The coach Parker

vivianyan

Jan 10, 2017
My Parker in quilted leather with rivets has finally arrived. Now I finally have my questions answered. please let me share what i found out.

1. Is Parker 1941 collection? -- No. 1941 collection items all have the hang tag with a metal cap on it. while Parker has the normal coach hang tag just the same as the non-1941 bags. Also, i didn't find the 1941 stamp (a cross with the number "1" "9" "4" "1: on each corner) on Parker.
2. Is Parker use leather lining? -- No. the lining is a fabric. it does look and feel like suede leather, it's good quality fabric, but it's not the same suede lining that used in Rogue, at least this I can tell. I am 99% sure it's fabric.
3. Is Parker heavy? -- No, with the fabric lining and the quilted nappa leather, this bag doesn't feel heavy at all.

If I knew this is not a 1941 collection item, I might not have rushed the purchase. I might want to wait until it goes on sale as always non-1941 bags do. But I've been waiting for coach to release larger chain shoulder straps bag for a long time (I love dinky but dinky is too small) , Parker is a perfect size and good for everyday use. So I don't regret to pay full price for it.

After all, it's still a stunning bag and I am happy with it. It's good that coach has finally moved out from the "heavy western" vibe and started some lovely design.

Another thing, I know it's very Chanel "inspired". For the people who's turned off because Parker is too alike Chanel classic flap, I have to say, look at the price! Chanel just increased their Classic Flap price of $400 - 500 (come on, this is good for buying a Parker), which makes it to close to 6k for Chanel CF Jumbo. I was thinking of buying my first Chanel Classic Flap bag, but this has totally turned me off. I don't think the cost of making a Chanel bag has increased that much, they just raised the price because they want to, and they think people will still willing to pay (well, but I am not ).

I would rather to keep pure my money to Coach to support this brand to grow, to keep making good quality & nice designed bag at a reasonable price for the bag lovers. So I can buy many items for each season and don't have to worry about my hobby harms my financial situation. it's my opinion, hope this makes sense.

Thanks for letting me share!

Last edited:
My Parker in quilted leather with rivets has finally arrived. Now I finally have my questions answered. please let me share what i found out.

1. Is Parker 1941 collection? -- No. 1941 collection items all have the hang tag with a metal cap on it. while Parker has the normal coach hang tag just the same as the non-1941 bags. Also, i didn't find the 1941 stamp (a cross with the number "1" "9" "4" "1: on each corner) on Parker.
2. Is Parker use leather lining? -- No. the lining is a fabric. it does look and feel like suede leather, it's good quality fabric, but it's not the same suede lining that used in Rogue, at least this I can tell. I am 99% sure it's fabric.
3. Is Parker heavy? -- No, with the fabric lining and the quilted nappa leather, this bag doesn't feel heavy at all.

If I knew this is not a 1941 collection item, I might not have rushed the purchase. I might want to wait until it goes on sale as always non-1941 bags do. But I've been waiting for coach to release larger chain shoulder straps bag for a long time (I love dinky but dinky is too small) , Parker is a perfect size and good for everyday use. So I don't regret to pay full price for it.

After all, it's still a stunning bag and I am happy with it. It's good that coach has finally moved out from the "heavy western" vibe and started some lovely design.

Another thing, I know it's very Chanel "inspired". For the people who's turned off because Parker is too alike Chanel classic flap, I have to say, look at the price! Chanel just increased their Classic Flap price of $400 - 500 (come on, this is good for buying a Parker), which makes it to close to 6k for Chanel CF Jumbo. I was thinking of buying my first Chanel Classic Flap bag, but this has totally turned me off. I don't think the cost of making a Chanel bag has increased that much, they just raised the price because they want to, and they think people will still willing to pay (well, but I am not ).

I would rather to keep pure my money to Coach to support this brand to grow, to keep making good quality & nice designed bag at a reasonable price for the bag lovers. So I can buy many items for each season and don't have to worry about my hobby harms my financial situation. it's my opinion, hope this makes sense.

Thanks for letting me share!

Thank you so much for taking the time to make such a thorough post about the Parker. Once I get the chance, I think I'll purchase the black, plain leather Parker. I'm in need of a medium sized shoulder bag, but Chanel is far out of reach.

I think in addition to the Parker, there are other brands with chain shoulder bags, so I don't think it resembles the Chanel flap as much as Rebecca Minkoff's Love Bag resembles Chanel Boy bags. I also think it's okay that it's not a 1941 piece. I own two Swaggers and they are built fairly strong. Maybe if the Parker has enough interest there might be upgraded 1941 versions in the future.

Congrats on such a beautiful bag!!

I would love to get a Chanel someday, but I just can't afford one without a windfall that isn't coming. :smile: Although I have been attracted to, and bought, 1941 recently it is all about the look and quality for me, as long as the bag looks good, fits a want, and is well made then it doesn't matter. Plus I am more likely to get a deal on it if it's not 1941! Getting a Parker is my target this season, I am really liking the look and form factor. Sueded microfiber doesn't bother me either, even Louis Vuitton uses that for their bags.

Thanks for your great review @vivianyan! I know you said you bought 2 quilted Parkers: black and white in another thread. Will you return one?
Like you, I am glad it is not 1941--it's a great Coach New York bag that, as you said, provides so much more room than the 1941 Quilted Dinky with an interior zip and slip pocket. I also think that it was wise to get this before it sells out, as many of the more popular Coach New York boutique bags never make it to the outlet or hit the sale in the colors we want.
I hope the Parker with quilting and rivets is still around in February or March, as my goal is to pace myself to no more than 4 bags per year.

