The Givenchy bag that got away... Tell your tale!

Hi everyone, I've been lurking and stalking around this forum for a longgg time, but have finally gotten down to registering an account.. And here's my first post!

About the G bag that got away.. I've been hunting for the medium nightingale in black goatskin for months, and recently saw one which wasn't OOS on FarFetch 2 days ago. I was so close to purchasing after reading mostly positive reviews about FF here. When I was about to add the 'gale to my bag, the option became empty, followed by showing that it's been sold out. What aches my heart more is that they were having free international shipping. :cry:

Now I'm back to square one all over again.

Hi everyone, I've been lurking and stalking around this forum for a longgg time, but have finally gotten down to registering an account.. And here's my first post!

About the G bag that got away.. I've been hunting for the medium nightingale in black goatskin for months, and recently saw one which wasn't OOS on FarFetch 2 days ago. I was so close to purchasing after reading mostly positive reviews about FF here. When I was about to add the 'gale to my bag, the option became empty, followed by showing that it's been sold out. What aches my heart more is that they were having free international shipping. :cry:

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here. And aww, what a heartbreaking story!! I hope you find your bag somewhere else soon. :hugs:

Hope you could see it pop up somewhere soon

Welcome to tPF and to the Givenchy forum!!!!

Here's hoping that the one that got away falls into your arms soon :hugs:

Oh you poor thing :hugs:

I want to say it gets better, but it doesn't. Maybe talking about it here will ease the pain and you'd put it out into the universe that you want the one that evaded you.

Who knows, that could somehow bring it to you.

Being disciplined is a :censor: but sometimes it is necessary. I can't tell you how many bags I have missed out on this year just trying to be disciplined! I could have bought another Chanel Take Away bag for dirt cheap, but I was being disciplined and well, I regret it. Right now I am waiting for the perfect Celine phantom. I've missed out on several and a lovely tPFer has been so patient with me in helping me track my Phantom down, but I continue to bow at the shrine of discipline.:cray:

We'll see for how much longer....

Thanks sweetie :smile:
I'm feeling a bit brighter today... I may have a lead on another one :sweat drop:
I'll share when I know more.
This particular bag may only be an infatuation anyway but these days I err on the side of caution and buy, then return if it doesn't work out. Otherwise I get all obsessive :cray: about the one that got away :biggrin:
(So I don't know which shrine I bow down at but it's not discipline!)

Oodles of good luck with finding your perfect Phantom - such a cool looking bag. Celine and Givenchy bags are my favourite arm candy.

I fell in love with the small green croc stamp Antigona when it came on MyTheresa, decided I couldn't splurge, and it sold out so fast. I tried to fill the void by buying the green croc stamp medium pouch, but once it arrived I realised it was the most impractical thing for me ever, so I returned it. :sad: Could never let go of the thought of the Antigona and kept idly looking online for it everywhere. Months later I stumbled upon one at FarFetch... and the rest is history! :biggrin:

:tup: great history of lost and found. Rare & gorgeous bag too!

Oh no that sucks :hugs:
I hope your story has a happy ending - fingers crossed for you!

Thanks sweetie :smile:
I'm feeling a bit brighter today... I may have a lead on another one :sweat drop:
I'll share when I know more.
This particular bag may only be an infatuation anyway but these days I err on the side of caution and buy, then return if it doesn't work out. Otherwise I get all obsessive :cray: about the one that got away :biggrin:
(So I don't know which shrine I bow down at but it's not discipline!)

Oodles of good luck with finding your perfect Phantom - such a cool looking bag. Celine and Givenchy bags are my favourite arm candy.

lol!!!! I hope your lead pans out. Let us know.

Let me tell you how bad I felt when I saw this post.. The second I read it, I thought that I might have been the one to buy the Nightingale from you.. I had just purchased the medium in black goatskin on Tuesday and just got it today. I'm sorry if I was the one that made it sold out!

I will be sure to let you know if I ever see another one.. I'm sure you'll find it soon :smile:

Let me tell you how bad I felt when I saw this post.. The second I read it, I thought that I might have been the one to buy the Nightingale from you.. I had just purchased the medium in black goatskin on Tuesday and just got it today. I'm sorry if I was the one that made it sold out!

I will be sure to let you know if I ever see another one.. I'm sure you'll find it soon :smile:

Oh hi there! It's heartwarming to know that another fellow TPFer was actually the one who purchased the lovely 'gale! And no, please don't feel bad! I'm glad that she's gone to another fellow bag fanatic. You must have been on the search for a 'gale in this combo for pretty long too I guess.

Please do a reveal and mod shots if you will! Would lurveee to see them. ^-^

Hey you! Did you ever receive the bag? I hope it looks gorge!

Pics please...

Hello and welcome!

You're heart does fall when you see this happen. I have had this happen and couldn't believe my eyes.

Is this the bag you have been seeking? Erica does ship internationally but you will have to inquire about specifics/costs.

http://hgbagsonline.com/cart/givenchy-black-grained-goatskin-medium-nightingale-p-3607.html