The buyer of my bag sent me the link to their online shop

I got the same thing. I sold her my mint, never carried LE magenta around Christmas time. Today I got a link to her new site -- in a reply to an email I'd sent over the course of the sale!! Surprisingly, I don't see my bag there, though...maybe she already sold it?

The thing that aggravates me a little is that the sale was a major PITA. I had done everything I could to block non-US bidders, but she bid anyway from Canada. Then she didn't want to pay customs fees, so had me ship to her parents in the US. DHL lost the package for about a week, so I was frantic (fortunately it was insured anyway). I refunded her shipping, since she shouldn't have to pay 2 day ship for a bag that took a week.

So she tells me about the store via replying to my 4-month old refund notification. Talk about rubbing it in one's face...

I got the same thing. I sold her my mint, never carried LE magenta around Christmas time. Today I got a link to her new site -- in a reply to an email I'd sent over the course of the sale!! Surprisingly, I don't see my bag there, though...maybe she already sold it?

The thing that aggravates me a little is that the sale was a major PITA. I had done everything I could to block non-US bidders, but she bid anyway from Canada. Then she didn't want to pay customs fees, so had me ship to her parents in the US. DHL lost the package for about a week, so I was frantic (fortunately it was insured anyway). I refunded her shipping, since she shouldn't have to pay 2 day ship for a bag that took a week.

So she tells me about the store via replying to my 4-month old refund notification. Talk about rubbing it in one's face...

I just got another email tonight for that online store:wtf: I am thinking about blocking the email address. It can be very creepy when some stranger starts to bother you about Balenciaga bags!

I had a similar eBay situation. I said in my auction no international bidders but they still did a BIN. Then she had a unconfirmed Canadian address. I had to arrange to be paid by someone with a confirmed US address to ship. It was a bit annoying. I wish someone else bought it who would actually use it.

I think this is common -- people get an item on EBay at a steal and turn around and sell it at a profit. I collect Art Deco wristwatches and have about 200 of them. I sold a few on EBay to a repeat buyer and then happened upon a Web site where my buyer, who specializes in Deco watches in an online store, was selling them for four times the price.

I was sort of peeved, but then I realized, hey, that's commerce. The thing is, it just goes to show that people do get bargain prices on EBay for items that are then sold as much more "upscale." The watches were beautiful and collectible and maybe I should have opened a "store."

ITA. Some vintage and consignment stores are like that as well

Hi, all. My name is Phielle Woodward, I am based in Toronto, and I am the person behind Bag Passion. I'd like to apologize to anyone who was upset at receiving my note advising about this new site. Truly, all I wanted to do was let everyone who might be interested know about Bag Passion. Yes, I source from all over the place, definitely including eBay. I also buy from Balenciaga direct.

xx

Why would you bid on items that obviously state they're for US bidders only? That just seems disrespectful, IMO.

I'm assuming you are the person who bid on these bags, bbaglady?

I don't understand what all the fuss is about here!!

You are talking about a fellow tpf'er.

It is very simple: this member has had problems w/ ebay in the past and wanted to try something different. As you are all aware of the "love / hate" relationship w/ ebay.

She has put up an online website to sell some bbags. This site is new and she is trying to get the word out. Those of us that collect Balenciaga bags, we now have another option.

In response to the posters that were upset receiving a notice about the website, I see she has posted here and apologized. So delete the email - block the address if you feel it necessary and move on.

Look up the definition of FREE ENTERPRISE ladies!

I don't understand what all the fuss is about here!!

You are talking about a fellow tpf'er.

It is very simple: this member has had problems w/ ebay in the past and wanted to try something different. As you are all aware of the "love / hate" relationship w/ ebay.

She has put up an online website to sell some bbags. This site is new and she is trying to get the word out. Those of us that collect Balenciaga bags, we now have another option.

In response to the posters that were upset receiving a notice about the website, I see she has posted here and apologized. So delete the email - block the address if you feel it necessary and move on.

Look up the definition of FREE ENTERPRISE ladies!

I think there is a difference between "free enterprise" and being intrusive. I did not sign up or submit my email for soliciting. The only connection between the 2 of us was the sale of my Bal bag. I don't mean to flame the person or the site I just thought the situation was a little lowbrow.:shrugs: