The beauty of MAX MARA coats...(photos please)

Hello! I wanted your opinion on the Olea coat in black. To me it looks identical to Ludmilla but it is made of camel wool and it is lined. I already have a Manuela coat in camel colour. It’s gorgeous but it feels a bit formal and I must admit I have worn it on very few occasions. The Olea looks a bit more relaxed with the patch pockets. On the other hand, it has an A-line silhouette that I’m not sure is flattering for larger thighs.
Here it is on Mytheresa for reference https://www.mytheresa.com/euro/en/women/max-mara-olea-camel-hair-coat-black-p00847545

Reactions: Maria333
Hello! I wanted your opinion on the Olea coat in black. To me it looks identical to Ludmilla but it is made of camel wool and it is lined. I already have a Manuela coat in camel colour. It’s gorgeous but it feels a bit formal and I must admit I have worn it on very few occasions. The Olea looks a bit more relaxed with the patch pockets. On the other hand, it has an A-line silhouette that I’m not sure is flattering for larger thighs.
Here it is on Mytheresa for reference https://www.mytheresa.com/euro/en/women/max-mara-olea-camel-hair-coat-black-p00847545
Beautiful coat with a timeless silhouette! I love that it has a slightly oversized fit. Not sure if the a-line will accentuate larger hips. I think if it's returnable it's worth ordering to try it on.

Reactions: caryatid
This is an embarrassing question, but I'll ask anyway: I found a coat on eBay that the seller identified as a "Max Mara" (with the quotation marks) for $225 with shipping. It just arrived--it fits--I like it. But I'm not sure it's authentic, and I love to have some opinions from people who know the brand. The buttons don't say Max Mara--and the lining is plain black, without the logo. (I have two other MM coats that I bought from Max Mara in the 90s; even those older coats have the logo). The quality feels good, if not quite as luxurious as my old ones. I'm wondering if it's even possible that it could be real without the logo lining. (If questions like these aren't okay on this part of the site, apologies! I'll understand if it's deleted by moderators--)

(Just tried to move this message to the Max Mara authentication thread--but I think I've bungled it. Apologies for the duplicate posting.)

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpeg
    s-l1600.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 23
  • s-l140-2.jpeg
    s-l140-2.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 22
  • s-l140-1.jpeg
    s-l140-1.jpeg
    3.5 KB · Views: 22
  • s-l140.jpeg
    s-l140.jpeg
    2.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
It's hard to say from the photos, the coat is dark, so I can't really see how the fabric drapes. But it seems like it fits you well. Do you like it? Do you feel like you want to wear it right away? Usually if I don't feel like I really want to start wearing it like right now, it's not the piece that is worth keeping.