The inevitable stages of collecting Hermes...your opinions, please!!

Seriously who the heck typed that out? :biggrin::biggrin:

not many but just about one shawl
I have way more than one cashmere shawl today. As for silk carres, I have about 5 scarves left after re-homing the rest (not many either)

I've been using a silky-pop type non-H bag
I have no idea what I was talking about or what bag I was referring to. I still have 2 silky pops with me today, love them

I've one bag coming, a birkin in Rouge Venetien
I regret passing on this, I'd LOVE a RV

H RTW doesn't excite me. H jewelry, lovely as they are, have not moved me enough to pull out my credit card. H shoes are not expensive compared to the other brands I love but they're not exciting either. Although I do see myself buying them to match some of my bags.
I absolutely adore H's rtw, not all but the few I got I love and treasure.
Jewelry I only like and wear the horn jewelry regularly. I am still not into their gold or silver pieces except for a necklace, a ring and a pair of small earrings.

I'm done for now with my H wants, unless I can find myself a black/white silk pompom or a tdf silky city
I bought probably the last of pompoms available in the market for many tpf friends and didn't keep any for myself. duh.
I found my UHG Tigre Royale silky city at the Shanghai store and I still have it

OK that's that for what I posted almost 10 years ago.

Didn't talk much about bags so my bag journey is like this :
2008 end Sept I got my very first H bag, an etoupe Lindy and got another one in Paris 3 months later. Both are sold, they are size 30s and I prefer 26. 2 years ago I got my first exotic and it is a L26.

2009 onwards it was all Birkins. My first was a preloved 30 gold togo and it was perfection. Can't remember why I sold it. A few 30s came and went. Then I had a brief 25cm phase, a few 25s came and went.

Right now I prefer the Kelly in all sizes, I have one in each size ie 25, 28, 32 and I don't want anymore. I have only one birkin 30 left in my collection and don't want more either.

2009-2010 I got 3 trims in BJ, Barenia, Black and Indigo. Sold the last one last year.

2011-2013 I was crazy for bolides. I used to think it was very matronly then I guess I grew old. I was alone in China for work and didn't want recognizable bags. So my bolides were in daily rotation for about 5 years. Last year I re-homed all but one.

2017-2018 I went Constance crazy. I got a preloved neutral colour C18 around 2011/12 to test the waters and loved it except it was a tad small so a few years after I got my C18 I got a gorgeous pop blue C24 in 2017 and in 2018 and probably my most favourite bag out of all my bags, a Vert Emeraude in shiny gator.

Except for Constance and Kelly, I don't have multiples of the same bag types. The rest of my collection are a Halzan that I LOVE (in gold swift, I still miss my first gold b), a KP bought in 2010, double sens, jypsiere and a tutti fruitti pouch.

SLGs featured throughout the years, had several wallets and now left with 2. My very first Kelly wallet which I don't use anymore because I can't deal with the turnkey creating dings and dents in my bags and a Constance wallet that is my daily wallet today.

What didn't change from day 1 is I am still a neutral girl and I really really don't like Epsom.

I still want a red, in a picotin 22.

What a journey! ❤️

Reactions: loves
What a timely thread!! I took a break from this forum for awhile as I couldn’t bear to see all the wonderful new H items and not run to the store. I have a daughter in college and was afraid I would squander her tuition. I have no willpower whatsoever!

In reading some of my old posts, I realize how much I’ve changed. I used to love big bags - the bigger the better - but a back injury has forced me to revaluate. Here are some of the changes I’ve noticed:

1) Big bags don’t work for me anymore - I love my B35, Bolide 37 (favorites) and toolbox but they are too heavy for me. I love all 3 styles so will consider going down to a 30, 27 and TB 20.

2) My Plumes and my Halzan are my most used bags - lightweight, roomy, under-the-radar and versatile

3) Kelly’s just don’t work for me anymore but I can’t bring myself to part with them ones I have just yet.

4) Same with my scarves, I love looking at my silk scarves but I don’t wear them anymore and need to start paring down my collection

5) Coincidentally I never thought I could pull off GM’s, now they are my most used scarves. They’re excellent for travel!

6) The silkin wallet is my favorite!

7) Still wear cdc’s but not as much

8) I haven’t worn my jumping boots in awhile but I think I’m going to break them out this fall

9) I’m all over the board with color. Now that I have some ‘base’ neutrals- I want color! Color! And more Color!

