The "I wanna buy a new bag but I can't" club... :(

wordbox

so in love!
O.G.
Feb 26, 2007
Okay, so I'm trying to be better about money right now and focus on paying off my credit cards and dealing with my last year of tuition, etc etc etc.

But I wanna buy a new bag!

Anyone else in this boat? I'm trying to set some money aside to save up for a bag that I am dying for (LV Damier Azur Speedy), but that's not going to happen for awhile. I'm wanting some instant gratification, but something nice like a Hayden-Harnett sale bag or something. *sigh* I know I can't, though. But I don't have the willpower to ignore the Deals and Steals forum and drool over the possibilities.

Anyhow, I started this so those who are in the same boat -- lusting and not being able to snatch up those bags we want -- could whine and be cranky about it together. Bag bans, what's that?

I know what you mean!!! I've promised the bf that I won't buy anymore bags for the rest of the year (considering I've purchased over 15 this year already...but sold some too). You just have to stay strong. I'm putting money aside every month....and hopefully I can go to Woodbury Commons next year and have the time of my life!

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I am working on paying credit cards. I still haven't paid for the 3 bags I purchased since joing TPF. That comes to $3,000. I don['t make a lot and have 2 kids in private school so I have to get priorities in order! I already know the next 2 bags I want. I'll get them, it will just take time.

Same boat! I am saving up, but only have a mere $10 right now *sigh* I am considering my next bag as a present to myself for when I reach my goal weight. So I am working on saving money and losing weight right now. I want to save about $900, since what I like seems to be in that range. I am still open to less expensive bags, and am even hoping that with that much I might be able to get 2(or 3!) if I find some excellent deals at Marshall's or TJ Maxx.

I'm in the same boat as you gals. I need to pay off my cc before i can buy more......soooo wanting a Chanel bubble quit flap and MC flap........

Need to pay off mine too.. at least one anyways, :crybaby: lol!

I want so many right now (esp. JC Mahala liquid patent plum!)... Two more weeks and I'm good to go!

No credit cards to pay off, but plenty of tuition to worry about paying off in the near future! Right now I have a decent amount saved up and could def afford my dream bag of the moment (LV speedy), but I know I need to plan for the future.

I started my ban in early June and now it's almost over....it's been torture not buying anything new for an entire summer...but the good news is that no more credit cards for me, so it has been totally worth it!!

Anne

Same boat! I am saving up, but only have a mere $10 right now *sigh* I am considering my next bag as a present to myself for when I reach my goal weight. So I am working on saving money and losing weight right now. I want to save about $900, since what I like seems to be in that range. I am still open to less expensive bags, and am even hoping that with that much I might be able to get 2(or 3!) if I find some excellent deals at Marshall's or TJ Maxx.

I:heart:handbags....can you tell me what bag is in your Avatar??? I like it!

I told my boyfriend that my Coach purchase that I made in July would be my last handbag for the year. I'm fine with that, but it's going to take me awhile to save up for my 2008 purchase (a Damier Speedy!) and it's killing me! I know that the time will fly by and i'll have it before I even realize, but I keep thinking about it.

Accessories, however, are fair game :wlae: