The ❤Gabrielle❤ Bag: It's a HIT!!

I succumbed to Chanel Gabrielle again. I brought home with me the Clutch with Chain in Noir. This piece is rather small like a wallet on chain because it has card slots. I love the open compartment in the middle for your phone. So lovely and elegant. Here is a pic:

I love this! It's so practical especially if it fits phones. Can I ask if it fits the Samsung Note 8?

I figure the compartment in the center is for phones since that is the use I give it. [emoji6] But it could be used for small easy access items.
The length of the mid compartment is approximately 6.5 inches or around 16.5 centimeters.
Another detail I noticed when measuring this bag is there is one clasp on each side making the chain removable! This is so awesome.
I love the chains when worn in V as they look like necklaces...making this small bag a functional necklace. This is what made me pull the trigger for this bag. I try to wear little to no jewelry after a car accident where my own jewelry got incrusted in my skin. [emoji854]
Thank you for your comment. Cheers [emoji482]

I figure the compartment in the center is for phones since that is the use I give it. [emoji6] But it could be used for small easy access items.
The length of the mid compartment is approximately 6.5 inches or around 16.5 centimeters.
Another detail I noticed when measuring this bag is there is one clasp on each side making the chain removable! This is so awesome.
I love the chains when worn in V as they look like necklaces...making this small bag a functional necklace. This is what made me pull the trigger for this bag. I try to wear little to no jewelry after a car accident where my own jewelry got incrusted in my skin. [emoji854]
Thank you for your comment. Cheers [emoji482]
Thanks for replying. If it's 16.5cm opening then it's a bit small for my Samsung note 8[emoji29] . But it looks gorgeous.
So sorry to hear about your previous accident...Must be awful! But good thing Chanel Karl Lagerfeld designed this bag for people like us who don't wear too much jewellery, an option to accessorize ourselves....haha.
Enjoy your beautiful bag [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173]

Reactions: jess38 and BUIGOVA
I am looking hard at this bag but it is a small and I am 5ft 9. What do you ladies think? Will it look mini on me? I have not seen a small Gabrielle before...

Attachments

• Gabrielle.jpg
    Gabrielle.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 1,729
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 10.29.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 10.29.06 PM.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 1,721
Reactions: JazzyMac
I am looking hard at this bag but it is a small and I am 5ft 9. What do you ladies think? Will it look mini on me? I have not seen a small Gabrielle before...

I think on a tall individual with a thin figure, such as the model in the photo, it would look good. For a less petite person, I think it’s a bit too small. I am 5’7” with a curvy frame and found it a tad too small for me, but love the Chanel classic mini flap on my frame.

Reactions: Mei90
I think on a tall individual with a thin figure, such as the model in the photo, it would look good. For a less petite person, I think it’s a bit too small. I am 5’7” with a curvy frame and found it a tad too small for me, but love the Chanel classic mini flap on my frame.

Uh oh. The mini is too small on me for sure! Appearance wise. Looks like a toy doll bag on me. LOL.

View attachment 3907563

I'm loving this bag more and more! It's now my everyday bag and when I change out of this bag to rotate to other bags, I actually miss it the whole day!
I was one of those who didn't like this bag at first but now I'm a convert for sure.
View attachment 3907565

I am having the same problem:smile:...I have to force myself to use my other bags, since I want to carry Gaby all the time. Now I have two of them, one in black one in nude and I already feel that I will have the same problem in the spring with the one in nude:smile:. I also did not like it at the beginning and now I am hoping to get the third one next year:smile:

Reactions: raspberrypink
I am having the same problem:smile:...I have to force myself to use my other bags, since I want to carry Gaby all the time. Now I have two of them, one in black one in nude and I already feel that I will have the same problem in the spring with the one in nude:smile:. I also did not like it at the beginning and now I am hoping to get the third one next year:smile:
Wow that's 2 amazing colours you have! I lusted after the nude but I'm always paranoid about colour transfer or it getting dirty with use. How is yours holding up? I find the nude colour the most photogenic and always catches my eye in pictures.
Enjoy your gorgeous bags and have a great holiday season!

View attachment 3884328

The Gabrielle is currently my favorite bag. It’s even beating the Hermes B, K and Evelyn since it is so hands free and holds just as much (in size large). The weight of the bag can also be evenly distributed over the shoulders to allow for a more comfortable carry.

I am also really starting to appreciate cloth lined bags as opposed to leather. I couldn’t be happier with this model from Chanel. They really hit a home run for me. And to think I wasn’t crazy in love when I first saw it. I must say, this is a bag that grows on you. The bag is also no where near as delicate as I thought it would be. The hard base is pretty sturdy and the leather isn’t easy to scratch.

Hope everyone loves their gabby as much as I do. I haven’t been this thrilled with a bag since...ever.

So happy to read your words, I could not agree more:smile: I was also afraid that the base would be delicate, but was wrong on this one! Not a single scratch though I used it a lot.
Wow that's 2 amazing colours you have! I lusted after the nude but I'm always paranoid about colour transfer or it getting dirty with use. How is yours holding up? I find the nude colour the most photogenic and always catches my eye in pictures.
Enjoy your gorgeous bags and have a great holiday season!

Thank you very much:smile:. I find the nude color beautiful, but I have not used it yet and probably will not till the spring. I will try to be as careful as possible, but you are right about the color transfer and the fact that all light coloured bags get dirty easily. Will let you know next year:smile:

Reactions: raspberrypink
So happy to read your words, I could not agree more[emoji2] I was also afraid that the base would be delicate, but was wrong on this one! Not a single scratch though I used it a lot.

Thank you very much:smile:. I find the nude color beautiful, but I have not used it yet and probably will not till the spring. I will try to be as careful as possible, but you are right about the color transfer and the fact that all light coloured bags get dirty easily. Will let you know next year:smile:
Can't wait to see your mod shots then! Though I admire your patience and perseverance for holding onto a beautiful bag and resisting the temptation to use it haha. Do use it soon and let us share in its beauty! [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173]