10) I once swore that an Evelyne looked horrible in my frame and the one I had sat in my drawer for 2 years! I’m now in search of another one.

I’ve really missed this forum. It’s nice to be back, see old and new faces and admire everyone’s collections. Thanks for reviving this thread!

Started out with b30 in blue sapphire in 2016, then 2017 got a K28 Etoupe, and 2018 in June got a black c24, so far doing well, and hoping for a k25 burgundy at end if this year if lucky or special order offer, then a pink b25 in light pink shade sometime next year, then the collection be completed, and can move to a enjoy stage.
Take time to know what work for you, then you can enjoy the journey and not making mistake !!!

I can totally relate! I’m going to try to order a K28, today! I’m gravitating towards neutrals right now, but of course, would take pretty much any color, if offered lol

Started out with a barenia Kelly dog from DH and oh boy, it was over for me... 9 years later he got my sa to find me a 30... I thought it was rested and then h began producing again

IMG_1478.jpg

First bags were from trusted resellers on eBay. I can remember unboxing my first - a HAC in courcheval and then a recession special - toile barenia birkin. Eventually they felt too big and now I only have one yoga performing back bender of a floppy black birkin 35 that I love

Fell in love and briefly owned a RV birkin 30 in fjord. Suffered from H anxiety - too little and too bright. Rehomed to a lovely lady, but missed her to the point that I bought and sold twice! RG Birkins to try to fill the need.

A couple Kelly 32s that didn’t fit me and A Kelly Lakis I really regret giving up now ... I have one little RV jewel 25

IMG_1534604644.776326.jpg

A decade later and I have my almost perfect collection .... 25 and 30 is my ideal, birkin not Kelly.... only pending wish is for a neutral Constance 24 for the bag gods to find me!

Not my bag, but hopeful of something close

IMG_0670.jpg

Ok would never say no to a black barenia 25 with phw!!!! Grail!

As to other H stuff, ummmmm, best not to mention how much I have.... even with multiple closet clean outs. And I thought I was safe from scarves since I don’t wear them, but then someone posted you could make cushions. Three later and I must hold!!!!

View attachment 4166949

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:
What a timely thread!! I took a break from this forum for awhile as I couldn’t bear to see all the wonderful new H items and not run to the store. I have a daughter in college and was afraid I would squander her tuition. I have no willpower whatsoever!

In reading some of my old posts, I realize how much I’ve changed. I used to love big bags - the bigger the better - but a back injury has forced me to revaluate. Here are some of the changes I’ve noticed:

1) Big bags don’t work for me anymore - I love my B35, Bolide 37 (favorites) and toolbox but they are too heavy for me. I love all 3 styles so will consider going down to a 30, 27 and TB 20.

2) My Plumes and my Halzan are my most used bags - lightweight, roomy, under-the-radar and versatile

3) Kelly’s just don’t work for me anymore but I can’t bring myself to part with them ones I have just yet.

4) Same with my scarves, I love looking at my silk scarves but I don’t wear them anymore and need to start paring down my collection

5) Coincidentally I never thought I could pull off GM’s, now they are my most used scarves. They’re excellent for travel!

6) The silkin wallet is my favorite!

7) Still wear cdc’s but not as much

8) I haven’t worn my jumping boots in awhile but I think I’m going to break them out this fall

9) I’m all over the board with color. Now that I have some ‘base’ neutrals- I want color! Color! And more Color!

10) I once swore that an Evelyne looked horrible in my frame and the one I had sat in my drawer for 2 years! I’m now in search of another one.

I’ve really missed this forum. It’s nice to be back, see old and new faces and admire everyone’s collections. Thanks for reviving this thread!

I’m so happy to restart the conversation! It’s so interesting to see how people evolve in their collections.
1) love my B35, but it does seem a tad big for me. I think I’ll try for 30 and under in the future
2) I just got a small Halzan for the versatility and could totally see myself getting a 31 (or two )
3) My next wish is to have a K28, fit the smaller size and strap
4) Going to play with scarves today! Both twillys for my bags and larger ones to wear!
5) I will have to check those out!
6) I love my silkin compact wallet! It’s the perfect size and set-up for me! (I just got it yesterday with my mini Halzan)
7) I would love to build my bracelet collection!
8) No footwear, yet! Maybe a pair of Orans today!
9) I think that’s the rule of thumb I’m following :smile:
10) I think the Evelyne has to grow on me, as well. I’m sure it will!

Thanks so much for the fab insight!!

Started out with a barenia Kelly dog from DH and oh boy, it was over for me... 9 years later he got my sa to find me a 30... I thought it was rested and then h began producing again

View attachment 4166940

First bags were from trusted resellers on eBay. I can remember unboxing my first - a HAC in courcheval and then a recession special - toile barenia birkin. Eventually they felt too big and now I only have one yoga performing back bender of a floppy black birkin 35 that I love

Fell in love and briefly owned a RV birkin 30 in fjord. Suffered from H anxiety - too little and too bright. Rehomed to a lovely lady, but missed her to the point that I bought and sold twice! RG Birkins to try to fill the need.

A couple Kelly 32s that didn’t fit me and A Kelly Lakis I really regret giving up now ... I have one little RV jewel 25

View attachment 4166938

A decade later and I have my almost perfect collection .... 25 and 30 is my ideal, birkin not Kelly.... only pending wish is for a neutral Constance 24 for the bag gods to find me!

View attachment 4166943

As to other H stuff, ummmmm, best not to mention how much I have.... even with multiple closet clean outs. And I thought I was safe from scarves since I don’t wear them, but then someone posted you could make cushions. Three later and I must hold!!!!

View attachment 4166949

Love your little red jewel!

I definitely went through stages... Interest in the brand, obsession with the brand, and now enjoying my collection and buying only a few times a year (I just made my first purchase for 2018). I have yet to sell anything, though I purchased a few pieces during the obsession phase which I could probably stand to part with.

I am a writer and I wanted to get myself a nice notebook cover. So I stepped into a Hermes store for the first time to purchase a Ulysse notebook cover. I was so impressed with the quality of the leather that I went back for more. Then I discovered the leather bracelets, the scarves, the bags, and eventually the tableware. I have stayed away from the RTW and shoes (I prefer other brands for those). H is like a black hole...

Seriously who the heck typed that out? :biggrin::biggrin:

not many but just about one shawl
I have way more than one cashmere shawl today. As for silk carres, I have about 5 scarves left after re-homing the rest (not many either)

I've been using a silky-pop type non-H bag
I have no idea what I was talking about or what bag I was referring to. I still have 2 silky pops with me today, love them

I've one bag coming, a birkin in Rouge Venetien
I regret passing on this, I'd LOVE a RV

H RTW doesn't excite me. H jewelry, lovely as they are, have not moved me enough to pull out my credit card. H shoes are not expensive compared to the other brands I love but they're not exciting either. Although I do see myself buying them to match some of my bags.
I absolutely adore H's rtw, not all but the few I got I love and treasure.
Jewelry I only like and wear the horn jewelry regularly. I am still not into their gold or silver pieces except for a necklace, a ring and a pair of small earrings.

I'm done for now with my H wants, unless I can find myself a black/white silk pompom or a tdf silky city
I bought probably the last of pompoms available in the market for many tpf friends and didn't keep any for myself. duh.
I found my UHG Tigre Royale silky city at the Shanghai store and I still have it

OK that's that for what I posted almost 10 years ago.

Didn't talk much about bags so my bag journey is like this :
2008 end Sept I got my very first H bag, an etoupe Lindy and got another one in Paris 3 months later. Both are sold, they are size 30s and I prefer 26. 2 years ago I got my first exotic and it is a L26.

2009 onwards it was all Birkins. My first was a preloved 30 gold togo and it was perfection. Can't remember why I sold it. A few 30s came and went. Then I had a brief 25cm phase, a few 25s came and went.

Right now I prefer the Kelly in all sizes, I have one in each size ie 25, 28, 32 and I don't want anymore. I have only one birkin 30 left in my collection and don't want more either.

2009-2010 I got 3 trims in BJ, Barenia, Black and Indigo. Sold the last one last year.

2011-2013 I was crazy for bolides. I used to think it was very matronly then I guess I grew old. I was alone in China for work and didn't want recognizable bags. So my bolides were in daily rotation for about 5 years. Last year I re-homed all but one.

2017-2018 I went Constance crazy. I got a preloved neutral colour C18 around 2011/12 to test the waters and loved it except it was a tad small so a few years after I got my C18 I got a gorgeous pop blue C24 in 2017 and in 2018 and probably my most favourite bag out of all my bags, a Vert Emeraude in shiny gator.

Except for Constance and Kelly, I don't have multiples of the same bag types. The rest of my collection are a Halzan that I LOVE (in gold swift, I still miss my first gold b), a KP bought in 2010, double sens, jypsiere and a tutti fruitti pouch.

SLGs featured throughout the years, had several wallets and now left with 2. My very first Kelly wallet which I don't use anymore because I can't deal with the turnkey creating dings and dents in my bags and a Constance wallet that is my daily wallet today.

What didn't change from day 1 is I am still a neutral girl and I really really don't like Epsom.

I still want a red, in a picotin 22.

Isn't it fun to read your old posts?! What an incredible journey - I say get the red picotin!

Reactions: loves

View attachment 4166940

View attachment 4166938

View attachment 4166943

View attachment 4166949

That barenia B is to die for! I love the fact that you're close to having your perfect collection and hope to get there one day. BTW, I wouldn't say no to Black Barenia either :smile:

Reactions: doloresmia
Having just made a large pause in my work day I'm finding this thread a pleasure and interesting to read. I really need to think here.

:thinking:

1. When I was a teen I was bought a CDC. I've worn it and worn it and I still love it now. End of stage 1.

2. Since my family love their little orange boxes so much from each other I started buying others things I thought they might like. But me - I never saw anything that made my heart go pitta-pat although I always admired the heritage style bags from a distance. I was given a few things land bought some vintage earrings and I was very happy with everything I had but not H delirious enough to rampage FSH for myself. 2nd over.

3. I got a longing for enamel bangle a couple of years ago but I never found THE one. Finally I found one with a scarf to 'match' in La Femme aux Semelles de Vent. I was happy - still am happy. Definitely THE one but I wouldn't rule out another since it has been so useful. Oh and I went to an H sample sale in Paris and bought something wonderful but it was the only thing I wanted in there . End of 3.

4. I started to really appreciate H things and my SA showed me a bag I could not ignore called the Bolide 1923, but then with an appreciation of the price - I am still thinking. I have ordered a bag (not the Bolide) in a leather/colour of my choice though I admit someone else is paying - they want me to have something that will be remind me of them and be special forever. A couple of years ago I would have wanted another coat now I'm happy it will be a bag.

5. Due maybe to the price increase, maybe to conscience I have halved my wish-list for S/S. I am very happy with my new purchases over the last year (esp my romance scarf-ring-belt-thingy, maybe because I doubted I would get it) but I'm going to keep very pared down. I don't think I've made any 'mistakes' so far and that's the way I want to keep it.

So actually not so much difference between the stages except I've grown up and my taste has matured. It would have saved me money to have bought a bag 5 even 10 years ago but I at that time I was into other things. C'est la vie!

I was so sweet. I can't believe I used to buy H things for others and thought they weren't for me.

1. After only owning 1 for years I have the 'grand' total of 2 CDCs. Both black with ghw (so I can wear one on each wrist at the same time if I want) . I still have the hinge bracelet in lizard.

2. Sadly most of those people I used to buy H for have departed this world.

3. I still have my LFaS enamel and it's my only.

4. I have that Swift Travel Web Bolide I was talking about as a '1923' (obviously there is another officially called 1923 Bolide now that is slightly different). I also have the BBK mentioned too and another 9 H bags, all of which I use regularly (or as much as I can). I would have never pictured me with a GP back then but everyone needs a great looking and strong tote bag.

5. If anything I'm less careful now. You only live once and I do't think I've every regretted a single H purchase.

I was so sweet. I can't believe I used to buy H things for others and thought they weren't for me.

1. After only owning 1 for years I have the 'grand' total of 2 CDCs. Both black with ghw (so I can wear one on each wrist at the same time if I want) . I still have the enamel and a hinge bracelet in lizard.

2. Sadly most of those people I used to buy H for have departed this world.

3. I still have my LFaS enamel and it's my only.

4. I have that Swift Travel Web Bolide I was talking about as a '1923' (obviously there is another officially called 1923 Bolide now that is slightly different). I also have the BBK mentioned too and another 9 H bags, all of which I use regularly (or as much as I can). I would have never pictured me with a GP back then but everyone needs a great looking and strong tote bag.

5. If anything I'm less careful now. You only live once and I do't think I've every regretted a single H purchase.
Really touching!