The Different Mulberry Leathers: A Guide

Darwin - heavy but had swearing personally I prefer NVT

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154680.385410.jpg

Smooth matte - delicate as shows scuffs and light finger marks and tends to look dull, but can be spruced up

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154697.785851.jpg

Pebbled - hard wearing and water proof IMO

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154797.635723.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154937.985623.jpg

Soft matte - prone to colour transfer and sags after Regular use

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154744.219357.jpg

Glossy goat - hard wearing and light, rain proof IMO

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154876.969393.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154897.468921.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154843.752808.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440154843.752808.jpg
    905 KB · Views: 1,460
Reactions: aksaiyo
Yes it does scratch but not easily. It changes looks over time and I think is one of the nicest, more classic leathers you can get from Mulberry.

I've got a few peices of nvt originally called Darwin and I love them so much because they keep theyir looks but as the leather relaxes it just gets better. If you regular moisturiser your bag any scratches diminish and blend so it's good and hard wearing.

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I live it - and it smells wonderful;)

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your input 😊

Can anyone tell me whether there is any difference in the quality of the leathers depending on where they are made ? I am particularly interested in the Darwin, so for e.g. Made in Englad, Turkey or China

Many thanks ��

I'm bored.....

Ink silky snake - delicate not for the faint hearted

View attachment 3104402

Midnight croc suede - delicate - avoid liquid, pets and small children

View attachment 3104404

Black grainy print - pretty hard wearing but prone to sagging

View attachment 3104406

View attachment 3104407

NVT - smells lush, needs protection such as collonil gel/ waterstop spray

View attachment 3104408

View attachment 3104409

Soft tan - does show scuffs but seem to lift right out with lord sheraton wipes and collonil leather gel

View attachment 3104410

Shiny grainy print - think? Pretty resilient I think except for corners if not careful

View attachment 3104412

View attachment 3104414

Soft spongey - waterproof, seen some Darias quite wrinkly after regular use and have seen some where peeling has occurred

View attachment 3104413

Hey louliu71
Thanks for all this info on the different leathers. As I can't seem to find east west in shiny grain I think I might be forced to buy the silky snake. Do you think it is an everyday bag? By everyday I mean I change my bags either once a week or twice a week depending on my moods[emoji6] what do,you think? Please

Hey louliu71
Thanks for all this info on the different leathers. As I can't seem to find east west in shiny grain I think I might be forced to buy the silky snake. Do you think it is an everyday bag? By everyday I mean I change my bags either once a week or twice a week depending on my moods[emoji6] what do,you think? Please

Hiya, have to be honest, I had a fall off the sofa that I didn't declare as I was going to see if I could return it, but got her for a silly price and so will keep for a while ....... I haven't used her yet and was sold as used once or twice. Initially I doubted it as there is some lifting of the scales particularly on the front corners. Having remembering reading a post a year it two back, I could possibly believe it as the rest of the bag is immaculate.

Personally I wouldn't use it daily as I am guessing she won't wear well.

I'd hold out for what you truly want if you can, don't get me wrong it's a lovely leather,

Hiya, have to be honest, I had a fall off the sofa that I didn't declare as I was going to see if I could return it, but got her for a silly price and so will keep for a while ....... I haven't used her yet and was sold as used once or twice. Initially I doubted it as there is some lifting of the scales particularly on the front corners. Having remembering reading a post a year it two back, I could possibly believe it as the rest of the bag is immaculate.

I'd hold out for what you truly want if you can, don't get me wrong it's a lovely leather,

Okay I think I will wait - there is a shiny grain on eBay but the price is way too high so ... [emoji16]thanks for the advice x

😉 will you let us see now....after.falling from Sofa? 😃

Can somebody tell me how lambskin Nappa holds? There is a Lily in that leather but I am a bit worried that this leather is to delicate. And easily scuffs. And that I maybe better buy a small classic grain.

Good afternoon Mulberry friends :smile:

I have a couple of little projects in mind to revive recent preloved purchases.

The first is an oak silky snake Tillie. I LOVE this bag, especially as chain straps are a real "thing" for me. However, as you'd probably guess, this has lifting to scales in the corners, showing some white underneath (although no scales have actually fallen off) and is just a bit dry all over. I've spotted coloured Colonil leather cream on eBay and this one looks about spot on as a colour match: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=220608403468&alt=web

Has anyone tried coloured Colonil before and can report results please?

The second project is a large Mabel in antiqued pebble leather. She has general marks & greasy stains all over & is pretty grubby but was a big bargain, so I'm tempted to give her the washing machine treatment! I have tried my furnitureclinic leather care products to no great effect. Any suggestions to improve her appearance - or tell me not to go down the washing machine route??? Any & all advice would be very gratefully received :smile:

Hello ladies,

I'm choosing between a lily in grainy print leather and one in glossy goat. Can anyone tell me which of the two will keep its structure the best with wear? I mean in terms of firmness/stiffness of the leather - I'd prefer a more structured look,

Thanks in advance

Hello ladies,

I'm choosing between a lily in grainy print leather and one in glossy goat. Can anyone tell me which of the two will keep its structure the best with wear? I mean in terms of firmness/stiffness of the leather - I'd prefer a more structured look,

Thanks in advance

Lucky lady!

I would say glossy goat as I've had Del Rey's in both and the grainy print has softened far more tan the glossy goat did

Reactions: arighome@yahoo.