The buyer of my bag sent me the link to their online shop

I usually stay away from threads like this with the potential to turn into a big fray, but here's my opinion, and that's just it, MY opinion:

There is nothing wrong with free enterprise, but I find it extremely distasteful that the seller in question seeks the help of fellow tpfers who dedicate their time to the authenticate thread, to authenticate bags that she was interested in buying in order to resell, and then flipping the bags at a marked up price to fellow tpfers. If she had taken the time to educate herself about the bags she is selling, I'ld respect that, but it just seems to me that all she was doing was making use of the lovely girls helping us out with authenticating handbags.

That's my 2 cents worth.

*ducks back to the corner*

I can't believe people would buy those B bags at full price when they are used.

There are many balenciaga bag collectors that search out discontinued or previous year colors that are no longer available retail.

There are presently more buyers now than bags like this available which has driven up the costs of these. Recently some of these bbags have sold for over 2000.00.

So yes there are members here and collectors that buy those B bags at full price or higher when they are used.

I usually stay away from threads like this with the potential to turn into a big fray, but here's my opinion, and that's just it, MY opinion:

There is nothing wrong with free enterprise, but I find it extremely distasteful that the seller in question seeks the help of fellow tpfers who dedicate their time to the authenticate thread, to authenticate bags that she was interested in buying in order to resell, and then flipping the bags at a marked up price to fellow tpfers. If she had taken the time to educate herself about the bags she is selling, I'ld respect that, but it just seems to me that all she was doing was making use of the lovely girls helping us out with authenticating handbags.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Hi JadeLeaves – thank you for your 2 cents. I think it is a bit unfair for you to say that I have not educated myself in authenticating these beautiful BALENCIAGA bags. Yes, I admit that I have posted a few times on the authenticate this thread asking for help. But for me, when I post asking for authentication, I am merely seeking confirmation from another expert on what I already know or have my opinion on. There is nothing wrong with getting a second opinion, is there? And, please be informed that I have in my collection more than eighty (80) Balenciaga handbags and I challenge you to go back through the Authenticate this Thread and try and find 80 posts from me asking the hardworking ladies for authentication.

So please, next time, before you post your 2 cents (and that’s all it is!), please be absolutely sure about the FACTS and not just base it on heresay or your judgement on another person.

Once again, I would like to apologize to all those people who got offended by announcement email. I meant no mischief or malice in my action. Rest assured this incident will not be repeated.

Thank you,

Phielle (bbaglady)

Here's 10 cents worth:

I meant no malice against you, and was just expressing my opinion.

Most of us here are here because we genuinely love purses, but it seems like you joined TPF with the purpose of defending yourself against the possibility of being branded a scammer on ebay, knowing you will lose sales if that happens. You clearly knew that a bad rep on tpf is the death knell to your "business".

I found it extremely distasteful, and still feel the same way, about the way you got help from the gals in the authenticate thread to authenticate bags for you, which you then flipped for a profit, in all likelihood to the tpfers too. You then sent ebayers unsolicited msgs about your new website. To compound that, you posted links to your own website in the "post finds" thread.

Since you are so intend in 'clearing your name', I pose the question:

Are you a tpfer turned seller or seller turned tpfer?

It seems like you have achieved what you set out to do, that is, spread the word of your new site around. Maybe the proper way to do that is to seek approval from the owners of the forum to link your website instead of sneaking around.

I rest my case, and I still don't mean any malice. You are however, welcome to keep the change if you don't feel that my response was worth 10cents :biggrin:

I think those comments should stay within PM instead of posting in public. We all love handbags, and we are here to share our joy, experiences and passion instead of criticizing each other. :flowers::smile:

There is nothing wrong with free enterprise, but I find it extremely distasteful that the seller in question seeks the help of fellow tpfers who dedicate their time to the authenticate thread, to authenticate bags that she was interested in buying in order to resell, and then flipping sell the bags at a marked up price to fellow tpfers. If she had taken the time to educate herself about the bags she is selling, I'ld respect that, but it just seems to me that all she was doing was making use of the lovely girls helping us out with authenticating handbags.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Good point:tup:

...Before the thread is closed...I wanted to add my 2 pence ( No dollars here! ;))

Everyone who sells used (or unused too for that matter) items, may it be books, clothes or bags, sells them to a higher price than they payed, otherwise they wouldn't make a profit. If I go to a second-hand bookshop and sell some old books of mine I think it's absolutely fine that they will be resold to a higher price. I mean, the book store owner takes a risk when buying the books from me, they will take up space and she might no be able to resell them to a higher price or at all. I on the other hand get my money immediately and get rid of the risk.

Then one can have opinions about how all this was handled and what not but I am not going into that.

Well, and here is My 2 Kronor....

I agree with both sides...

I think if you buy a bag from a private owner... this person most likely was intending on selling to a fellow purse lover... to give their old handbag a new home...
Otherwise there are PLENTY of places one could sell their handbag to a consignment store on line such as what is mentioned here.....

Just a side note... But how is she able to by DIRECT form Balenciaga????
that just sounds fishy to me... and sounds more like she is getting from a Drop Shipper who says they are from Balenciaga... I could be wrong... but it just sounds strange to me...

Now I will admit, that I just bought a few Pucci bags to sell here in Sweden, because you can NOT get Pucci here...
BUT, I bought these from people who had many of the Pucci bags... NOT from private owners.... the ones I did buy from private owners, are for my collection....

So I can see both sides of this....

But I have to also admit to getting upset about people going to Nordstrom sales and the Rack...and Barney's sales and selling the stuff they get for
70% off for about full retail on e-bay...
It makes it so that people who normally can not afford to have nice things who depend on those sales.. it makes it so that these people don't have a chance at having a nice pair of shoes or handbag for a discounted price....

This is NOT what those sales are intended for.... Nordstrom does not have their sales of 70% off Chanel so that that stuff can be resold in another retail market.... it is just not right in my eyes...

So, anyway.... sorry I went off an a tangent.... this was just my 2 Kronor worth....

Cheers,

Just a Gurl

PS... if you come here for authentication and then profit from such... YOU are NOT being fair....
these ladies are here to help for personal use....

If it is for retail... then goto My Poupett, and pay for the service....

Last edited:
Well, and here is My 2 Kronor....

Just a side note... But how is she able to by DIRECT form Balenciaga????
that just sounds fishy to me... and sounds more like she is getting from a Drop Shipper who says they are from Balenciaga... I could be wrong... but it just sounds strange to me...

I'm sure the website owner meant she purchases at the Balenciaga boutiques.

Again, those that collect Balenciaga bags know that some sell out quickly and are difficult to find.

I'm sure the website owner meant she purchases at the Balenciaga boutiques.

Again, those that collect Balenciaga bags know that some sell out quickly and are difficult to find.

It would maybe not be so difficult to find if the resellers weren't buying to just resell later for huge profit. It is one thing buying a bag, having it past the time that you can return it and realize you didn't want it in the end. Then sell it, but don't try to take people to the cleaners on it. What you end up with is buying a bag with the middle man and then another middle man and that makes the bags unattainable for many buyers.

I think sites online that resell used bags on consignment are legite, but a site that buys bags for the main purpose of reselling them, I think takes away from those who want to buy and use them. It just seems kinda scammy. I also think that advertising through tPF is wrong for sure. You buy up the bags then resell them at a profit. What would be a better scenario is a decent online store such as fashionphile but with a lower consignment cost so that bags can be sold more by the pros from those stores and those wanting to sell their bags don't loose almost 1/2 of their original cost. That is why so many people sell their own bags on Ebay. They can't afford to consign them.

Last edited:
As a buyer, I would love to buy from consignment stores since I know the store owners are knowledgeable and trustworthy; but I am sorry for the original owners since they probably only received 60% of the sale price. Of course, they saved the hassels to deal with selling, collecting money and shipping. However, buy low and sell high is tricky, but isn't it all business are doing that? I have to admit, there are many rare bags I love on the site but I will not touch them since their prices are too high for me. So either other buyers can afford and are willing to pay high get them, or the site owner has keep them in his/her inventory for longer.