***The EQUESTRIAN Club***

So I looked up new mare's lip tattoo. She has some unbelievable bloodlines... won 50k on the track, her sire is Chapel Royal (ran only 8 races and won nearly 500k, including a third place finish in the Breeder's Cup Juvenile), her dam never raced but is by Holy Bull (He was my favorite racehorse as a kid... I literally cried when he finished close to last in the Kentucky Derby. I think I was in third grade, LOL).

I couldn't believe it when I saw that I now own a horse that has Holy Bull directly on her papers. Dream come true. Horse racing was a huge part of my childhood, other kids loved the Super Bowl, and I just wanted to watch all the big races on TV.

I contacted her breeder/trainer via Facebook hoping to get some more info from him, so I'll keep all of you posted :smile:

Here's her daddy and grandpa, horsey eye candy!

Attachments

• chapelroyal.jpg
    chapelroyal.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 1111 Holy Bull.jpg
    1111 Holy Bull.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Really upset, We lost William to colic this weekend. He was 23 and really one in a million. He is going to be completely irreplaceable.

Able who has never been on his own is proving to be amazing. He watched all that happened on saturday, i gave them a chance to say goodbye to each other and since, he has been turned out on his own, stabled on his own and he is coping like the champ that he is. He doesnt seem to be upset which is a miracle. Im making sure to spend lots of extra time with him giving him company and tickles so he doesnt to lonely.

Now we have me impossible task of finding another suitable horse for my mum to ride, She has had William 20 years and i can only think of 1 other horse she was sat on in this time.

Prayers for my boy over the rainbow bridge and little Able he left behind x

I am sorry for your loss, sally.m. Our gelding Atticus was the opposite when he lost his pasture mate, terribly lonely and anxious, it was lucky I knew someone who knew someone who had a free-to-a-good-home mare. His joy and excitement when we brought her here was a thing of beauty.

Really upset, We lost William to colic this weekend. He was 23 and really one in a million. He is going to be completely irreplaceable.

Able who has never been on his own is proving to be amazing. He watched all that happened on saturday, i gave them a chance to say goodbye to each other and since, he has been turned out on his own, stabled on his own and he is coping like the champ that he is. He doesnt seem to be upset which is a miracle. Im making sure to spend lots of extra time with him giving him company and tickles so he doesnt to lonely.

Now we have me impossible task of finding another suitable horse for my mum to ride, She has had William 20 years and i can only think of 1 other horse she was sat on in this time.

Prayers for my boy over the rainbow bridge and little Able he left behind x

I'm so sorry for your loss...

I am sorry for your loss, sally.m. Our gelding Atticus was the opposite when he lost his pasture mate, terribly lonely and anxious, it was lucky I knew someone who knew someone who had a free-to-a-good-home mare. His joy and excitement when we brought her here was a thing of beauty.

Oh no, I missed that you lost your other horse...I'm so sorry. How sweet that Atticus accepted the new mare so freely.

Can I rant here? Cause I'm going to. I'm pretty sure everyone here looks at horses like I do... they are equal to me. When I ride, and my horse is hot and sweaty, I take it's saddle off before I take my helmet/half chaps off even though I'm probably sweaty too. It's respect.

Same for training, I don't ask horses to do what they are bound to fail at. I train slow and steady and make sure any horse I train has a rock solid foundation. What comes out of that is a horse that'll go anywhere the rider asks because it trusts that the rider isn't going to ask it do something it can't do.

There's one person at my barn (a relatively inexperienced rider in our discipline, she grew up riding saddleseat and took a break from riding for about 10 years) that's all about jump! jump! jump higher! that keeps telling me "you're going to jump new mare? You should jump her!" when she can't even keep herself balanced for more than 3 canter laps around the arena yet. I told her that we have a few months of solid flatwork ahead of us, and I wanted to put her on barrel race training anyway, and her response was "oh, well that sucks. but you're going to jump her too right? you don't need to do flatwork for that long! just start working her over jumps at the trot"

:noggin:

BTW - I think she's going to rock it out at barrel racing. I started walking her around the pattern Saturday, and letting her find the pocket around them, and Sunday night I went to walk one barrel during our cool down and she finished the pattern completely on her own, with perfect pocket turns around each barrel. I was a proud mom!