~The Bachelorette: Emily Maynard~

I haven't watched in a few seasons, and especially because I am suppose to be boycotting all things abc reality because of the soap cancellations! But I was bored tonight, and it was the first thing I came across on demand...and I liked Emily.

Personally I thought the dad was too easy. And sad to say but with all the things I've heard about this franchise, I thought the letter from the son was underhanded. Whether it was from the kid, the dad put the kid up to it, or abc did it...i just highly doubt a 10 yr old boy who's dad was going on a tv show would come up with that. And if he did, I wasn't impressed that the dad exploited his kid the first night to pull on Emily's heart strings. The guys all come up with gimmicks to make a first impression, and the guy used his son.

Her ex fiancé died in a plane crash. So it wasn't really because his career but because of his career requiring him to travel. He was very sweet though and asked her in the first episode, and she said she was fine with it. I would hope if she wasn't, abc wouldn't have even given him a chance. Especially since I heard he had connections with the show which was how he got on.

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

a couple of points from your post above:

1) i must be jaded b/c i found that "letter" from a 10 year old to be scripted as well. i will say, last week, i didn't think the dad was cute but he looked hot with the black fitted tee while reading the date card.

2) you're right! he did die in a plane crash so it's a different circumstance in a way. plus she may miss the racing world.

unrelated to your post:

3) Chris has a weird smile. His teeth are like the Ken doll.

4) i'm only 10m in and slightly bored already. :Push:

5) Ryan was not feeling "so lucky" as he claimed to be while dropping off the choc chip cookies. i LOL'd at that.

6) I like Charlie

7) it's more noticeable now since we see Em more that she's a bit boring, no? :Push:

Last edited:
i really like charlie, arie, and doug, for her.

and kalon and sean for me.. hehehe:smile:

i agree that she's sort of boring.. maybe a single mom isn't the best for the show. however, i'm still addicted!

STEVIE MUST GO

Did anyone catch her on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night? Although I'm not a fan of Kathy Griffin at least she helped make the interview a bit more interesting. Otherwise, it would have been a snooze fest if it only had been Emily. At least now Ashley H. isn't as "boring" in comparison :biggrin:

i really like charlie, arie, and doug, for her.

and kalon and sean for me.. hehehe:smile:

i agree that she's sort of boring.. maybe a single mom isn't the best for the show. however, i'm still addicted!

STEVIE MUST GO

I like Charlie and Sean too -- both seem very laid back and sweet. And are hot! :graucho: Charlie is a friend of Dan Uggla (from the Atlanta Braves). Apparently it was Dan's porch that he fell from and had his accident. Chris is sweet too, but seems a little too awkward.

I like Emily and think she's beautiful, but she lacks personality or something?? She's always talking in the same monotone and never gets excited about anything. Or at least from what I've seen so far. I don't know, the show is starting to drag a bit......

I like Charlie and Sean too.

I wonder if she has tried to hard to represent the Hendrick family well(since they are apparently helping support their grandchild), that her personality has become very controlled? Nothing seems very natural or unscripted for her, but it's got to be tough being the Bachelorette as well as a single mom.

Did anyone catch her on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night? Although I'm not a fan of Kathy Griffin at least she helped make the interview a bit more interesting. Otherwise, it would have been a snooze fest if it only had been Emily. At least now Ashley H. isn't as "boring" in comparison :biggrin:

I did! I was expecting Kathy to have teased Emily a tad more.

How does Emily afford to be a SAHM and live luxuriously? She's boring because her world seems fixiated on raising Ricki and indulgence in self pity, at least that's how I see it. Unlike say Tila Tequila in her couple of dating series, Emily seems intent on keeping her emotions hidden and puts on a Barbie doll façade for distraction. Or really has little else of interest to share. Perhaps she will open up more in subsequent episodes or I will just skip them and watch the finale.

Didn't the trailer for the recent episode show Emily yelling "get the f* out" to somebody? Didn't seem to notice that scene last episode or did I miss it? To whom was it directed?