the Angelina Jolie thread

seems really young to make clothing choices. a child that age can barely even dress themselves successfully. its more likely that an adult made the choice to dress the girl in 'boy' clothes ... perhaps its some sort of 'social experiment.'
I wouldn't be surprised if that was an area of contention in their marriage. Angelina does not look like someone you would want to argue with.

Reactions: prettyprincess
my DD hated pink and frilly, girly dresses
as soon as she turned 2 she would flatly refuse to collaborate if she didn’t like the clothes
and she wore short hair and her brother’s hand me downs not because of any social experiment but because they were quality and money was tight
she is 18 now
so she doesn't dress like a boy now I assume?

I am going to say this and i don't care if I get reamed. Shiloh is adorable, beautiful....there is no way as a toddler she chose to dress like a boy. my son did not have the any interest in what he wore at that age other than it being comfortable. People can pick this apart all they want but she , Brad or the both of them made the decision early on that she would be dressed like a boy.....and that is all she knows....AJ does have some form of some mental issue happening. She did when she was young and unless she has had any extensive therapy, those issues remain and have manifested in other ways.....Sorry not sorry.

At that young age it makes you wonder if she "broke out of it" or if it was imposed upon her. How many parents here let their four-year-olds choose all their own clothes? Or do you choose clothing for your young children because you're the parent and that's your job?

Is part of her identity to be unacquainted with a hairbrush as well?
also back when I was young we inherited clothes from older sibling, relatives or friends. even when one is a girl, she can re-wear the clothes of a boy without looking like a boy. its about how to style and mix the pieces.

Reactions: anitalilac
as soon as she turned 2 she would flatly refuse to collaborate if she didn’t like the clothes
and she wore short hair and her brother’s hand me downs not because of any social experiment but because they were quality and money was tight
she is 18 now
I have an older sister, she got dressed /dressed herself very girly, so of course I hated all the girly stuff. But I never looked like a boy. I had years with short hair, too. I remember I had 2 pink or red jumpers, I never wore them, I loved blue. But looking at old pictures, one wouldn't say I looked like a boy.

At that young age it makes you wonder if she "broke out of it" or if it was imposed upon her. How many parents here let their four-year-olds choose all their own clothes? Or do you choose clothing for your young children because you're the parent and that's your job?

Is part of her identity to be unacquainted with a hairbrush as well?
I have a 4year old and decided that fighting about clothing and hairstyle choice was not a battle I had the energy to fight, so she picks out her own clothes, I even take her shopping to avoid wasting money on clothes she has no interest in wearing. The only difference is that my child loves dresses so I don't have people insinuating that I'm imposing clothing choices on her... Does it happen? Maybe.That doesn't mean Angelina is doing it though

she is 18 now

Thank you for sharing this :smile: I don’t know many two-year-olds that are interested in their clothing choices & that is what I based my statement on.

Also, I think you can see how your situation was a little different than Angie’s. Someone who has to wear hand-me-downs because of family finances vs a very wealthy child who can wear designer baby clothes if that’s what the parents chose.

Reactions: pukasonqo and imgg
Just to chim in a bit on toddler and their clothes. I have a 7 years old DD who I let her pick out her own clothes since she was 3 or 4. I’m quite a tomboy myself, always in pants, so her wardrobe has lot of pants. She also has a bit of dresses coz who can resist those cutesy outfits. She has a phase of wearing all dresses and tutu and a phase of wearing all pants. There’s even a phase that she thought wearing dresses made her seemed weaker than wearing pants, but one of her instructors (a tough woman who went through 3 cancers herself), told her that being tough isn’t all about clothes but the attitude and how she carry herself. These days, she has quite a balance wardrobe of pants and dresses. And she picks her outfit of the day based on her activities. If she’s going rock climbing, she’ll be in pants, but if she’s going to some fancy events, it’s all dresses.

I think the kids can think. But the guidance they receive along the way is also very important.

. These days, she has quite a balance wardrobe of pants and dresses. And she picks her outfit of the day based on her activities. If she’s going rock climbing, she’ll be in pants, but if she’s going to some fancy events, it’s all dresses.

I think the kids can think. But the guidance they receive along the way is also very important.
That is exactly right. Kids need guidance, structure, rules and love. Allowing kids to raise themselves is partly why we are in the self-entitled era that everyone complains about.

I don't think Shiloh could pick out her clothing at birth. Having her in blue at that age is quite the coincidence that as a toddler she also picked out boys clothes. From what I can see those kids life is all about AJ. They need to be in school, have hobbies, friends etc. not jetting off to AJ next photo op. It's really sad.

They also adopted Zahara not long after Shiloh was born, correct? It seems Zahara gets to be the girly girl of the family.

shiloh-jolie-pitt-2nd-birthday-07.jpg

Shiloh+Jolie+Pitt+Angelina+Jolie+Kids+New+vPjArkHlvyBl.jpg

8Angelina-Jolie-071311-Splash-444x560.jpg

Reactions: prettyprincess
these old photos are kinda scary. Shiloh got dressed in what you could call boys clothes while the sister gets dressed in girly clothes. what does this say about the relationship of AJ and Shiloh? After these pics I would agree with the ones saying that there is no space for another beauty besides AJ. Since Shilohs birth everyone said how adorable she looked and that she is beautiful. Anyone remembers Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?

these old photos are kinda scary. Shiloh got dressed in what you could call boys clothes while the sister gets dressed in girly clothes. what does this say about the relationship of AJ and Shiloh? After these pics I would agree with the ones saying that there is no space for another beauty besides AJ. Since Shilohs birth everyone said how adorable she looked and that she is beautiful. Anyone remembers Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?
I hope you're wrong
The thing is it's not just her clothes; it's the hair and everything. We'll see as she matures. She's going to grow into a young woman and she will decide whether to cover it up or to be a beautiful young woman.

Reactions: myown