The Givenchy bag that got away... Tell your tale!

Aluxe

The Gimme-Queen
O.G.
Nov 29, 2010
There's another post that could be considered similar to this but it is not on point. However, if any mods feel the need to merge threads, please do so.

Now that that's out of the way, it turns out that there are 2 bags I regret not buying/keeping. One is the Chanel Take Away I returned and the second is a yellow Givenchy Obsedia clutch with silver hardware and chain shoulder strap.

http://www.lyst.com/bags/givenchy-obsedia-clutch-bag/

Here's a pic of it sitting in the store -
126_0461_zps05897f70.jpg

It was gorge! It was on sale at TJ Maxx (notice the price?). It was there forever, but I was being disciplined and well, missed out on it. I found it online for 3 times the sale price I missed out on *sniff* :cry:

Anyway, am I the only one who has missed out on a great Givenchy bag? Where you able to snatch it up later? Or where you like me - never to see it again *sobbing*

:biggrin:

Speak on it ladies and gents.

Too recent, too painful :crybaby:
I'm not ready to talk about it yet. It's still possible that another one will turn up...

The yellow Obsedia with chain strap is really lovely Aluxe. I hope it turns up for you again at a nice price, or one that you like even more than the yellow :yes:

Some of my biggest mistakes have been made when I was being disciplined... regrets :hrmm:

There's another post that could be considered similar to this but it is not on point. However, if any mods feel the need to merge threads, please do so.

Now that that's out of the way, it turns out that there are 2 bags I regret not buying/keeping. One is the Chanel Take Away I returned and the second is a yellow Givenchy Obsedia clutch with silver hardware and chain shoulder strap.

http://www.lyst.com/bags/givenchy-obsedia-clutch-bag/

Here's a pic of it sitting in the store -
126_0461_zps05897f70.jpg

It was gorge! It was on sale at TJ Maxx (notice the price?). It was there forever, but I was being disciplined and well, missed out on it. I found it online for 3 times the sale price I missed out on *sniff* :cry:

Anyway, am I the only one who has missed out on a great Givenchy bag? Where you able to snatch it up later? Or where you like me - never to see it again *sobbing*

:biggrin:

Speak on it ladies and gents.

Oh I've learned my lesson with that now. I let the same Givenchy Obsedia go not once, but TWICE, before finally getting that bag in my arms after a year on the third opportunity. I was filled with regret that whole year but my prayers were answered.

I am at the moment regretting letting a mini pandora go, but I think it'll be easier to find since it's not discontinued.

I fell in love with the small green croc stamp Antigona when it came on MyTheresa, decided I couldn't splurge, and it sold out so fast. I tried to fill the void by buying the green croc stamp medium pouch, but once it arrived I realised it was the most impractical thing for me ever, so I returned it. :sad: Could never let go of the thought of the Antigona and kept idly looking online for it everywhere. Months later I stumbled upon one at FarFetch... and the rest is history! :biggrin:

Too recent, too painful :crybaby:
I'm not ready to talk about it yet. It's still possible that another one will turn up...

The yellow Obsedia with chain strap is really lovely Aluxe. I hope it turns up for you again at a nice price, or one that you like even more than the yellow :yes:

Some of my biggest mistakes have been made when I was being disciplined... regrets :hrmm:

Oh you poor thing :hugs:

I want to say it gets better, but it doesn't. Maybe talking about it here will ease the pain and you'd put it out into the universe that you want the one that evaded you.

Who knows, that could somehow bring it to you.

Being disciplined is a :censor: but sometimes it is necessary. I can't tell you how many bags I have missed out on this year just trying to be disciplined! I could have bought another Chanel Take Away bag for dirt cheap, but I was being disciplined and well, I regret it. Right now I am waiting for the perfect Celine phantom. I've missed out on several and a lovely tPFer has been so patient with me in helping me track my Phantom down, but I continue to bow at the shrine of discipline.:cray:

We'll see for how much longer....

Oh I've learned my lesson with that now. I let the same Givenchy Obsedia go not once, but TWICE, before finally getting that bag in my arms after a year on the third opportunity. I was filled with regret that whole year but my prayers were answered.

I am at the moment regretting letting a mini pandora go, but I think it'll be easier to find since it's not discontinued.

Ah, yes, I believe I read about your journey with that bag during your reveal.

