The Hammock Nugget

I did carry it crossbody literally for 10-12 hours a day in Vegas so I did have to switch it from one shoulder to the next. I did not find it particularly heavy in general though.

According to Loewe, the Nugget weighs 0.56kg and the Small Hammock weighs 0.68kg (I just picked these at random so admittedly, the type of leather may make a difference).

Is there a Loewe near you to try them on?
thanks so much for your insight!! such a difficult but happy decision to make lol though i’m hoping i’ll eventually end up with both lol

if you don’t mind me asking another question, do you find the nugget to be as versatile as the puzzle?

there isn’t a loewe near me but i guess i should check if any of the dept stores have it!

thanks so much for your insight!! such a difficult but happy decision to make lol though i’m hoping i’ll eventually end up with both lol

if you don’t mind me asking another question, do you find the nugget to be as versatile as the puzzle?

there isn’t a loewe near me but i guess i should check if any of the dept stores have it!
Buying both is definitely the best of both worlds! :lol:

They are so different in shape... I find the zipper entry on the Puzzle to limit what I can put inside but the Nugget opens up wide. I love bags I can get into quickly but the Puzzle is more secure that way. I would wear both anywhere.

I only purchased because of the HMC design; if there hadn't been a special edition, I think I would have assumed this bag was too small for my needs. I was pretty amazed to discover it can hold a paperback book and a water bottle - plus small items like a coin pouch, keys, tissues, etc. - with the "flaps" in and not be misshapen at all. With the sides opened out I could also fit an umbrella (the other larger item I'm likely to carry).

So far the only thing I dislike is that when filled to capacity, I really think it's too heavy for the skinny strap that comes with it. I haven't actually worn it out crossbody yet, though. I don't dislike the look on me, but it does stick out quite a bit. It also doesn't shut as tightly if worn crossbody, as gravity is pulling on the crossbody strap, not the top handle. However, it doesn't gape awkwardly, even when the top handle isn't looped through. I quite like the boxy look that has, actually, but it wouldn't be ideal if you were worried about pickpockets.

Like @zipporah I also would not have considered this bag if it wasn‘t for HMC and I was equally surprised how big it is despite looking quite small!

I also managed to fit my usual must haves and still having space (which is important for me, as I am a pedestrian, no car, so everything including spontaneous groceries should fit into the bag in the best case - so I need at least a medium bag to feel comfortable.).
It fits: umbrella, wallet, passport cover, tissues, desinfectant, sunglasses and this about covered the floor, so I had space upwards, e.g. for water bottle, food, etc.
It definetely has way more space than the small puzzle and it is very easy to access everything.
Despite being open, if the handles are intertwined it is somehow closed, so I feel safe that nobody would like supereasy get stuff out. It does not tilt when worn crossbody, so that‘s great, too!

I wore it only crossbody, wings out when I took it for a stroll in the city. Comfortable for me, no digging of the strap, but I had on a winter coat, so I don‘t know how it would be with no coat at all. It also did not bother me, that it sticks out? I think it is ok sizewise. But as I said, I am a medium bag girl anyways, so most my bags stick out more…

I also like it handheld, so cute. But I usually wear my bags crossbody because I prefer being hands free.

D6C9CF21-DE25-45D0-B2F6-93C61B0658C1.jpeg
1016826E-370D-45D3-9F74-2EEC907C8841.jpeg

i know i have a million questions about this bag haha (the NM near me doesn't have this one in stock so i never get to see it IRL) but do you guys have any photos/concerns re: the little loop that holds the handles of the bag in place? i noticed it's just held together by these stitches and i'm wondering if it seems sturdy to you all?

heres a photo of the part i'm referring to. Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 8.57.00 PM.png

Looks and feels pretty sturdy to me. The ring like piece seems like decorative part, it is not attached to the main piece.
The piece below inside the bag is completely attached to the main part, outside it is not attached.
The handles feel overall very sturdy. I would not be concerned that it could unravel.

4A989111-3225-437D-97FF-EB4DC40278A1.jpeg
B899A186-0371-4028-8459-613E52942351.jpeg
1588FDFB-E53E-4AB1-8CD8-0F88C596EEBD.jpeg

Reactions: gohgoomah
Reactions: fettfleck
Did anybody get the year of the rabbit version? I have a bunny bag in ghost but I love the knotted ear look and am wanting a rabbit eared hammock nugget now too!
this is actually the version that sold me on the nugget! i feel like the ears kind of balance out the wide bottom of the bag!

so i finally pulled the trigger on the nugget and though i do love it (you were all right it fits so much more than you'd think!), the wide base makes me unsure as i was wanting to carry this as a shoulder bag and it really does stick out a lot. i'll have to think about it for a couple more days.

this is actually the version that sold me on the nugget! i feel like the ears kind of balance out the wide bottom of the bag!

so i finally pulled the trigger on the nugget and though i do love it (you were all right it fits so much more than you'd think!), the wide base makes me unsure as i was wanting to carry this as a shoulder bag and it really does stick out a lot. i'll have to think about it for a couple more days.
Ooh which one did you end up getting? I think I still prefer the wings out look the majority of the time