The curse of the Pochette Métis

Sonmi999

Backpack lover
Jul 4, 2016
My first PM was an infrarouge one that I bought last December. The canvas peeled. I exchanged it for a reverse mono PM. The glazing peeled. I exchanged it for a different bag. Later on, I got another reverse mono PM, but was too afraid of having more issues and exchanged it for the classic mono PM. I've had this bag for less than two months... but I just saw this.
I do feel I'm done with the Pochette Métis. I love this style, but it definitely doesn't love me back.
I'll go to the store tomorrow to have this solved. I hope it goes smoothly.

Attachments

• IMG_6045.JPG
    IMG_6045.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 7,371
  • IMG_6047.JPG
    IMG_6047.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 7,520
Reactions: aussiebae
Firstly I'm so sorry you've had such a bad experience with the PM, especially with the number of times you've tried and with the different styles. I've been following along with your quality issues regarding this bag and it's unfair that it hasn't worked out. I hope they're able to do something for you since it's happened on multiple occasions. The PM is probably my favourite bag since it's so functional but also aesthetically pleasing, I'm fortunate that I've not experienced any of the nightmare issues I've heard of on the forum. Sending you positive vibes, keep us posted on how things work out!

ps - there's always the new empreinte PM[emoji6]

Firstly I'm so sorry you've had such a bad experience with the PM, especially with the number of times you've tried and with the different styles. I've been following along with your quality issues regarding this bag and it's unfair that it hasn't worked out. I hope they're able to do something for you since it's happened on multiple occasions. The PM is probably my favourite bag since it's so functional but also aesthetically pleasing, I'm fortunate that I've not experienced any of the nightmare issues I've heard of on the forum. Sending you positive vibes, keep us posted on how things work out!

Thanks a lot, doll! I'm counting on their CS, since it's cracked canvas and I've had this bag for so little time. The empreinte one is beautiful, but I'm kind of tired of the PM altogether with all these awful experiences. I think I'll wait a while before I think about adding one to my collection. :smile: Sometimes it's not meant to be. At least now I'm peaceful with this idea. I just want to get this problem solved.

Thanks a lot, doll! I'm counting on their CS, since it's cracked canvas and I've had this bag for so little time. The empreinte one is beautiful, but I'm kind of tired of the PM altogether with all these awful experiences. I think I'll wait a while before I think about adding one to my collection. :smile: Sometimes it's not meant to be. At least now I'm peaceful with this idea. I just want to get this problem solved.
I totally understand, it's probably best to wait it out and see the experiences others have with the empreinte PM due to the design flaws/quality issues of the PM combined with the slightly higher pricepoint. Hoping for the best and that they're able to resolve the issue!

My first PM was an infrarouge one that I bought last December. The canvas peeled. I exchanged it for a reverse mono PM. The glazing peeled. I exchanged it for a different bag. Later on, I got another reverse mono PM, but was too afraid of having more issues and exchanged it for the classic mono PM. I've had this bag for less than two months... but I just saw this.
I do feel I'm done with the Pochette Métis. I love this style, but it definitely doesn't love me back.

I am so sorry about this. I feel you girl... I got ripped quite a bit in my PM post for being "too picky", but I don't agree one bit. $2000 is nothing to sneeze at and I think it's fair to expect it to be in amazing condition when you buy it and for a LONG time after.

I have been collecting Louis for over 25 years and the quality is def not what it used to be. I still love the fashion house, but rushing the quality on the new styles is disappointing.

I hope your SA is helpful and makes this easy for you. When you work hard for your $ and decide to spend it on a bag, it can be quite emotional.

Sending lots of positive energy your way.
[emoji162][emoji304]

I am so sorry about this. I feel you girl... I got ripped quite a bit in my PM post for being "too picky", but I don't agree one bit. $2000 is nothing to sneeze at and I think it's fair to expect it to be in amazing condition when you buy it and for a LONG time after.

I have been collecting Louis for over 25 years and the quality is def not what it used to be. I still love the fashion house, but rushing the quality on the new styles is disappointing.

I hope your SA is helpful and makes this easy for you. When you work hard for your $ and decide to spend it on a bag, it can be quite emotional.

[emoji162][emoji304]
Thank you so much for your support and good vibes, dear. You always have kind words. I'm just praying it goes smoothly. My current SA is great and I believe she will help me. Let's hope for the best. :smile:
And I agree with you 100%. This is A LOT of money being spent on a bag and it's totally reasonable to expect it to be near perfect and to be durable. Having the canvas start to crack 36 days after purchasing the bag is ridiculous. I've worn it on 5 or 6 days. It's insane.

Yeah I agree with Regina. Maybe you can try the new Metis in Empreinte . [emoji56]

Wow. That's insane! Hope you have a quick return. Definitely wait to see if the issues work their way out before returning to the PM. It's such a great bag.
Yeah I agree with Regina. Maybe you can try the new Metis in Empreinte . [emoji56]

Thanks, dolls! I'll check the emp PM out by the end of the year to see how everyone's bags are holding up :smile: by that time there certainly will be a lot of reviews and wear and tear videos on youtube about it!

This really sucks. I hope you find a nice bag that makes you happy. I'm a fan of the Retiro. *wink* Or, like someone mentioned, you can wait to get the Empreinte.

[emoji162][emoji304]
Lol, yes because you never responded on if you measured the bag from seam to seam. Your issue with your IR PM was you didn't like the way the lock was balanced between the patterns--not clear seam holes and canvas peeling like OP's (or like your first couple of bags).

Just clarifying that this isn't the same thing! *smile*

This really sucks. I hope you find a nice bag that makes you happy. I'm a fan of the Retiro. *wink* Or, like someone mentioned, you can wait to get the Empreinte.
Thanks! The Retiro is gorgeous, but it's bigger than what I need now and it's a bit on the heavier side... and it comes with such a thin strap! If it had a wider strap, I guess the weight wouldn't be much of a problem... I had a Raisin one and ended up not keeping it.

Lol, yes because you never responded on if you measured the bag from seam to seam. Your issue with your IR PM was you didn't like the way the lock was balanced between the patterns--not clear seam holes and canvas peeling like OP's (or like your first couple of bags).

I don't think she measured it, but even if the distance was ok, the placement of the hardware was quite off. I can understand how this could be a turnoff, especially after two bags with defective canvas.

Reactions: LVorDie

I sadly took the bag back to LV last night and they apologized and said that the lock most definitely should be centered between the sun or star (depending on the particular style). I think their exact words were "absolutely you should have brought this bag back to us. We will definitely make note of these quality issues, thank you." Although LV has had some quality issues, I am grateful they have always acknowledged inconsistencies. The lock positioning should not have passed inspection, but things happen... so shout out to all the awesome SA's that do their best to make things right for us that spend our hard earned money. [emoji1433][emoji162][emoji177]

I sadly took the bag back to LV last night and they apologized and said that the lock most definitely should be centered between the sun or star (depending on the particular style). I think their exact words were "absolutely you should have brought this bag back to us. We will definitely make note of these quality issues, thank you." Although LV has had some quality issues, I am grateful they have always acknowledged inconsistencies. The lock positioning should not have passed inspection, but things happen... so shout out to all the awesome SA's that do their best to make things right for us that spend our hard earned money. [emoji1433][emoji162][emoji177]
Awesome...well, you definitely didn't need our opinions then! :biggrin: