The CL DIY Thread: all about transforming your CLs!

Thank you!

Here are the Rockstuds:

Before:

UvkhGS1.jpg

After painting silver and halfway through strassing:

Gf8Ehhx.jpg

End result:

tmVBZko.jpg

With these there was a little problem, because when I painted them, I had to use duct tape to cover the studded rims, but when I was taking the tape off, some paint from the rims came off, showing a lighter colored leather underneath, which looked terrible. But I solved the problem: I bought 2 matte leather paints (Angelus: Dark Brown and Shell Pink), and mixed them to get the color of the straps and covered the spots - looks like new!

For strassing I used Denim Blue: 7ss (2058 - 7 gr), 9ss (2058 - 7 gr), 12ss (2088 - 6.5 gr), 16ss (2088 - 4 gr), 20ss (2088 - 2 gr) and 30ss (2088 - 24 pcs (12 per shoe))

I wanted to use all 2088, but they didn't have the small ones, and I didn't want to order from different places and wait for multiple packages, so I used 2058 for 7ss and 9ss - they are the smallest, and the difference is not visible, IMO.

Pretty, pretty, pretty...Job well done!!!!

Hi girls!
I've just started my very first strassing project :yahoo:
I wanted to start strassing just a small area on strappy heels - just in case I find out I can't do it... ;)

So here are two pics, with one shoe strassed, the sparkle doesn't show on the pictures, but they are the Swarovski Crystal Aurora Boreale and they look really pretty.
I'm wondering if this was a good idea? What do you girls think? Also I am thinking about strassing the whole shoe but its difficult as the straps end in a buckle... Should I just leave it like that, maybe strass the heel?
Let me know what you think!!! :hbeat:

Last edited:
Reactions: briska1989
LOL Done :P
Has anybody else ever strassed strappy sandals? I'd love to keep going and completely strass these but I don't know how to strass around the buckles... :confused1:

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just bought these new suede Talitha for a great deal. I'm planning to strass them in all black and adding some black spikes. Since they're coral, should I get them dyed black first? And where can I buy the spikes?

Attachments

• Snapchat-2623120949912591630.jpg
    Snapchat-2623120949912591630.jpg
    720.1 KB · Views: 775
Today was D Day for my Sexy 100 Mini Specchio's as I started to strass in Volcano! It's very therapeutic and I'm outlining in SS10.

The filling crystals are on the way - I'll be using SS20, SS16, SS10 and SS6 to fill 😀

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 819
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465780184.361887.jpg
Hi ladies, I have only been an admirer on this thread so far, but I am feeling like I really want to strass a pair of CLs, I dont want to strass an expensive pair so am on the hand for a good used pair on the cheap.
1) which materials would you say is easiest to strass?
2) is there a material I can strass straight onto without dying, paintjng or sanding?
3) can you advise on this finish? These are at a steal right now. Would they be a good or bad finish?

Thank you ladies soo soo much. I am looking forward to start strassing!!!

View attachment 3379941
Hi ladies, I have only been an admirer on this thread so far, but I am feeling like I really want to strass a pair of CLs, I dont want to strass an expensive pair so am on the hand for a good used pair on the cheap.
2) is there a material I can strass straight onto without dying, paintjng or sanding?
3) can you advise on this finish? These are at a steal right now. Would they be a good or bad finish?

1) kid leather or suede
2) kid leather or suede
3) the look like kid leather

View attachment 3379941

Hi!
I've stressed straight into glitter without sanding - they've come out brilliantly. What colour crystals were you going to use on the shoes? This is my finished shoe - I used volcano on gold glitter 🙂 (Excuse the old chipped Windows in the background!)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    825 KB · Views: 579
Hi!

I've stressed straight into glitter without sanding - they've come out brilliantly. What colour crystals were you going to use on the shoes? This is my finished shoe - I used volcano on gold glitter 🙂 (Excuse the old chipped Windows in the background!)

Those look sooo good!!! What size crystals did you use? Are they all 1 type of crystal?