The best day ever (well nearly)

Dear LBB, don't worry about whether your purchase is big or small, I appreciate the stories more than the actual purchases! Congrats on your pochette, and may you have many more H to come!

Agreed. I was able to imagine your wonderful experience just by your story. I'm sure you'll be coming back to Harrods for more. Congrats on the purchase. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you had a wonderful day, congratulation to your purchase really would love to see how you tie a pocket scarf to a rose. The SA at Harrods are usually very nice, have never encountered bad service there.

megsa said:
What a wonderful day with your mom and your first H purchase. Yes, I could tell the story was from your heart and was so wonderful to read. I felt like I was with you on the train ride, the tour and the wonderful experience with the sweet SA at Harrods.

Thanks, it really was a wonderful day. Glad you liked my story.

isus said:
littleblackbag, what a wonderful very personal story. I loved the train ride and the little boy and your Mum sounds so sweet.

And you made an H purchase!! It was probably a great pleasure to your SA ( Yes! now you have an SA!!) to show you these lovely H pieces and she was no doubt delighted to be able to assist you in your first H adoption!

You know i think she did enjoy showing me the bags and scarves and how to tie knots. When i said i didn't know if i would ever be able to do the corsage knot, she said "just come back to me i'll be more than happy to show you again".

Kipp said:
Your story is so captivating!!! And congratulations on the scarf!!! Isn't it wonderful to have one of those days in which everything that happens is special??? A memory and scarf to last a lifetime...

Absolutely, every time i wear my Pocket square i'll think of my lovely day with my Mum.

Accessorize*me said:
Well, your story was well worth the wait! It's so very nice to hear about other members meeting a nice SA! Thanks for sharing!

I totally want a recommendation of this SA in case I manage to make a trip there!!

I'm glad you thought it worth the wait, i was a bit worried that i had made a big thing out of nothing and people would be disappointed.

Bling&Bags said:
Wow. Littleblackbag, great story. Wish I write well like you!

Thanks sweetie. I'm glad you liked the story.

ms piggy said:
littleblackbag, you may not had a big purchase that day, but to me what's more meaningful is the apparent closeness you and your mom shares. You took time out to be with her, experiencing the entire day's events together. Life is not just about significant milestone events, but these "little" special moments that's worth cherishing.

You are so right ms piggy. My Mum has an operation coming up at the end of the month, so i really wanted to make this day special for her too.

Le Monde said:
Your Mum sounds like a great lady I'm not good at talking with strangers but I admire people who are so open and friendly. Welcome to the H world but most of all congratulations on close relationship with your Mum (I like that you use capital M)! There's nothing better than Daughter-Mum (or Dad, or Sister, or Brother) time together! These memories priceless!

btw, it was really nice of the bus driver to 'treat you' to a free ride Loving little 'human' gestures like this!

My Mum is a great lady, i haven't always appreciated her the way i should, but as i get older i appreciate her more and more. And as for talking to strangers, like i said she will talk to anyone, sometimes she gets a good response sometimes not, but she remains undeterred. And thanks for noticing the capital M. It was really nice of the bus driver to give us a freebie, the day definitely had a good vibe to it. Oh and thanks for posting pics of BP. The picture on the right was my favorite room, thats the white drawing room, and had the most stunning ceiling.

Cinderlala said:
Thank you for sharing your lovely story! I would have loved to see how the SA tied the pocket square to look like a rose!

It really did look nice. I suppose rose might be a bit of an exaggeration. it sort of resembled a rose shape. I have since tried it at home, and i did it. So happy. I thought i would never remember how to do it.

lilou, jelts, sus, lulilu, allaboutnice, lisawhit, Angelfish, mrsbaglady, Bag Dreamer, xiaoxiao, opheliaflr, Lv-nowwhat, costa, lyanna stark, melliesmom10, perogirl28, Ranag, Ernskie, mattking2000, ladyhermes I have been overwhelmed by all your kind comments and interest in my story. I'm so sorry if i've forgotten anyone.

I've just shown my DH my beloved pocket square, and shown him how to tie the corsage knot (thats what i call it). And he sat there with a completely bemused look on his face like i'm completely potty :rolleyes: which i must appear to him, raving about what he's just called a hankie :nuts: So its nice to know i can share my joy and excitement with all of you.

Whayt a lovely story littleblackbag. Thanks for sharing!!! Seems to me you are a wonderful person and your mother as well. And a good SA will enjoy your positive energy!!

Congrats - I was just admiring that pochette yesterday. Wish I had your SA to show me how to tie it. Glad you had such a great SA - it can really make a shopping experience fun!!

littleblackbag, I came back to read the rest of your story...it was so heartwarming!:tup:

And, my Mum(I have to learn from you to capitalise her) is just like yours! She talks to just anybody and I have always told myself the same stuff you tell yourself, ie. wishing she would just leave them alone!:shame: But as I grew older, I realised it's a wonderful feeling to be able to talk to strangers so openly.:yes:

Enjoy your pocket square and may more H come your way!:woohoo:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That was a really heartwarming story and I loved it. =) I'm so happy to hear what a wonderful experience you had at the H store!!! Unfortunately, not all H SAs are as nice as the one you had met!! That SA's a gem!! I hope you really enjoy your pocket square!! It sounds amazing!