The cheapest Birkin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great way to find a Birkin when you live IN or NEAR a big city is to find a great local consignment or reseller and make a great relationship with her!

There are 2 shoppes near me that specialize in it... I never scored there because their suggestion is to stop by everyday! My good friend walks by one on her way to and from work... and she scored a super cheap vintage Kelly there, really well used but she sent away for it to be refurbished. The S.A. told her it would clean up really, really well and she's excited!

Good luck. Stick around the forum... you may find you like another bag (like the Kelly :girlsigh:) even more than your original Birkin idea. Hugz.

I love the word cheap. Especially if it pertains to Hermes.
Cheap + Hermes = HAPPY GF!

GF is my kinda girl! :graucho:

I actually prefer pre-owned bags...the bargain hunter inside me likes to save $1k or more and often I prefer colors/leathers that aren't currently in production. I do have some brand new from the boutique Birkins & Kellys, but I would never scoff at an H bargain. LOL

OK, it's not a Birkin but I got my brand new Kelly from a very nice seller on eBay for just over 3K less than if I was to buy it @ the H store in Toronto (I guess it helps that Canadian $ was stronger than usual + I didn't have to pay 14% tax!). So, to me, it was "cheap" or "cheaper" than paying a regular price and it was a brand new Herems bag. Works for me! You can get great deals if you look hard enough!

When I'm finally able to search for a pre-loved Kelly, I know I'll be using the resources/knowledge gained from tPF. I'm going to need to search for a good deal but that's part of the fun too. ;)

The cheapest Birkin that I have seen was the one I saw at a reseller today. Used (not sure of year), 30 raisin box calf. It was around US $3400.

So tempting, but decided that I should get the bag that I really want...

Where! Where! Where! I'm looking for a 30cm Raisin Box Birkin,... Where Where where!!!!!! Pm me will all info! Now,... Hurry up!!!!! Where? Where? I'll go :ninja: on whoever tries to steal it! :ninja:

I think some of us need to get off our high horse when it comes to the word cheap. Just get over it and move on! If I could find a Cheap, Less Expensive, Thrifty, CALL IT WHATEVER YOU WANT birkin, you better believe that I would be all over it!

The cheaper (meaning cost wise) the better!

I have no problem with something being cheap....who cares what something actually costs if the cost is okay with the buyer. ( I actually didnt make any nasty comments ) I did however jump in later to say that I was confused by her initial post and turned off by the use of the word cheap because i wasnt sure what she meant--i thought she may have been looking for a fake even. So I never responded to the initial poster in anyway. In some ways this is a wonderful forum but the high horsedness applies to the "word police" as well. Everyone infers different meaning from words and phrases. We are from a variety of countries. If someone says (paraphrasing) that hermes is not cheap and so maybe the person is in the wrong place..............that may be an apt comment if a little blunt. Who cares? Maybe the initial poster is thinking $500. We really dont know do we? Perhaps some people jumped on her post critically but the posters (in general) have an obligation as well. To explain themselves thoroughly.

I think some of us need to get off our high horse when it comes to the word cheap. Just get over it and move on! If I could find a Cheap, Less Expensive, Thrifty, CALL IT WHATEVER YOU WANT birkin, you better believe that I would be all over it!

The cheaper (meaning cost wise) the better!

I have no problem with something being cheap....who cares what something actually costs if the cost is okay with the buyer. ( I actually didnt make any nasty comments ) I did however jump in later to say that I was confused by her initial post and turned off by the use of the word cheap because i wasnt sure what she meant--i thought she may have been looking for a fake even. So I never responded to the initial poster in anyway. In some ways this is a wonderful forum but the high horsedness applies to the "word police" as well. Everyone infers different meaning from words and phrases. We are from a variety of countries. If someone says (paraphrasing) that hermes is not cheap and so maybe the person is in the wrong place..............that may be an apt comment if a little blunt. Who cares? Maybe the initial poster is thinking $500. We really dont know do we? Perhaps some people jumped on her post critically but the posters (in general) have an obligation as well. To explain themselves thoroughly.

In the spirit of explaining your posts thoroughly, can you please explain what you mean or to whom you are referring when you say the "word police?" I am really confused, especially since you are quoting my words, and i would hate to jump to conclusions as to what you meant by your post?

oh, i really hate it when the threads start going down this route:throwup: it realy upsets me, i visit here to see everyones goodies and hear their opinions, good or bad. i havent even got a bolide or birkin yet, but i love to look at everyones pics, in the hope i might get one someday!! they are very expensive, but i do believe you pay for quality. there are less expensive beautiful bags, (I love Bottega Veneta also, and they are beautifully crafted), and i cant really blame someone who aspires to have a H bag, but cant yet afford it. Theres surely is no such thing as a cheap H bag, but you can sometimes find it a little less expensive if you buy second-hand ones. Thats good enough for me!!! and i cant wait:hysteric:to get my hands on one.

I know. I thought Jag redirected and we are still talking about it.

I have apologized for my part of the first few post...but I feel that just beating it down further.....just makes the thread senseless. too many emotions going on

oh, i really hate it when the threads start going down this route:throwup: it realy upsets me, i visit here to see everyones goodies and hear their opinions, good or bad. i havent even got a bolide or birkin yet, but i love to look at everyones pics, in the hope i might get one someday!! they are very expensive, but i do believe you pay for quality. there are less expensive beautiful bags, (I love Bottega Veneta also, and they are beautifully crafted), and i cant really blame someone who aspires to have a H bag, but cant yet afford it. Theres surely is no such thing as a cheap H bag, but you can sometimes find it a little less expensive if you buy second-hand ones. Thats good enough for me!!! and i cant wait:hysteric:to get my hands on one.

I agree completely--I am only stating that people have the reactions and impressions and should be able to say what they feel with out being jumped on everytime someone doesnt like what they have to say. I for one wasnt even involved at the get go...................i just dont like the high handedness................of judging what other people say. the nasty comments --judging the judgers so to speak. i restate that the posters first post was worded oddly with blunt language and by being written that way things inspire like responses from some...............

Status
Not open for further replies.