The Final Days Of My Cb Pap =(

omg! that is the most tragic lv bag story i've ever heard. i'm so sorry that happened to you. this makes me rethink carrying any of my bags to the hair salon. i hope that the insurance is able to cover the loss. if not, i would make the hairstylist pay for it herself.

Over their limit, then sue the salon to replace your bag and all costs involved. Its people like that just dont care. It almost seems as though they dont give a A$$. Sad, more so for you because your bag is ruined:crybaby: I hope that in the end it all works out and you get at the very least what you paid for you bag, its something but they should replace it, regardless of the cost, that isnt your fault.
Also if someone is backing up and into you, its their fault, good luck with that.

hi everyone...

awww... thank you all for the condolensces(sorry cant even spell!)... I couldnt sleep last night! and couldnt even reply any posts on any threads... I think coming onto this forum will make it even harder coz everyones talking about LVs & I'll just keep thinking about it! but then again, it's the only place where I can find a bit of comfort & happiness coz at least I can talk about it! ABSOLUTELY NO ONE can understand how mad I am here, not even my friends! I feel like flying bk to Hk & rob my sister of her pap!

for those of you who asked... my gorgeous lil pap is... sorry, WAS the red/cream combo :crybaby: !!! someone PLEASE tell me that this bag in this color is NOT beautiful & that it's NOT hard to find & that it HASNT risen in value!

this has NOT been a very good year for me so far... my car was backed into & dented badly by an elderly lady driving her Mercs coz she didnt look in her rear mirror... & she says it's my fault as well! :cursing: ... I was like :wtf: ? for being on the road???!!! so I'm going to the disputes court in March already... so the salon BETTER BLOODY pay up coz I dont wana have to go to the disputes court again!

anyways, I went to the salon again today... and slammed the LV receipt in front of them! told them it's LE etc etc... they just stared at me like :wtf: ... then had this really suspicious look on their face! they asked me... "why would you pay THIS much for a bag?"!!!! I was like "how much I pay for my bags is MY business! the fact that one of your employees ruined my bag is now YOUR business!" people here dont know the beauty or appreciate LVs... I told them to ring either AKL LV or HK LV to confirm my details and that me & my family are frequent clients of a certain SA in both stores. I dont mean to sound arrogant or anything but it's the truth...

they took the receipt & said "I'll hand it over to our insurance company & will get back to you by Friday"... so I asked whether they needed a print out of what current prices are for the Pap, they said NO NEED! coz they not sure if they can cover such an amount!!! I bought it at RRP in NZ $1,800... even if I were to get it now on Ebay or other reseller it would cost me around NZ$2600!!! they said they pretty sure that its over their policy limit???!!!

honestly even if they are giving me my money, I'm NEVER going back to them!!! they're one of the top salons in my city & alot of my friends here go to them... I cannot believe they are soooo unreasonable! I'm soooo mad! actually I dont know if there is a word that can describe how I feel right now!

thanks again for all your comfort & mourning for my poor lil pap... will keep everyone posted

Oh dear....

I am so sorry that this had to happen to you. I would really press them for compensation - even with full compensation, it doesn't compensate for the heartache, stress and trauma. I would make the salon personally pay for bag, if their insurance cannot cover it!

I am so sorry for what happened. Hugs. Please update us.

oh, i'm so sorry. i had a feeling it was the red. there are a few gorgeous ones on ebay. i would tell you it's ugly and how they've depreciated in value, but i might get struck by lightening. or a little army of handbags might immerge from my closet and attack me, lol! oh, i really hope it works out for you. don't let people at the salon get you down, or make you feel bad. people just don't get it! some people have doll collections, jewelry, shoes, etc. those things are their passion, bags are ours.

but then again, it's the only place where I can find a bit of comfort & happiness coz at least I can talk about it! ABSOLUTELY NO ONE can understand how mad I am here, not even my friends! I feel like flying bk to Hk & rob my sister of her pap!

anyways, I went to the salon again today... and slammed the LV receipt in front of them! told them it's LE etc etc... they just stared at me like :wtf: ... then had this really suspicious look on their face! they asked me... "why would you pay THIS much for a bag?"!!!! I was like "how much I pay for my bags is MY business! the fact that one of your employees ruined my bag is now YOUR business!" people here dont know the beauty or appreciate LVs... I told them to ring either AKL LV or HK LV to confirm my details and that me & my family are frequent clients of a certain SA in both stores. I dont mean to sound arrogant or anything but it's the truth...

thanks again for all your comfort & mourning for my poor lil pap... will keep everyone posted

Hi, I'm so sorry you have to go through this:crybaby: I can't believe that none of your friends or family understand what a big deal it is? Don't any of them have expensive bags? Wouldn't they be just as mad if their bags were ruined??
And it was so rude of the lady at the salon to say "Would you pay THIS much for a bag?" You know- if they had ruined say, your pearl necklace, or your diamond earrings, of COURSE they would understand the value of that and wouldn't say "You spent THAT much on diamonds?" :cursing: Glad that we can be here to commiserate and feel free to keep venting. :smile:

P.S. when I was at a salon in Pittsburgh getting some fresh foils done, the hairdresser splached some dye on my pink coach bag...which doesn't even compare to an LV, but it was definitely her fault. My bag was under the counter in front of us (where she told me to put it). I didn't make a big deal out of it b/c I was getting sick of that bag anyway..but seriously. People should be A LOT more careful!!

I really hope you get what you deserve out of this whole thing and I hope that you LV family will be whole once again.