The Handle or Andiamo bag?

Happy Monday everyone! Trying to decide between the small Handle and Andiamo (small or medium). Which would you say would be the most practical everyday understated bag? Thank you! :heart:
Hmmm, that's a tough one. They're both practical and understated- classic handbag silhouettes. Does one style really speak to you? Do you have an opportunity to try them on before committing to one? I feel like that would help you decide! ;)

Reactions: Aleksaki
Hmmm, that's a tough one. They're both practical and understated- classic handbag silhouettes. Does one style really speak to you? Do you have an opportunity to try them on before committing to one? I feel like that would help you decide! ;)
I have seen both in person and really liked The Handle. Now I am having some doubts - is it one of the classic ones? Andiamo seems like an instant classic… The Handle - not so sure. I am also considering the Bowling Cassette, but hadn’t seen it in person yet.

I have seen both in person and really liked The Handle. Now I am having some doubts - is it one of the classic ones? Andiamo seems like an instant classic… The Handle - not so sure. I am also considering the Bowling Cassette, but hadn’t seen it in person yet.
The Handle has been out for a few years now, so it's not a flash-in-the-pan BV style. @Rashmi did a nice reveal of her Handle in 2021. IMHO: 1) The Handle is more classic than the Bowling Cassette, 2) the Handle is reminiscent of an Hermes Bolide, and 3) the smaller intrecciato weave is more "classic" BV versus the wider Casette weave.

If you're on the fence between Handle and Andiamo, have you considered getting a Roma? That was a classic style for many years, and it usually includes a longer shoulder strap. (Caveat- it's a heavier bag.) There are many in the resale market. :flowers:

The Handle has been out for a few years now, so it's not a flash-in-the-pan BV style. @Rashmi did a nice reveal of her Handle in 2021. IMHO: 1) The Handle is more classic than the Bowling Cassette, 2) the Handle is reminiscent of an Hermes Bolide, and 3) the smaller intrecciato weave is more "classic" BV versus the wider Casette weave.

If you're on the fence between Handle and Andiamo, have you considered getting a Roma? That was a classic style for many years, and it usually includes a longer shoulder strap. (Caveat- it's a heavier bag.) There are many in the resale market. :flowers:
Thank you for such a thoughtful response :heart: ! I went back to the BV boutique and looked at both bags again. The Handle is beautiful, but i could see the potential issue with the clasp sticking - the bag I was looking at has that issue. Then i saw a large Andiamo in fondant and knew that I would be ordering the small in that shade ASAP (the store didn’t have small in stock). The bag arrived today and I am happy with my decision - this bag is lightweight, spacious, versatile and understated. The shade is a rich cool dark brown, looks almost black in certain lighting - a perfect neutral for all seasons. I will post some photos later, hopefully this weekend!

Thank you for such a thoughtful response :heart: ! I went back to the BV boutique and looked at both bags again. The Handle is beautiful, but i could see the potential issue with the clasp sticking - the bag I was looking at has that issue. Then i saw a large Andiamo in fondant and knew that I would be ordering the small in that shade ASAP (the store didn’t have small in stock). The bag arrived today and I am happy with my decision - this bag is lightweight, spacious, versatile and understated. The shade is a rich cool dark brown, looks almost black in certain lighting - a perfect neutral for all seasons. I will post some photos later, hopefully this weekend!
Congrats on a great choice! :yahoo:
I'm thinking of getting a small Andiamo in Fondant someday too, so maybe we'll be bag twins eventually.

• Love
Congrats on a great choice! :yahoo:
I'm thinking of getting a small Andiamo in Fondant someday too, so maybe we'll be bag twins eventually.
After having had it for almost a week, I highly recommend the small Andiamo in Fondant! Been wearing it non-stop - so easy to access all my things, fits more than I expected, goes with everything, so lightweight, comfortable …:heart: my new favorite!
P. S. The bag fits significantly more than my LV Pochette Metis. Currently i carry my iphone, charger, AirPods, cardholder or small wallet, sunglasses in case, medium LV Kirigami pouch stuffed with toiletries, a pen, hand sanitizer, full sized hand lotion, tissues and a book (pocket format)! I could probably fit even a few more items such as a small planner, hair comb, lipstick etc., definitely a small bottle of water (minus the book).

Mine just arrived yesterday and I’m on the fence about keeping it since the leather seems delicate. Particularly worried about scuffing and wear on the strap from passing through the metal rings. Have you noticed anything like that? How would you describe the west and tear after a week of solid use? Does it scratch or show wear easily? Sorry for the 5 million questions for this price point and for an “every day bag” don’t want to have to baby it

After having had it for almost a week, I highly recommend the small Andiamo in Fondant! Been wearing it non-stop - so easy to access all my things, fits more than I expected, goes with everything, so lightweight, comfortable …:heart: my new favorite!
P. S. The bag fits significantly more than my LV Pochette Metis. Currently i carry my iphone, charger, AirPods, cardholder or small wallet, sunglasses in case, medium LV Kirigami pouch stuffed with toiletries, a pen, hand sanitizer, full sized hand lotion, tissues and a book (pocket format)! I could probably fit even a few more items such as a small planner, hair comb, lipstick etc., definitely a small bottle of water (minus the book).
Mine just arrived yesterday and I’m on the fence about keeping it since the leather seems delicate. Particularly worried about scuffing and wear on the strap from passing through the metal rings. Have you noticed anything like that? How would you describe the west and tear after a week of solid use? Does it scratch or show wear easily? Sorry for the 5 million questions for this price point and for an “every day bag” don’t want to have to baby it

Congratulations! It is a beautiful bag. Which color did you get? I hadn’t noticed any wear signs, the leather is holding up very well and the strap is surprisingly comfortable! Hope this helps:smile:

Congratulations! It is a beautiful bag. Which color did you get? I hadn’t noticed any wear signs, the leather is holding up very well and the strap is surprisingly comfortable! Hope this helps:smile:
Thank you! That’s helpful to hear. I got the medium in fondant, too. In case it helps you down the line, if you happened to buy yours at a Bottega store, the Andiamo is covered by their new “certificate of craft”. Talked at length with the SA about it and she said it covers ALL wear and tear of the bag for the bag’s lifetime. So even if you pass it down to your kid, it would still be covered. Seemed too good to be true but she assured me scratches, scuffs, any wear and tear is covered under that maintenance—she said the only thing they see often and literally can’t do anything about is denim color transfer on their lighter bags. Hope this helps you or anyone out there considering the Andiamo!

Thank you! That’s helpful to hear. I got the medium in fondant, too. In case it helps you down the line, if you happened to buy yours at a Bottega store, the Andiamo is covered by their new “certificate of craft”. Talked at length with the SA about it and she said it covers ALL wear and tear of the bag for the bag’s lifetime. So even if you pass it down to your kid, it would still be covered. Seemed too good to be true but she assured me scratches, scuffs, any wear and tear is covered under that maintenance—she said the only thing they see often and literally can’t do anything about is denim color transfer on their lighter bags. Hope this helps you or anyone out there considering the Andiamo!
Just curious, did your SA give you a physical “certificate of craft” card with your medium Andiamo purchase? I just got one yesterday and was told it wasn’t covered, that only certain bags are. Of course they reassured me that if anything happened at any time to just bring the bag back in and they’ll take care of it, but I would be a bit of annoyed if some boutiques were covering it and others weren’t !