The artsy club!

CONGRATULATIONS :smile: your going to just luv it. I would luv to hear how the strap works out for you.

To begin with, shame on me: I got my artsy more because it was a good deal. I nerver wanted a bag with vachetta...perhaps even with patina, wear and tear.
But the moment I took her out of the box I fell in love :biggrin:

About the extrastrap:
After some days in use I can say the strap works very well for me. It is narrow but with the shoulderpad it's pretty ok on my shoulder - and I carry a lot.
I wanted a strap in monogram. My bag has massive patina and I did not find a preloved strap that would fit.
Furthermore I did not like the dominant look (of too much) of the vachetta with the bigger keepall-strap - I wanted the beautiful braided Strap to take center stage.
But - unfortenately - I knew the clasps of the "small" monogram strap one are bit too small for the rings of the artsy...
Well, as my artsy is an very old lady with cracks and wear - have I already mentioned that I love her anyway? :biggrin: - and I got her practically for free, I tried out on the clasp on the leather string if I could file it a little bit so it would fit.
Surprise, it was 10 sec with a nailfile and a tiny amount and it is barely visible...as can see on the pic.

I reversed the shoulderpad because I didn't like the lightbrown rubber bottomside of it shown prominent when I let the strap hang down and carry her by the braided strap.

I really like the easy style which is possible with the strap :smile:

Here, the comparsion one clasp filed:

Attachments

• IMG_20171107_131759.jpg
    IMG_20171107_131759.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 988
  • IMG_20171109_075720~01(1).jpg
    IMG_20171109_075720~01(1).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 979
  • IMG_20171109_114505~01.jpg
    IMG_20171109_114505~01.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 976
  • 1510232292593.jpg
    1510232292593.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 990
To begin with, shame on me: I got my artsy more because it was a good deal. I nerver wanted a bag with vachetta...perhaps even with patina, wear and tear.

About the extrastrap:
After some days in use I can say the strap works very well for me. It is narrow but with the shoulderpad it's pretty ok on my shoulder - and I carry a lot.
I wanted a strap in monogram. My bag has massive patina and I did not find a preloved strap that would fit.
Furthermore I did not like the dominant look (of too much) of the vachetta with the bigger keepall-strap - I wanted the beautiful braided Strap to take center stage.
But - unfortenately - I knew the clasps of the "small" monogram strap one are bit too small for the rings of the artsy...
Well, as my artsy is an very old lady with cracks and wear - have I already mentioned that I love her anyway? :biggrin: - and I got her practically for free, I tried out on the clasp on the leather string if I could file it a little bit so it would fit.
Surprise, it was 10 sec with a nailfile and a tiny amount and it is barely visible...as can see on the pic.

I reversed the shoulderpad because I didn't like the lightbrown rubber bottomside of it shown prominent when I let the strap hang down and carry her by the braided strap.

Aren't you concerned that this will ruin your hardware? I feel like the gold rings will get all scratched up!

Aren't you concerned that this will ruin your hardware? I feel like the gold rings will get all scratched up!

My bag as said is old and has wear and tear and the ring-colour goes a bit gold to silver from the original handle if one examines it closely - like it's polshed away...so no, I'm relaxed.
Basically I do not even think that the clasps do a lot of harm because this bag is from 2010 and there is every kind of wear and tear exept scratches on the rings.

About the extrastrap:

You are soo right, the mono strap looks just gorgeous. luv luv luv :smile:

Reactions: Sferics
My bag as said is old and has wear and tear and the ring-colour goes a bit gold to silver from the original handle if one examines it closely - like it's polshed away...so no, I'm relaxed.
Basically I do not even think that the clasps do a lot of harm because this bag is from 2010 and there is every kind of wear and tear exept scratches on the rings.
I wouldn’t think it would cause no more harm than adding charms to our bags.

Reactions: Sferics
I agree--the Tuilieres Basace hardware/ shoulder strap is similar to the Artsy and also comes with a longer cross body strap. Just realized that i was I browsing the LV site :smile:

Oh, you are right - I didn't realise this bag has quasi the same suspension!
I guess the rings are made durable in case of scratches because they are in a metal-eyelet anyway.

Charms are not weight-bearing though. That would be the difference. I think it's great that you found a solution that works for you. Sorry, I missed the posts about this being an older bag.
The charms still swing back an forth, that eventually could cause rubbing on the hardware as well as the canvas. Could cause an issue with time. They also have the ability to get caught on things as we carry our bags. It’s all on what each of us want to accessorize our bags with. All beautiful