The day I fell in Love again... (REVEAL)

NicAddict

Living a new Life
O.G.
Mar 13, 2008
I assume everyone already knows what I have been lusting after, god knows I think I posted too many posts already about it.. so...

It all started on August 4th, when Megs and Vlad posted their exclusive on the Reflet Cabat. Before this date, I was interested in what was going to be shown during the day but I had no idea it turned out this way...

So there it was, somewhere in the middle of the whole 'Bottega Exclusive' deal... the Reflet. And did it change me ! I have liked Bottega bags but prefer(red) my Hermès Birkin until this day.

It didn't take me long to realise that I had to get this bag, so I called Zurich...

me: (after some pleasantries).....Would you have a Reflet Cabat in your store..?
SA: Sorry, all of Europe is sold out but hang on....
me: [considered biting my nails again]
SA: I have just found out that we are getting one more from overseas, but I am not sure when it will arrive. Shall I hold it and call you when it gets here ?
me: DUH (I was only thinking that!)... Of course I said of course

So there I was, of course hoping it would arrive that evening... silly me, no phone call from BV... the waiting continued... one day passed, then another, then by the third day, I could not stand it anymore and called to pester them ( I know, I really should work on this thing called patience but I had thoughts of some slight error at BV Zurich which would allow MY Cabat to be sold to someone else... ).

So the SA told me that the bag would be coming from somewhere in Asia (sorry to anyone who might run into a store which had sent their Reflet to me....). Could be anywhere from 1 day to week and a half. But not to worry, she had marked the whatever-they-use-to-track-bags with a big red pen and put my name on it.

But up to 1 1/2 weeks ??? :wtf:

picture.php

Last edited:
Waiting and waiting...

I could not stand it. Did I already mention that i should work on my patience thingy ? It did actually drive me slightly mad, some would say obsessed...

I was looking and re-looking at any pictures I could find (I know, it got rather pathetic). I finally just downloaded some of the pictures onto my iphone so I could admire then anywhere and anytime I wanted. I showed the pictures to at least 10 people in the office, each one of them with different reactions but most had at least a hint of worry on their faces, thinking I might have gone bonkers.

picture.php

Then finally on Monday the 17th of August... RELIEVE ! The phone call !

"I have the real pleasure of informing you that your wonderful bag has finally arrived." the SA said to me.

To say I was happy was an understatement, more like ecstatic. I wanted to scream like a little girl (but could not reach the high notes) :smile:

But then.. disaster!

This was Monday and I could not find the time to drive to Zurich during the week... ARGHHHHH

It would really have to wait till Saturday (I did consider taking a day off but budget review season is not a good time to disappear)

:wlae::wlae::wlae::upsidedown:

when i got my etoupe birkin i considered getting sick on the day it was supposed to arrive. but i would have had to fly from the client site. ultimately professionalism won out :smile:

Day after day goes by, slower and slower. And what was worse, something was messing with my sleep...

On Thursday morning, I woke up at 2:30am and could not go back to sleep (So I ran outside a bit)

On Friday morning, I woke up at 3:30 am (So I ran again)

On Saturday morning (Today), I woke up at around 3:40am (No running this time)

Was the Reflet the cause of all this restlessness ?

Finally 7:15am, the alarms go off... I make sure everyone is up (why waste precious time right )?

We do set off quite a bit later (9:30am) after running some more errands. But we were finally on our way.

As I got to the store, I didn't even bother to look at the display, I had only one thing on my mind and entered the store. An SA asked if she could help and I told her I was there for the Reflet. She replied that someone else would be bringing it to me. Excitement grew... and then another lovely SA came over, asked me to come over to another desk and with the loveliest smile proceeded to remove my holy grail from the dust bag....

No... I didn't take pictures inside the store... I was too busy watching out for any potential drool that might escape my mouth. (The SA wasn't for off !!) And I was trying to contain my breathing....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Speechless... it's like a dream, it is so beautiful that I couldn't say anything and just stared at it without even touching it. Even the SA was muttering "it's a dream"...

Megs said it right: "Words do not do justice to the beauty of the color."

The SA 'pushed' me to take it outside and admire the colors in natural light. I was stunned. The size is perfect, anything larger and it would ruin this bag IMHO. I handled the bag this way and that way and forgot that I wanted to pay for it for a little while. I was in a different world there for a moment :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
But... that was not all... the lovely SA asked if she could show me something else... and who doesn't like to see more goodies :smile:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

She showed me the Baby also in Red (which was a great color by itself but did not really go well with the Cabat and I didn't want to clash colors too much)

picture.php

The Keychain was shown also in brown and grey but I went for the one the SA suggessted from the start for me (Metallic) to have a lovely bit of metallic contrast.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php