The cute ALMA BB club!

What I do for storage is tuck the dust bag under the charm. I don’t think it would damage the bag anyway but this way I can rest easy in the knowledge that it is absolutely safe (I baby the hell out of my bags and charms!)

I do find the Laduree charms a bit clangy and noisy on some bags due to all the metal parts and personally am a bit worried about scratching in the long run which is why I prefer the Mahalmade charms. Not only are they quieter but I feel there is less potential for scratches due to less weight and metal bits and pieces. Best of all though, her charms are FAR more detailed and realistic than LD and she can make them in custom colours and sizes to suit your bag so are far more unique. Everyone and their dog has a LD charm and it looks cute but a bit obvious to me these days, a bit like pom-pom charms which are awesome but overused and are starting to look too predictable to me! Mahalmade charms are clearly different, special and unique to my eye! They are far too high quality to look like LD knock offs, they are actually far better made and doubly hyper realistic!

Having said that, the Eiffel Tower on the LD charms is not particularly sharp, it’s finished quite nicely. It probably would be fine on Epi and empriente leather but I wouldn’t risk it on vernis. However, as I use my bags so little and baby them so much it is hard to say how safe they’d be long term with charms with metal parts rubbing on them every day. Metals can sometimes oxidise and leave marks too.

Pictured is a Mahalmade charm on my Prada inside bag in matching grey and mint green. Also one of her micro charms on my iPhone! I just love it!!! I lost interest in LD charms after I discovered her beautiful pieces.
Also pictured is an example of how I store my bags with charms on. Somehow when a charm “belongs” to a certain bag I don’t like taking it off!

View attachment 3847418
View attachment 3847419
View attachment 3847422

Thanks thanks thanks my dearest for the detailed explanation and photos- you don't know how much I appreciate your replies and suggestions and help! I love all the Mahalmade charms you've got and I love that its all customisable. I've always been a very firm bag lover but have never been a bag charm person until now!! I still can't quite decide if I should add a pair of twillys to the handle for added protection or bag charm for that does of extra sweetest. Have decided against adding both cos I think it'd be a bit of an overkill. Or perhaps I can get the charm for another bag (so inspired by your Prada bag+charm) and twillys for this alma bb rose ballerine since I definitely think the handles do need extra protection since its such a light colour. I'm floored with choices now!! :loveeyes:

Reactions: Monogasm
Thanks thanks thanks my dearest for the detailed explanation and photos- you don't know how much I appreciate your replies and suggestions and help! I love all the Mahalmade charms you've got and I love that its all customisable. I've always been a very firm bag lover but have never been a bag charm person until now!! I still can't quite decide if I should add a pair of twillys to the handle for added protection or bag charm for that does of extra sweetest. Have decided against adding both cos I think it'd be a bit of an overkill. Or perhaps I can get the charm for another bag (so inspired by your Prada bag+charm) and twillys for this alma bb rose ballerine since I definitely think the handles do need extra protection since its such a light colour. I'm floored with choices now!! :loveeyes:

It's my pleasure! I could chat about this stuff all day! I think it's fun to mix and match. I hear you on not over dressing a bag! It just never looks good to go over the top and I have to stop myself doing it some times! It can be very tough choosing between charms and adornments! I guess you could always consider a mini micro charm for the zipper on the side you don't use for zipping to get the best of both worlds if you do go for twillys on the handles. That's what I did with my Prada bag as that zipper is one I don't need to use so it was free to decorate on a bag that other wise looks better without much in the way of charms.

I guess really subtle crochet handle covers would be another option. I do oogle those sometimes too. Can't decide if they are cute or totally tacky (probably both! haha) There is so much cute handmade stuff on Etsy which I love!
https://www.etsy.com/uk/search?q=louis Vuitton handle covers

Reactions: Elegantlytwist
When you all wear your bag cross body, do you have any issues with the glazing on the handles wearing? I have only had my Alma BB for a week and the glazing is starting to peel (the glazing looks then as you can kind of see the black underneath the hot pink). I don't want to be that person, but do you think this normal wear and tear after a week? I texted my SA but awaiting for a reply...

IMG_4739.jpg

When you all wear your bag cross body, do you have any issues with the glazing on the handles wearing? I have only had my Alma BB for a week and the glazing is starting to peel (the glazing looks then as you can kind of see the black underneath the hot pink). I don't want to be that person, but do you think this normal wear and tear after a week? I texted my SA but awaiting for a reply...

View attachment 3848375
do you wear it cross body a lot? I don't wear my alma bb as a cross body but the speedy b's handles do peel since I wear it mainly as a cross body bag. I would think it's normal to peel or show wear since these inner side rubbing against the body if you wear it as a cross body a lot.

do you wear it cross body a lot? I don't wear my alma bb as a cross body but the speedy b's handles do peel since I wear it mainly as a cross body bag. I would think it's going to peel or show wear since these inner side rubbing against the body.

Yes, I wear it cross body 80% of the time. I was debating whether I should wrap a twilly over it but I really am not into that look (plus the black and hot pink glazing is sooo cute). I might need to re-think my thoughts on the twilly.

View attachment 3848375
I got the exact same bag about a month ago. I carried it everyday including for two trips so I went to look at mine because I predominantly carry it crossbody. I don't have any peeling, cracking, or color bleeding through. I would be more concerned about the peeling vs the color. Hopefully your SA gets back to you soon! Good luck.

I got the exact same bag about a month ago. I carried it everyday including for two trips so I went to look at mine because I predominantly carry it crossbody. I don't have any peeling, cracking, or color bleeding through. I would be more concerned about the peeling vs the color. Hopefully your SA gets back to you soon! Good luck.

My SA was not working when I showed up. When I went in, I showed another SA and the lift on the peeling part was gone so it was harder to tell that it was peeling and claimed it was color transfer and kind of pushed back. I showed them the picture I posted here and no questions asked, they have ordered another one which is in transit now. My main SA was very apologetic for not hitting send on the text message and he apologized profusely. All is good, I ordered a Hermès Twilly to see if I like the one sided Twilly look. Will keep you all posted!

My SA was not working when I showed up. When I went in, I showed another SA and the lift on the peeling part was gone so it was harder to tell that it was peeling and claimed it was color transfer and kind of pushed back. I showed them the picture I posted here and no questions asked, they have ordered another one which is in transit now. My main SA was very apologetic for not hitting send on the text message and he apologized profusely. All is good, I ordered a Hermès Twilly to see if I like the one sided Twilly look. Will keep you all posted!
Glad to hear they ordered a new one for you!

My SA exchanged a new Alma BB for me due to the glazing issue. I added a Twilly on one side as I will mostly wear it crossbody. It's wrapped very loosely since I'm still debating on whether I want to keep the Twilly or return it :oh:

Thoughts?

View attachment 3857832 View attachment 3857833
you may not like what I'm going to say, but I feel it's too much for such a small bag.

you may not like what I'm going to say, but I feel it's too much for such a small bag.

It's so hard to find a "plain" Twilly, though I do like it as a hairband and scarf :smile: The only saving grace is that the side with the twilly is always against me so people won't see it that much. I get what you're saying though, as I'm pretty plain.