The Hammock Nugget

Addy

The Odd Mod
Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 19, 2006
Anyone get one? Regardless, your thoughts on this new style?

The Hammock Nugget borrows the Hammock familys multifunctional design and combines it with elegant new proportions in smooth nappa calfskin.
  • Shoulder, crossbody or hand carry
  • Detachable and adjustable shoulder strap
  • Internal hook closure
  • One internal slip pocket
  • Gold suede lining
Strap length: 83 - 112 cm
Handle drop: 3 - 15 cm
Weight: 0.91 kg

Height (cm): 20
Width (cm): 20.2
Depth (cm): 17

Height (inch): 7.9
Width (inch): 8
Depth (inch): 6.7

Pics from loewe.com
Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 7.16.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 7.19.48 PM.png

It is cute, but I have a similar designed bag from Max Maras last winter season and I find this kind of handle design not so practical (one handle slinging into the other and being shorter), at least for a smaller bag probably ok, for a bigger one probably not so convenient. Imagine having to be careful when having the bag open, that the shorter handle side does not flop open, when you have only one handle in the hand or on the crook because the other one is too short, especially if the leather is soft.

• Insightful
Reactions: missmythology
Anyone get one? Regardless, your thoughts on this new style?

The Hammock Nugget borrows the Hammock familys multifunctional design and combines it with elegant new proportions in smooth nappa calfskin.
  • Shoulder, crossbody or hand carry
  • Detachable and adjustable shoulder strap
  • Internal hook closure
  • One internal slip pocket
  • Gold suede lining
Strap length: 83 - 112 cm
Handle drop: 3 - 15 cm
Weight: 0.91 kg

Height (cm): 20
Width (cm): 20.2
Depth (cm): 17

Height (inch): 7.9
Width (inch): 8
Depth (inch): 6.7

Pics from loewe.com
View attachment 5332229
View attachment 5332233

I love the looks of the hammock nugget but I have to have a zipper on my bags. I realized I never used my bags that didn't have at least a large zipper compartment (for my wallet and phone) and it was a costly mistake.

At a first glance, I feel like this bag is a tad too wide and having owned the mini hammock, this bag feels like an updated version where they try to solve the open big compartment which is hard to secure on the hammock with drawstring closure. Can't stand the one longer handle slipping thru the shorter one though, to me that's a major design turn-off as it won't look as good up close (from afar, the overall silhouette of the bag is kinda tolerable).

Also, with the base dimension being wide/square-y, I can already imagine it swinging around abit too much when being carried by hand and probably would bump into people in a crowd.

Tbh, I don't feel wow-ed by Loewe this time and the design doesn't feel new to me. It looks like Senreve when the wing flap is wide opened, kinda similar to hammock when it closes. Probably the existing iconic designs (Puzzle, Gate, etc) kinda makes me expect more from them

To each their own, though! would like to see it in-person sometime

It looks cute but I’m not wowed by it! On the website they have pics of it with a crossbody strap and I think it looks a lot better handheld! I’d prefer the original hammock over this bag.

I did it! Got the Nugget in Deep Navy and I LOVE it! The strap is not very long so I bought the Anagram Strap in Apple Green/Deep Navy to match for crossbody wear - I think the Apple Green adds a nice punch of color! The hardware on the Nugget is gold and the hardware on the Anagram strap is silver but the strap rings inside the Nugget are lower down so you can't see that they are not the same color. So many options for wearing this... casual to more formal. And it is very roomy inside!
5B5EE45A-9C77-4F05-9D01-6014AAF1D5CE.jpeg

@Addy - Love it! Will you wear it with one handle tucked over the other? Or just leave the handles by themselves? It solves what I've never liked about the orig hammock design, which was the crossbody view of the bag. The nugget has my desired view of the bag when worn crossbody, which I find adorable!

Reactions: Addy
@Addy - Love it! Will you wear it with one handle tucked over the other? Or just leave the handles by themselves? It solves what I've never liked about the orig hammock design, which was the crossbody view of the bag. The nugget has my desired view of the bag when worn crossbody, which I find adorable!
Actually the one handle through the other “closes” the open top quite nicely so I’ll definitely be doing that.

Reactions: thundercloud
I took it on a jaunt to Las Vegas and it worked out great!

@Addy do you find the bag particularly heavy (say in comparison to a puzzle bag) after carrying for a bit? i keep going back and forth between the nugget and the original hammock and can't seem to make up my mind! TIA!

@Addy do you find the bag particularly heavy (say in comparison to a puzzle bag) after carrying for a bit? i keep going back and forth between the nugget and the original hammock and can't seem to make up my mind! TIA!
I did carry it crossbody literally for 10-12 hours a day in Vegas so I did have to switch it from one shoulder to the next. I did not find it particularly heavy in general though.

According to Loewe, the Nugget weighs 0.56kg and the Small Hammock weighs 0.68kg (I just picked these at random so admittedly, the type of leather may make a difference).

Is there a Loewe near you to try them on?