The ❤Gabrielle❤ Bag: It's a HIT!!

After a long hiatus from Chanel, I became obsessed with the Gabrielle and managed to get my hands on one in new medium
thanks for letting me share

View attachment 5153449

Hi! I’m planning on getting one too. Initially, I wanted a small but my SA only has a medium. I know there’s three sizes for this bag, but She called it “new medium” so I was just wondering if you or anyone can tell me if there’s an old medium or something? Or is this just what the medium is called. Thanks

Hi! I’m planning on getting one too. Initially, I wanted a small but my SA only has a medium. I know there’s three sizes for this bag, but She called it “new medium” so I was just wondering if you or anyone can tell me if there’s an old medium or something? Or is this just what the medium is called. Thanks

I know upon release there was small, medium, and large sizes for the Gabrielle Hobo. The jump in size between small and medium was quite substantial from what I've read and pictures I've seen along with comparisons I saw on YT. In recent years, Chanel released the new medium size, a size that falls in between the small and medium sizes that were initially released. So now there's: small, new medium, and old medium. I think the large is now discontinued and the old medium size is now the biggest available to buy from the boutique (pls correct me if I'm wrong). Hope this helps!

I know upon release there was small, medium, and large sizes for the Gabrielle Hobo. The jump in size between small and medium was quite substantial from what I've read and pictures I've seen along with comparisons I saw on YT. In recent years, Chanel released the new medium size, a size that falls in between the small and medium sizes that were initially released. So now there's: small, new medium, and old medium. I think the large is now discontinued and the old medium size is now the biggest available to buy from the boutique (pls correct me if I'm wrong). Hope this helps!
Thank you! After your explanation, what I read online made more sense!! Wish I can see both sizes in person to decide which one I want before calling different boutiques. Hehe. Thanks again!

Hi everyone! First time posting in this area, so feel free to move this if it's better suited elsewhere. I just got a Gabrielle Clutch on Chain in beige/black ('18 Cruise) in excellent condition from Fashionphile (Image 1). I received it today and everything checks out except I was shocked by the leather quality on the chain strap. The leather on my strap seems to be glazed on the top and the bottom but the sides of the leather have been left "raw" or unfinished (Image 2). The bag is in great shape but I noticed that close to the edges of the links it looks like the glazing is already starting to peel (Image 3). Is this normal for this bag? I am not that familiar with the quality of the more recent Chanel releases.

Chanel_Image_1.JPG

Chanel_Image_2.JPG

Chanel_Image_3.JPG

Hi everyone! First time posting in this area, so feel free to move this if it's better suited elsewhere. I just got a Gabrielle Clutch on Chain in beige/black ('18 Cruise) in excellent condition from Fashionphile (Image 1). I received it today and everything checks out except I was shocked by the leather quality on the chain strap. The leather on my strap seems to be glazed on the top and the bottom but the sides of the leather have been left "raw" or unfinished (Image 2). The bag is in great shape but I noticed that close to the edges of the links it looks like the glazing is already starting to peel (Image 3). Is this normal for this bag? I am not that familiar with the quality of the more recent Chanel releases.

View attachment 5200308

View attachment 5200309

View attachment 5200310
I don't own this clutch but this raw edged finish on the strap is unfortunately 'normal'. It's on classic flaps and minis as well. Seems inconsistent though, or maybe depends on size of bag. I've noticed it on classic med flaps and minis, but I've seen caviar jumbos with fully glazed straps

Reactions: Mathematics
I don't own this clutch but this raw edged finish on the strap is unfortunately 'normal'. It's on classic flaps and minis as well. Seems inconsistent though, or maybe depends on size of bag. I've noticed it on classic med flaps and minis, but I've seen caviar jumbos with fully glazed straps
Got it, thank you! It’s unfortunate since I feel like it cheapens the overall look of the bag