The FABULOUS ALMA Club!!!

I purchased today my first Alma PM épi after years of postponing. I had noticed they weren't sold online anymore and feared they might disappear from shops too.
In the 2 shops I went in Paris, the SA's answers made me laugh in silence: "Do you want the big Alma, not the BB ? But it's reaaaaally big, you know. We are stopping selling it for it is much too big". First, I remember some pictures of enormous Almas a few years ago (in Miroir, for example), and second... I like wearing a single handbag and carry a paperback without needing a tote, thank you. I also had to refuse several times the hot stamp. View attachment 4675017
To make this long story short, I am know the happy owner of a new bag, and if you want one... Just be quick !
Hi to you all !
Today I eventually brought back my épi Alma to the store. Actually after having been happy for a few days, I lost all my enthusiasm and didn't even feel like taking it out when the day would come. I guess it looks small regarding my morphology. I also compared it to a 10-year-old épi Speedy and a Passy, and... the leather looks thinner, the bag is very light... The price has got much heavier ^^ The store manager didn't really appreciate when I told her my feelings. Have you noticed such a difference, or is it my imagination ?
In any case I'm disappointed to be disappointed :sad:

Hi everyone, first time poster here
Is it worth buying the separate Ebene strap for a DE Alma PM or can I use the strap from a speedy B also in DE? What are the pros of buying the extra adjustable strap?
The pros:1. being matchy-matchy
2. adjustable

Alternative: LV straps offered separately that could elevate your bag and other bags, and more comfort depending on what you get.

Hi to you all !
Today I eventually brought back my épi Alma to the store. Actually after having been happy for a few days, I lost all my enthusiasm and didn't even feel like taking it out when the day would come. I guess it looks small regarding my morphology. I also compared it to a 10-year-old épi Speedy and a Passy, and... the leather looks thinner, the bag is very light... The price has got much heavier ^^ The store manager didn't really appreciate when I told her my feelings. Have you noticed such a difference, or is it my imagination ?
In any case I'm disappointed to be disappointed :sad:
Lv has changed their material throughout the years. I think the quality has declined a lot. If you don't like the material, then maybe your gut is trying to tell you something?

Lv has changed their material throughout the years. I think the quality has declined a lot. If you don't like the material, then maybe your gut is trying to tell you something?
Yes, I listened to my guts and brought it back to the boutique. I learned to follow my intuition in the past years, and don't want to spoil 1550 € ! By the way I didn't know LV France refunded the purchases, they didn't do that when I last purchased from the boutique (2012, a Kusama NF, quickly sold as was too flashy)
The same afternoon I went to Hermès and purchased a Lindy 30 in my dream combination (oooops, slightly more expensive).
I didn't regret the Alma for a single second.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine mama