The Different Mulberry Leathers: A Guide

Hi millie_moo, when the medium lily was first introduced it came in a grainy print leather. Over the years they've introduced other leathers. They're both lovely leathers but glossy goat is more stiffer and holds it shape better. On NPN, she explains about the different qualities of leathers. Hope this helps

Thank you Ria, that helps a lot! It sounds better actually if it holds it shape more, I want it to last so anything that helps with that is a plus in my book! I gather the new Alexas are the same :tup:

New type of mulberry leather--
Small Classic Grain
A soft cow leather with a small printed grain effect. The leather is lightly finished to protect the grain surface.
Swatch: http://www.mulberry.com/mulberrymedia/renderer/images/8809316188190/PRODUCT/SMALL/S3/2000Wx2000H_HH2956_205U104_swatch.jpg.jpg
Detail on bag: http://www.mulberry.com/mulberrymedia/renderer/images/8809315926046/PRODUCT/MEDIUM/S3/2000Wx2000H_HH2956_205U104_detail1.jpg.jpg
(Source: m.com)

Have owned regular alice zipped tote & tree continental wallet, with this leather, for couple months.
Wearing much better than expected, daily use. Have applied collonil leather gel & waterstop spray.
Softer to touch, less structured than my nvt bags, more resistant to scuffs than my glossy goat items.
Collapses slightly against objects contacted, preventing scratches--uniform bumpy texture helps, also.
Less color depth, matte appearance.
Different leather scent than nvt bags with suede linings--& lighter weight.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Monsti
Anyone know how resilient large grainy nappa leather is? I have just received an SBS and the leather feels quite soft but thin compared to say NVT. I am worried that I will have to baby it. It looks and feels gorgeous though.

Does anyone now how the Soft grain compares to the Grainy calf? I loved the ballet pink in soft grain but I did get the impression it would be very delicate nut TDF. Is the grainy calf quite resilient ?

Does anyone now how the Soft grain compares to the Grainy calf? I loved the ballet pink in soft grain but I did get the impression it would be very delicate nut TDF. Is the grainy calf quite resilient ?
Yes the grainy calf is resilient - more so than the soft grain, which will soften up much faster. If you prefer the slouchy look though the soft grain is the better option. Neither really need babying. If you're buying in a very pale colour just the usual precautions over colour transfer. :tup:

Yes the grainy calf is resilient - more so than the soft grain, which will soften up much faster. If you prefer the slouchy look though the soft grain is the better option. Neither really need babying. If you're buying in a very pale colour just the usual precautions over colour transfer. :tup:

Thanks Mo, good to know. I think I'd definitely prefer the Lily looking more structure. I so nearly bought the BP from the Outlet yesterday but the new microfibre lining put me off. That colour really keeps calling to me, if only I'd bought it last year :P I will be on the hunt for one with a suede lining now :biggrin:

Hi lovely ladies! I really need your advice on metallic goat leather. i've been searching on the whole thread and couldnt find anything related to metallic goat leather.

I'm eyeing on the metallic goat lily bag for a long time. but im so concerned about the durability of such delicate leather. From m.com, it says "This delicate goatskin is dyed and a metallic foil is applied to create a luxe metallic finish. ....Over time the foil will burnish and wear...."

Does anyone have idea how the metallic goat leather ages over time? Will the metallic foil peel off from the bag? :hrmm: dont want my bag looks so worn for just months of use...

Hi lovely ladies! I really need your advice on metallic goat leather. i've been searching on the whole thread and couldnt find anything related to metallic goat leather.

I'm eyeing on the metallic goat lily bag for a long time. but im so concerned about the durability of such delicate leather. From m.com, it says "This delicate goatskin is dyed and a metallic foil is applied to create a luxe metallic finish. ....Over time the foil will burnish and wear...."

Does anyone have idea how the metallic goat leather ages over time? Will the metallic foil peel off from the bag? :hrmm: dont want my bag looks so worn for just months of use...

Discussed here-- http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/metallic-mushroom-owners-durability-wear-etc-889872.html

Hi... I was always under the impression that NVT leather only came in Oak, Black, chocolate and Oxblood.

However in the Coming soon section of mulberry.com, they have Poppy in NVT.

Is this a norm for some seasonal colours? What other instances have you guys seen non-core colours in NVT

Hi... I was always under the impression that NVT leather only came in Oak, Black, chocolate and Oxblood.

However in the Coming soon section of mulberry.com, they have Poppy in NVT.

Is this a norm for some seasonal colours? What other instances have you guys seen non-core colours in NVT

I hadnt noticed this until I read this post. Lovely colour. I know that chocolate is being phased out. SA told me a week or so ago. Maybe they're bumping up the offering as this leather style is a favourite :smile:

New type of mulberry leather--
Small Classic Grain
A soft cow leather with a small printed grain effect. The leather is lightly finished to protect the grain surface.
Swatch: http://www.mulberry.com/mulberrymedia/renderer/images/8809316188190/PRODUCT/SMALL/S3/2000Wx2000H_HH2956_205U104_swatch.jpg.jpg
Detail on bag: http://www.mulberry.com/mulberrymedia/renderer/images/8809315926046/PRODUCT/MEDIUM/S3/2000Wx2000H_HH2956_205U104_detail1.jpg.jpg
(Source: m.com)

Have owned regular alice zipped tote & tree continental wallet, with this leather, for couple months.
Wearing much better than expected, daily use. Have applied collonil leather gel & waterstop spray.
Softer to touch, less structured than my nvt bags, more resistant to scuffs than my glossy goat items.
Collapses slightly against objects contacted, preventing scratches--uniform bumpy texture helps, also.
Less color depth, matte appearance.
Different leather scent than nvt bags with suede linings--& lighter weight.

Hope this helps.
UPDATE: @ 4 months of use

Small classic grain's printed texture wears to become more smooth.
No color change, but printed grain effect lessens.
See photo--where strap joins hardware & where keyring contacts leather fob.
Only areas, so far--no wear along strap surface, where contacts shoulder.

Actually, I love it. :smile: Printed grain has been almost too uniform for my tastes.
This adds "quirky" & more natural feeling to bag. :smile:

I do use both collonil leather gel & waterstop spray.

Hope helps.

Attachments

• Soft classic grain wear @ 4 months.jpg
    Soft classic grain wear @ 4 months.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 2,305
Hi All,

I would like to ask, I admire bayswater natural leather in Black but does the leather easily get scratched? And if it got scratch, will it go away overtime or the stcratch will stick there permanently?

And what about the durability, will the bag last for a long time?
Sorry if I ask too many questions, It's because I'm new to Mulberry ☺. TIA

Hi All,

I would like to ask, I admire bayswater natural leather in Black but does the leather easily get scratched? And if it got scratch, will it go away overtime or the stcratch will stick there permanently?

And what about the durability, will the bag last for a long time?
Sorry if I ask too many questions, It's because I'm new to Mulberry ☺. TIA

Yes it does scratch but not easily. It changes looks over time and I think is one of the nicest, more classic leathers you can get from Mulberry.

I've got a few peices of nvt originally called Darwin and I love them so much because they keep theyir looks but as the leather relaxes it just gets better. If you regular moisturiser your bag any scratches diminish and blend so it's good and hard wearing.

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I live it - and it smells wonderful;)

Hope that helps.

I'm bored.....

Ink silky snake - delicate not for the faint hearted

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440153789.353361.jpg

Midnight croc suede - delicate - avoid liquid, pets and small children

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440153821.118903.jpg

Black grainy print - pretty hard wearing but prone to sagging

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440153884.185453.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440153905.552732.jpg

NVT - smells lush, needs protection such as collonil gel/ waterstop spray

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440153996.902690.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154023.703254.jpg

Soft tan - does show scuffs but seem to lift right out with lord sheraton wipes and collonil leather gel

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154078.652208.jpg

Shiny grainy print - think? Pretty resilient I think except for corners if not careful

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154143.385650.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154299.702224.jpg

Soft spongey - waterproof, seen some Darias quite wrinkly after regular use and have seen some where peeling has occurred

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154206.885573.jpg

Reactions: aksaiyo