The East West Bayswater: A Newbie's Review

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
I have long admired Mulberry bags but I am unable to see them in person (living in Texas). In particular, I felt the East West bayswater would be a great choice for me, but I would have to probably take a risk buying one on the Bay. There aren't many available for sale but I got lucky and found a gorgeous new choco one.

I adore this bag!

It is extremely easy to carry and is deceptively spacious. I can't believe how much I can carry. This particular size is the perfect everyday bag-- roomy but not large and comfortable on the shoulder(I am very picky about comfort). This style seems to go with everything and can be dressed up or down with no issue. I really feel that it goes with everything I wear.

I wonder why it isn't more popular? It's fantastic!

Can anyone tell me if this style is one that will remain available for a while? I really hope so. I saw a graphite one for sale awhile back and am kicking myself now for not buying it.

I will choose one bag to purchase later this year. Only one for the whole year. For awhile I thought it would be a black e/w Mitzy but now, after using this bag for awhile, I think it will be another East West Bayswater.

Thank you for helping me find the right Mulberry!

Yay, what a fabulous purchase! ..and so pleased that you love her so much! I've no idea why she's not more popular, I shall definitely be having another look when I get the chance:graucho:

I have it in Indigo buffalo leather and absolutely love it. Mulberry do seem to have stopped doing this gorgeous style in different colours now (unless it's as an outlet special) and just stick to Choc, Black and Oak. I wonder if like the Ledbury this style is going to be discontinued very soon.

Riffraff-- if I hear this style is going to be discontinued, I may have to buy my birthday present early to make sure I don't miss it. I hope it stays in the lineup...

I think it's a great handbag too. I bought one for my mum and loved it myself. The size is great and the straps are comfortable on the shoulder. I would love to see Mulberry revamp the E/W and give us some new leathers. That blue sounds lovely Riffraff.

I am a big fan of this style too- all the elegance of a larger bays but so much easier to use as it goes on the shoulder and stays on- I have all three classic colours in the printed leather and a NVT oak but would love to find some in other colours too- congrats on a great purchase glad you find she suits you so well- and I so wish we could swop and I could live in Texas!!! Id be on a flight to Memphis every weekend- forget bags!!

Out of curiosity, I called the Mulberry store in NYC and the SA told me that the East West Bays is part of the permanent collection so I can wait til the end of the year to purchase it. I didn't want to feel like I had to rush to buy something-- I want to enjoy what I have this year-- so that was good news. I have a year to decide between oak and black!

He also said the Ledbury isn't discontinued. It is being updated and the new version-- with a shoulder strap-- will be available around March 2011.

Elvis--- come to Texas! I'll take you out for great BBQ and live music!

Out of curiosity, I called the Mulberry store in NYC and the SA told me that the East West Bays is part of the permanent collection so I can wait til the end of the year to purchase it. I didn't want to feel like I had to rush to buy something-- I want to enjoy what I have this year-- so that was good news. I have a year to decide between oak and black!

He also said the Ledbury isn't discontinued. It is being updated and the new version-- with a shoulder strap-- will be available around March 2011.

Elvis--- come to Texas! I'll take you out for great BBQ and live music!

I would be there in a heartbeat if I could!! I love bbq!!! oh I am drooling now- I always go to Memphis in May for the world bbq competition!!

Thanks for great review & I'm glad you love e/w Bays. I also discovered e/w recently (have been only Bays girl), it is lovely size!! :tup:

Great news re. "He also said the Ledbury isn't discontinued. It is being updated and the new version-- with a shoulder strap-- will be available around March 2011. " Can't wait to see this....

It's great to hear that you love your E/W Bays! I got a black one for my mother and I know she'll love it - if it ever arrives in the US, that is. Seems to have gotten lost in the Christmas post. Eek!