The High Jewelry Thread

Th
WOW BOTH ARE STUNNING. sounds amazing. That pear aquamarine is absolutely gorgeous on you.
Do you have any more jewellery pictures? I'd love to see :smile: xx
Thank you so much, means a lot coming from you I admire your jewelry collection! I mostly was taking videos because they capture the jewels best, and it seems I can only post YouTube videos here.
However, I will say, my visit resulted in me going over to the colored diamonds and gemstones area, where I discovered my love for fancy yellow diamonds (earrings!) and found a more affordable aquamarine piece that is not High Jewelry.

Th

Thank you so much, means a lot coming from you I admire your jewelry collection! I mostly was taking videos because they capture the jewels best, and it seems I can only post YouTube videos here.
However, I will say, my visit resulted in me going over to the colored diamonds and gemstones area, where I discovered my love for fancy yellow diamonds (earrings!) and found a more affordable aquamarine piece that is not High Jewelry.

That is a lovely compliment. thank you very much. I am very grateful to be in a position to purchase my dream pieces (albiet very slowly hahah !).
Totally understand about the videos. This is so true with the sparkle and lighting.
Thankyou for sharing xx

Reactions: tutu_08
Mappin & Webb Empress circle drop diamond earrings:
15420007_1.jpg

I guess not lol

I’ve seen the very expensive Hermes jewelry while at Paris. The stuff that’s 6 figures. I didn’t take any pictures, however, since none of it really spoke to me.

Design wise, I would say Hermes leans more toward the Cartier industrial look, but a lot busier, instead of being sleek and minimalistic. Maybe grungy or punk is the right description? Generally, it’s not my vibe. I would prefer it if Hermes had more horse-themed jewelry. But their “high jewelry” is much more like, 5 Kelly locks on one bracelet. And there wasn’t a lot of creativity in terms of the stones that they use, or different colors or shapes. I think everything was just pave to the max, which is also not my favorite.

I’m not sure if Hermes really counts as high jewelry, either, because I’m pretty sure their designs are re-used, since none of them (from what I saw) featured one-of-a-kind stones or use rare materials.

I’ve seen the very expensive Hermes jewelry while at Paris. The stuff that’s 6 figures. I didn’t take any pictures, however, since none of it really spoke to me.

Design wise, I would say Hermes leans more toward the Cartier industrial look, but a lot busier, instead of being sleek and minimalistic. Maybe grungy or punk is the right description? Generally, it’s not my vibe. I would prefer it if Hermes had more horse-themed jewelry. But their “high jewelry” is much more like, 5 Kelly locks on one bracelet. And there wasn’t a lot of creativity in terms of the stones that they use, or different colors or shapes. I think everything was just pave to the max, which is also not my favorite.

I’m not sure if Hermes really counts as high jewelry, either, because I’m pretty sure their designs are re-used, since none of them (from what I saw) featured one-of-a-kind stones or use rare materials.
there was one jewelry event I went to, perhaps in 2022. Hermes showed jewelry like this:
IMG_6549.jpegIMG_6538.jpegIMG_6544.jpeg
I don’t think that I would classify collection as high jewelry (I think it is pave black spinel, idk). But, not exactly everyday items either. :smile: I posted about the event here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-new-york-city-stores.666239/page-178

Last edited:
there was one jewelry event I went to, perhaps in 2022. Hermes showed jewelry like this:
View attachment 5885665View attachment 5885666View attachment 5885667
I don’t think that I would classify collection as high jewelry (I think it is pave black spinel, idk). But, not exactly everyday items either. :smile: I posted about the event here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-new-york-city-stores.666239/page-178
I couldn’t tell without seeing it in the flesh, but it could be black diamonds(these are not really valuable ) but obviously the pieces above would be very expensive ..
I doubt they’d be spinel, but it’s impossible to say from such dark pictures ..

Reactions: 880
I couldn’t tell without seeing it in the flesh, but it could be black diamonds(these are not really valuable ) but obviously the pieces above would be very expensive ..
Black diamonds are not valuable? I didn't know that lol. What about compared to normal diamonds?

@cecchetti, I just looked up the name of this particular ‘high jewelry’ collection (Hermes calls it high jewelry). it’s pave diamonds, with a degrade effect shadow of black spinel and blue sapphires. I do recall an h manager telling me that H was going to use black diamonds the follow8ng season, but I don’t remember if this was before or after this collection. Though I do not remember prices, I do recall thinking it was eye wateringky expensive, no matter what the gems were. lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: cecchetti
@cecchetti, I just looked up the name of this particular ‘high jewelry’ collection (Hermes calls it high jewelry). it’s pave diamonds, with a degrade effect shadow of black spinel and blue sapphires. I do recall an h manager telling me that H was going to use black diamonds the follow8ng season, but I don’t remember if this was before or after this collection. Though I do not remember prices, I do recall thinking it was eye wateringky expensive, no matter what the gems were. lol.
@880 Thank you for that!
I guessed that it would be “eye watereringly expensive”- the irony is that the value is in the H Nana and design …not much is in the intrinsic value of the materials..which is why I don’t buy pave “High jewellery”.

Although there’s no denying that it’s very beautiful ❤️

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
Actually both Tiffany and Chanel sometimes use black spinel over black diamond as well-as black diamond can be pitted and uneven.
I own a one carat black diamond pendant in platinum, but it’s worth far less than my coloured diamonds of a similar size..(I own Intense Blue diamonds-the complete opposite end of the spectrum)

• Insightful
Reactions: blushnbellinlvoe
Actually both Tiffany and Chanel sometimes use black spinel over black diamond as well-as black diamond can be pitted and uneven.
I own a one carat black diamond pendant in platinum, but it’s worth far less than my coloured diamonds of a similar size..(I own Intense Blue diamonds-the complete opposite end of the spectrum)
What is the most expensive diamond colour?

Reactions: cecchetti