(Side note: Like the average woman, I also do not think saving up $6,000 for a quilted handbag is something I will ever do in my life. I am not a highly paid celebrity or multi-millionaire (yet?). I don't even think it's worth mentioning that this bag is an alternative to Chanel for me because Chanel is/was never an alternative in my life. That's OK. A cute bag is a cute bag, inspired/homage/or whatever it may be. I dipped my feet into the high-end designer pool with YSL once and they were as far as I could stand to pay for fashion.)

Thanks for your great review @vivianyan! I know you said you bought 2 quilted Parkers: black and white in another thread. Will you return one?
Like you, I am glad it is not 1941--it's a great Coach New York bag that, as you said, provides so much more room than the 1941 Quilted Dinky with an interior zip and slip pocket. I also think that it was wise to get this before it sells out, as many of the more popular Coach New York boutique bags never make it to the outlet or hit the sale in the colors we want.
I hope the Parker with quilting and rivets is still around in February or March, as my goal is to pace myself to no more than 4 bags per year.

(Side note: Like the average woman, I also do not think saving up $6,000 for a quilted handbag is something I will ever do in my life. I am not a highly paid celebrity or multi-millionaire (yet?). I don't even think it's worth mentioning that this bag is an alternative to Chanel for me because Chanel is/was never an alternative in my life. That's OK. A cute bag is a cute bag, inspired/homage/or whatever it may be. I dipped my feet into the high-end designer pool with YSL once and they were as far as I could stand to pay for fashion.)

Yes, I ordered both black and chalk quited Parker, originally I wanted to order only one after seeing them in person, but when I heard there was only 50 chalk Parker in JAX and my local store still won't have it till February, I went ahead to ordered both. I probably will only the black and return chalk. As long as they are not 1941 collection, I assume department stores ( like Macy's) will carry it, i can buy other colors later if I saw them on sale.

I am the same as you for the luxury items. I basically only buy contemporary designer handbags, because I don't want to pay that much for the exclusivity of premium designer. My most expensive bag so far is the coach rogue in snake skin which is $1500, I am financially capable to afford more expensive items, I just don't want to.

Here are the pictures of the 2 parkers. I didn't fully unrap them yet since I may return one of the 2. It's a hard decision though. i looove the brass hardware on chalk, but I am afraid it will gets dirty vey easily. IMG_9170.JPGIMG_9172.JPGIMG_9173.JPG

Last edited:
i also wish coach will produce a 1941 collection version of this bag in the future. I will definitely buy one. I compared the chain with my 1941 bags, I can tell Parker does use less quality materials. Not only the fabric lining.
Here is a picture of the 4 chains. the middle 2 chains are Parker, the top one is my 1941 dinky, and the bottom one is my 1941 turn lock saddle bag, as you can see, the 1941 chains are thicker.

Attachments

• IMG_9188.JPG
    IMG_9188.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 4,786
Yes, I ordered both black and chalk quited Parker, originally I wanted to order only one after seeing them in person, but when I heard there was only 50 chalk Parker in JAX and my local store still won't have it till February, I went ahead to ordered both. I probably will only the black and return chalk. As long as they are not 1941 collection, I assume department stores ( like Macy's) will carry it, i can buy other colors later if I saw them on sale.

I am the same as you for the luxury items. I basically only buy contemporary designer handbags, because I don't want to pay that much for the exclusivity of premium designer. My most expensive bag so far is the coach rogue in snake skin which is $1500, I am financially capable to afford more expensive items, I just don't want to.

Here are the pictures of the 2 parkers. I didn't fully unrap them yet since I may return one of the 2. It's a hard decision though. i looove the brass hardware on chalk, but I am afraid it will gets dirty vey easily. View attachment 3940731View attachment 3940732View attachment 3940733

I love this bag and can’t wait for them to carry it at my local Coach store so I can try it on! Do you really think it will go on sale? I know it’s already a great price point but I’m a sucker for a deal!

Here are the pictures of the 2 parkers. I didn't fully unrap them yet since I may return one of the 2. It's a hard decision though. i looove the brass hardware on chalk, but I am afraid it will gets dirty vey easily. View attachment 3940731View attachment 3940732View attachment 3940733

Oh and I would have to keep both!:graucho:

I love this bag and can’t wait for them to carry it at my local Coach store so I can try it on! Do you really think it will go on sale? I know it’s already a great price point but I’m a sucker for a deal!
At this point, I don't think this bag will last to next sale. That are sold out very fast. The chalk was online order only for 2 weeks when I ordered mine, and it's already only 50 left in JAX. Black Parker was back ordered with 950 available for back order. I didn't check the other color, but I am sure the are all very popular

Reactions: BagLadyT
At this point, I don't think this bag will last to next sale. That are sold out very fast. The chalk was online order only for 2 weeks when I ordered mine, and it's already only 50 left in JAX. Black Parker was back ordered with 950 available for back order. I didn't check the other color, but I am sure the are all very popular

Ok then I need to get the white one ASAP. I love how it’s similar to Chanel.

3DF7A6E1-5AB1-43A0-AE7D-1623BDAF7246.jpeg

I saw this one at the store, it’s the only one they received. It’s a very nice bag. The surprising element of this particular color scheme is there is a dark green color in one of the quilted rows. You can’t really see it in the online picture but you can see it if you had it in front of you. I thought I would mention this green color for those of you who have to order online without seeing it in person.

Thanks for the close ups of the chain comparisons!!

I have a Python embossed Crosby in Chalk and I think it is more yellow white than the soft white when I got it 2 years ago. I don't know if it's something to do with the type of leather that white color is used on, but it's one reason I am hesitant to get the chalk colored quilting for Grace or Parker. I wear beige and pastels a lot, but I'd be afraid that I wouldn't be able to use this bag for summer events because of the hot weather and potential for sweat or clothing to discolor it.

Reactions: vivianyan