The coach Parker

IMO the quilted pink and black multi-color striped parkers are of great quality. I kept the multi-color and returned the pink. I'm thinking about re-purchasing the pink because I like it so much. It was the rivets quilted parker in all black that I found flimsy and unstructured when compared to the pink and multi-color striped black parkers. Haven't played around with the quilted dinky, although I imagine with it being 1941 the quality should be excellent.

Side note: I'm actually surprised the parkers are not considered 1941, but in a way glad because (hopefully) they will be included in PCE.
Will you describe the flimsiness and fragile leather of the rivets quilted Parker a little more? Do you mean it isn't made well or that it is not meant to be filled? And the leather scratches easily? I was planning to get that in the future, but I don't have a FP store and might not be able to try one on first. I want it to use as an evening bag, but I don't want to get it if it's poor quality. I really like the look of it. Is there one place where I can see a picture of *all* variations of Parker and where they're sold? I really want one in black, preferably quilted, but if they made a red or dark teal those would make it harder to choose!

I just called JAX & ordered.
I have to say, I am actually liking the solid ones (like my Gray) much more. It seems easier to carry & more structured (doesn't pull as much when carried long) so I think I'm returning my quilted ones. The leather seems more fragile than I'm used to. Personal preference I'm sure.
Thank you for sharing this! Are all of the quilted ones flimsy or just the ones with rivets?

Will you describe the flimsiness and fragile leather of the rivets quilted Parker a little more? Do you mean it isn't made well or that it is not meant to be filled? And the leather scratches easily? I was planning to get that in the future, but I don't have a FP store and might not be able to try one on first. I want it to use as an evening bag, but I don't want to get it if it's poor quality. I really like the look of it. Is there one place where I can see a picture of *all* variations of Parker and where they're sold? I really want one in black, preferably quilted, but if they made a red or dark teal those would make it harder to choose!

There is a black quilted Parker that some people have already been able to purchase. If I'm not mistaken its is a Spring '18 release. It is not yet in stores or online, however if you contact JAX or your local store they may be able to locate one for you. My SA was able to find one last week. There were only 5 in the warehouse, so we weren't sure the order was even going to go thru. I got the shipping notification, and it should be here Wednesday I think! Take a look through this forum and you will see pictures of the black quilted bag.

As for one centralized "place" where you can see pics of all colorways for the Parker, there really isn't one. I'm not totally sure (maybe someone else can chime in) why some department stores get different colorways that the Coach stores do not, but for the most part if you have a relationship with a SA , you can probably ask them to help you find what you are looking for.

Lastly, concerning the quilting being flimsy, I think that may be a personal opinion. I, for one like the quilting over the solid Parkers. I do not feel that it is flimsy. I think some might say that the quilting does not feel as "structured" as the solid bags, or compared to other Coach bags. That may or may not be bad thing for you, but that's your opinion.

Overall, I would say, if you can go to a store to try on the bag, you can make form your own opinion.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos and congratulations! This is the one I'm considering. Looks great.
Thanks! I thought I would absolutely adore it, but it's not love at first sight like my gray one. Maybe because I've been looking for a good gray bag for a long time. There's just something about this one that isn't quite doing it for me. I'm going to sleep on it.