The "I wanna buy a new bag but I can't" club... :(

I am in the same boat. I just bought a Balenciaga bag and need to pay my credit card. But there are so so so many other bags and accessories are on my wish list. I guess I just need to wait until 2008.

It's better to save for a bag you TRULY want rather than settle for a bag you convince yourself that you want, just because you can get the instant gratification.

Good luck getting your dream LV! It will happen. :yes:

I am in the exact same boat ladies! I have burned through a large chunk of my credit cards in the last year buying (mostly) bags. Now I am on a bag ban. I am tring to pay of my debt and save up for a Mono Speedy, MC Speedy and MC Trouville (one at a time). It's torture but I have to do it... Maybe I'll get one for XMas...
I am a full time student so paying off the debt will be slow and painfull. It's great that we all can whine about it together!

Accessories add up too...
just a few nice ones, and voila....its the price of a handbag.
I think if you're seriously needing a "ban" to save for something else,
you also have to ban those accessories .....and it's not easy.

It's better to save for a bag you TRULY want rather than settle for a bag you convince yourself that you want, just because you can get the instant gratification.

Good luck getting your dream LV! It will happen. :yes:

Thank you! That's what I've been trying to tell myself, that any money put toward a different bag is money that can't go toward the one that I really really want.

Ladies, ladies please!!! You are all looking at the negatives of saving for a bag! Look at the positives, the fun side. Number one: I've said it in other posts. The sexiest thing is to have a healthy savings account, no credit card debt AND fabulous handbags. So, please pay off your bills. Examine your spending. Remember "the latte factor" Put your latte money in a jar, and at the end of the week, you'll be shocked at how much you have. Multiply it -- and you'll have a new handbag "free" in no time. Make saving for a bag an ADVENTURE instead of a TORTURE! Know that when you buy a bag by saving up for it, you'll really want it, it will be a keeper, and it will be all yours with no debt. Maybe your latte factor is magazines, or...taxi rides...or whatever. Make it work! Make it happen! And enjoy it all the way! It's for a good cause: your new fab handbag that you'll love even more. Babies take 9 months. Why not a handbag?

I'm in the 'I want to buy a bag but can't because I live in a ****hole of a city where nothing stocks anything' club. So no matter how I save, I can't get one anyone, and I wont' let myself get a credit card because I know it'll just get out of hand, plus I dont' even think my yearly income is enough to apply for one...

^ My area is the same way, I have to order online because there isn't a place that sells designer bags anywhere near where I live. I just want to be able to go and look at them!

You could get a debit card if you don't want a credit card, then you could order online. But then you can't be part of this super elite club. :P

I'm in the same boat. I have a really heavily reduced collection at the moment, as I sold a load of them as I wasn't using them and was bored with them. Even if I had the money for a new one, nothing has really caught me eye recently. I think I'm ill :tdown::wtf::shrugs: