The good old days got me thinking...

I do like some of the new things Coach is offering (the Madison line is beautiful...Sabrina, Julianne!!!), but I love Legacy best and some of the other lines that came out around the same time. I wish they'd bring it back.

Last edited:
Hi,
I do like the Legacy line, but in general I have passed on a few Coach bags because I have thought they weren't that special!!! Now, I see them I wish I hadn't passed on them!!! (like Hampton Vintage Hobo and Lindsay Shopper!!!!) TPF has really fueled my want of Coach!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

I'm looking for a Hamptons Vintage Hobo too!!

I am a large fan of the Legacy line and leather. I love the thick leather, great hardware and amazing detail... When Legach was being sold at the FP store I was not aware of it so I am glad that I can get these great bags online.. I also love Bleeker, Thompson, Gracia Leather, Hampton and Soho....

The original Legacy line was what got me buying coach years back, and also the Hamptons from '07 and back were the best. best leathers, best hardware, just the best if you have owned them you know what I mean. Coach will never I guess make them like that anymore. due to the fact that last year they closed the factory in Italy, and that is where those bags were made. and the good leather and hardware well it is probably to expensive now to make a bag like that. but I loved them. to the person asking where to find them eBay has alot of them for sale.

I know I've said it many times, but I'll reiterate here that I would love for a re-release of Legacy to occur. I definitely missed that boat in terms of the original release....I'd love a chance to stock up on styles like GiGi, Lily and Mandy. Oh well! Maybe some day?

I feel lucky I was able to find one Bridgit at outlet, I guess I'll try to fill out my Legacy collection on ebay (though I'm always so worried the bag won't be in the condition listed... I've learned the hard way that just because they say it's a nonsmoking home, that doesn't mean it's true! EEEEeeek). I just hate not being the original owner.... and so often NWT doesn't seem to be true.

In the meantime, I will stick with Madison (my other Coach love!).

Cashmere - I have to agree with you about the bay - you have to be really careful - I have hard good and bas experiences both ways. My purchases rom the bay have been small in cost but for that amount of money they are asking I am always scared. I did get a couple off bonanzle and had really good luck and transactions. Most of my searching has been there. Also on the bay the price starts off reasonable and then way out of control especially at the last minute when you think you have won.

Oh WOW, I was doing the same thing! I just cleaned out and rearranged my office, and I discovered some Coach catalogs I forgot I had!! I got really quiet, and my husband had to ask me what happened, lol, and I was sitting on the floor looking at the older catalogs. It got me thinking too! Some things I had forgotten about, actually...even some of the little fobs, etc. I went through all of them to see which bags I had out of each one. It was fun! I agree with you. I think my largest subcollection other than the newer Peytons and Sabrinas are the Legacy and Bleecker lines. I'm not going to say I've never gotten rid of any of them because I did get rid of a couple of Leighs and Bleecker duffles, but what I'm left with I can't imagine ever parting with. I never say never, but I can only say at this point that I've been trying to purchase some bags I never bought too. Somehow the older fillers I've scored have brought me more joy than most of my new bag purchases.