The curse of the Pochette Métis

Wow....just wow! I was all set that I really wanted to get the Pochette Metis...called in and got and the waiting list. Now...I'm reading this thread and really second guessing if I was to run the risk of inviting a headache into my life! LOL I may have to rethink making this my next purchase. :/
if you decide to get it, make sure to inspect your bag VERY carefully while still at the store. I thought I had done so, but I guess I didn't :/

I'm sorry, girl, it doesn't look good. Mine looked worse, but maybe it looked like yours in the beginning and I wasn't aware of it. Yours looks like it could get worse later. There's even one of the holes that seems to be farther from the piping and it seems a bit odd. I'd return it if I were you. :sad:
What do you think about the empreinte PM? Maybe that could be an option. I think this wouldn't happen to it.

I was pretty shocked when I discovered this. Why would a $1900+ purse (including tax) look like this. I am going to the boutique tomorrow to return it. I may give PM another try by putting on waitlist, but will sure do a careful inspection; at the same time I will put my name on the pink Neo Noe. Thanks to you girls for all the comments!

Reactions: Born4thjuly
if you decide to get it, make sure to inspect your bag VERY carefully while still at the store. I thought I had done so, but I guess I didn't :/
Definitely!! I suppose I will decide on what purse is next in line on my list. If the first PM I get called in for doesn't pass inspection, I'll take that as a sign to just move on and get a different one.

I was pretty shocked when I discovered this. Why would a $1900+ purse (including tax) look like this. I am going to the boutique tomorrow to return it. I may give PM another try by putting on waitlist, but will sure do a careful inspection; at the same time I will put my name on the pink Neo Noe. Thanks to you girls for all the comments!
I really believe that there's such a high demand for this bag that they're rushing production and neglecting quality control. :sad: Unacceptable, IMO. I hope your next bag is perfect!

I honestly think that some bag designs simply are not meant for the canvas material that LV uses. The newer canvas is definitely different than the canvas that they used to use a few years back...more brittle IMO. Hopefully the design of the PM will hold up better in leather. I think it is a gorgeous bag, but I have been leery of getting one due to all of the quality issues that have been reported.

Yeah I agree with Regina. Maybe you can try the new Metis in Empreinte . [emoji56]
I don't want to be too discouraging, but I saw the empreinte pochette metis in the red color yesterday at the store. The leather part near the glazing was peeling and I could see black underneath. This could have been an aberration, but it does appear we have to be careful when considering the empreinte bags, too. Such a shame because the pochette metis is such a great bag! I've been fortunate with my infrarouge so far, but it seems I check it everyday waiting for the ball to drop!

Reactions: LVorDie
I don't want to be too discouraging, but I saw the empreinte pochette metis in the red color yesterday at the store. The leather part near the glazing was peeling and I could see black underneath. This could have been an aberration, but it does appear we have to be careful when considering the empreinte bags, too. Such a shame because the pochette metis is such a great bag! I've been fortunate with my infrarouge so far, but it seems I check it everyday waiting for the ball to drop!

I've seen many of the same photos on IG of the pink and red Empreinte PM. No matter the material it seems this bag is trouble.

Reactions: Stacy31
I've seen many of the same photos on IG of the pink and red Empreinte PM. No matter the material it seems this bag is trouble.
You both seem to be right. This design is flawed from the start, I think. And all my experience with three problematic PM bags made me even get kinda sick of the style. I see it on Instagram and Youtube and I just think "...meh" most of the time. I still appreciate the older ones, though, because of the stiffer canvas, which makes it look more structure and more like a mini suitcase, but I wouldn't buy this bag preloved, since it has so many issues and maybe LV would give me a hard time if I ever had a problem.
Well, life moves on! I've been enjoying my Tuileries Besace quite a lot and giving it much love. We may run out of money, but I think it's very difficult to run out of bags that catch out attention :biggrin:

You both seem to be right. This design is flawed from the start, I think. And all my experience with three problematic PM bags made me even get kinda sick of the style. I see it on Instagram and Youtube and I just think "...meh" most of the time. I still appreciate the older ones, though, because of the stiffer canvas, which makes it look more structure and more like a mini suitcase, but I wouldn't buy this bag preloved, since it has so many issues and maybe LV would give me a hard time if I ever had a problem.
Well, life moves on! I've been enjoying my Tuileries Besace quite a lot and giving it much love. We may run out of money, but I think it's very difficult to run out of bags that catch out attention [emoji3]
I was in France and Italy last month for my honeymoon, and I was dead set on finding a PM. I managed to find one in Rome, but when I tried it on, it just didn't work... I loved the way it looked in pictures on other people but I think it's what you pointed out, that it used to be more structured looking. The one i tried on just looked dull and sloppy. I ended up buying a Croisette, which I immediately loved as soon as I tried it on! Just seems that the PM wasn't for me.

I was in France and Italy last month for my honeymoon, and I was dead set on finding a PM. I managed to find one in Rome, but when I tried it on, it just didn't work... I loved the way it looked in pictures on other people but I think it's what you pointed out, that it used to be more structured looking. The one i tried on just looked dull and sloppy. I ended up buying a Croisette, which I immediately loved as soon as I tried it on! Just seems that the PM wasn't for me.
I find the Croisette sooo beautiful! But I can't fit my stuff in it :sad:
I miss the PM made with the old stiff canvas! I should have gotten it back then.

Reactions: PurseAddict728
I miss the PM made with the old stiff canvas! I should have gotten it back then.
I tried the Croisette on too and it was so adorable and it fit my frame! But I was just afraid that it was slightly too small to carry much of anything. Someone else posted on a different thread how much it fits and it was very little. :sad:

I tried the Croisette on too and it was so adorable and it fit my frame! But I was just afraid that it was slightly too small to carry much of anything. Someone else posted on a different thread how much it fits and it was very little. :sad:

I like the croisette too. It's so sweet and adorable. But think it's a bit on the pricey side for a little bag that doesn't fit much in.

It's definitely small for an everyday workhorse, but I think it's so perfect for running errands on the weekend or going out with friends for dinner. I was just so drawn to the shape and structure; it really spoke to me more than the PM, even though I know the PM was so much more in demand. I was deciding between the two in Rome, and the SA was pushing me so hard towards the PM (and there were two other people waiting to try on the PM right by me). I knew that if I bought the PM though, it would be due to pressure to get a high-demand bag, rather than really loving it.

It definitely helped that I bought in Italy, where it ended up being like... $500 cheaper than in the US! After the VAT refund, I ended up paying about $1000 USD, which I don't think it too bad at all! (Especially when I shell out $3100+ for Chanel minis...).