the Angelina Jolie thread

First you say its probably not her who is calling the press than you say she is obligated to and I'm the one who doesn't understand how it works...

Doesn't mean she her self who call the press. UNHCR gives her a team to work on the issue. Jeez! I don't know what she did took you that you hate her so much. I'm not a fan of her but I like people who bring out issues to our attention.

I think of her as an actress. Her UN work is the last to come to mind when I think of her.
And she is a mother who adopts and made a nice family.

Her early stuff was good, "Changeling" was terrific stuff and then she directed "Unbroken", that was good. But that last movie with Brad Pitt. I ran to go see it, but it was only in the theaters for like a week.
See, I'm quite the opposite. I don't really watch her movies and can only name a handful, but what I think about most is her humanitarian work. And yes, as some have pointed out, it may be all staged et cetera, but for all intents and purposes, I'm grateful that she at least bringing attention to the plight of the refugees. It's the reason why I liked, as in admired, the late Princess Di too. Again, it may have all been to create a Mother Theresa type of persona (ultimately none of us will ever truly know), but unlike so many in the spotlight, she too created an awareness for those in society, otherwise shunned.

Check out the link I posted. Plenty of pics of her without makeup. And more importantly: what on earth does make up have to do with her work?? Goodness, the reaching is unbelievable.
This was mentioned up thread. This is just an example that no matter what AJ does, she will never be appreciated by those who do not like her nor respect her.
My aunt volunteered for years with Medecins sans frontieres and she always wore make up. No one ever complained.

This was mentioned up thread. This is just an example that no matter what AJ does, she will never be appreciated by those who do not like her nor respect her.
My aunt volunteered for years with Medecins sans frontieres and she always wore make up. No one ever complained.
Oh God, I hope no one starts casting aspersions on MSF now. Such amazing work they do. A-mazing!