Congrats on getting the one that got away :biggrin:

I hope you find the perfect mini panda for you. I'm sure it is right around the corner. Which color/leather combo are you looking for?

It was the pandora that caused me to miss out on the Obsedia :pout: I bought a mini, but it didn't work for me so I sold it. Then I bought a medium in pepe leather that was breathtaking, but it just didn't work for me, so I sold that one too. I was so focused on finding the right panda, that I let the perfect Obsedia get away :cry:

Ah, but I've learned my lesson, and like you, if that bag crosses my path again, I will snatch it up sooo quick!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I fell in love with the small green croc stamp Antigona when it came on MyTheresa, decided I couldn't splurge, and it sold out so fast. I tried to fill the void by buying the green croc stamp medium pouch, but once it arrived I realised it was the most impractical thing for me ever, so I returned it. :sad: Could never let go of the thought of the Antigona and kept idly looking online for it everywhere. Months later I stumbled upon one at FarFetch... and the rest is history! :biggrin:

Oh, you lucky duck, you! Congrats!

No replacement ever truly fills the emptiness created by the absence of what it is you really want, right?

Hmm, think I should probably spend more time looking on farfetch for that Obsedia or one that's similar :thinking:

If I could find it in the exact color, I would lose my mind!

Well, congrats again and your story only encourages me (and hopefully others) to not give up hope inn finding the one that got away.

Oh, you lucky duck, you! Congrats!

No replacement ever truly fills the emptiness created by the absence of what it is you really want, right?

Hmm, think I should probably spend more time looking on farfetch for that Obsedia or one that's similar :thinking:

If I could find it in the exact color, I would lose my mind!

Well, congrats again and your story only encourages me (and hopefully others) to not give up hope inn finding the one that got away.
If it's meant to be, you'll definitely find it eventually. :heart: Good luck with your search!

I love your icon BTW. :tup:

Ah, yes, I believe I read about your journey with that bag during your reveal.

Congrats on getting the one that got away :biggrin:

I hope you find the perfect mini panda for you. I'm sure it is right around the corner. Which color/leather combo are you looking for?

It was the pandora that caused me to miss out on the Obsedia :pout: I bought a mini, but it didn't work for me so I sold it. Then I bought a medium in pepe leather that was breathtaking, but it just didn't work for me, so I sold that one too. I was so focused on finding the right panda, that I let the perfect Obsedia get away :cry:

Ah, but I've learned my lesson, and like you, if that bag crosses my path again, I will snatch it up sooo quick!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I'm hoping to find either a mini panda in black goatskin with silver hardware (if ever one does exist) or black pepe leather with gold hardware (the one I let go away). Gosh now I'm filled with regret again! :cry:

Yes grab it while you can, or have it on reserve. Are you allowed to have your bags reserved? At my local Givenchy, we can have it held for several days, and have it extended also.

I'm hoping to find either a mini panda in black goatskin with silver hardware (if ever one does exist) or black pepe leather with gold hardware (the one I let go away). Gosh now I'm filled with regret again! :cry:

Yes grab it while you can, or have it on reserve. Are you allowed to have your bags reserved? At my local Givenchy, we can have it held for several days, and have it extended also.

Oh dear, I have seen the mini panda in black goatskin and pepe alot.
I have one goatskin.
Are you looking for a deal on one or are you willing to pay retail for it?
I know Barneys NY has one if not both.

Oh dear, I have seen the mini panda in black goatskin and pepe alot.
I have one goatskin.
Are you looking for a deal on one or are you willing to pay retail for it?
I know Barneys NY has one if not both.

Oh I had no idea they had the mini panda in black goatskin and silver hardware! I'm actually on a bag ban but I guess if it's a good deal, I may take the plunge. Let me go check Barneys online. Appreciate the heads up!

ooh, I like how simple and under the radar that bag is.

I hope you find it again! What is it called, maybe the rest of us can keep an eye out for you. You may still find it in time for June *fingers crossed* Sort of looks like some version of the Tinhan.

Thank you Aluxe, it is the Nightingale Messenger for men. They have it in brown and canvas now, last season they had it in olive. I am hoping that it is a man staple and come back next season.
People have buyer's remorse, but have tend to have "un-buy remorse" :P
Good for the pocket but bad for our emotion lol