The Amazing Alexa Club...

Hi I’m new to the forum and I bought the Charcoal OS Alexa today which I loved in store but now I’m wondering if I should have got Chestnut instead. Any opinions on which is more versatile? Which would you choose? Thanks!

Hi I’m new to the forum and I bought the Charcoal OS Alexa today which I loved in store but now I’m wondering if I should have got Chestnut instead. Any opinions on which is more versatile? Which would you choose? Thanks!
Hi and Happy New Year!
This is all personal preference but such a nice dilemma to have !
( As this is a Purse forum, there is always a bit of ‘enabling’ ;)

These 2 Alexas are my only Mulberry bags thus far but I love them and I know I will get so much use from both colors (chestnut and black/black hardware) as these are both ‘basic neutrals’ (I admit my color palette is timid and essentially tan/white/beige/black/grey)

I thought I would be content with just one Alexa in black but then a week later I returned to the Mulberry store and I bought its chestnut sibling with the intention of using: black in the winter months and chestnut during the summer/autumn months. I thought a black bag would look ‘too heavy’ during the summer months.
IMG_2298.jpeg

Note: I bought these in December 2023 so I am now on an extended bag ban for 2024. I have to say ‘No’ to Lily for now ;)

I got hit pretty hard by the Mulberry bug after the previous creative director Johnny Coca left Mulberry and I like the understated luxury appeal synonymous with this brand. I am also thrilled with the focus on sustainability (‘made to last’ philosophy) rather than chasing every new trend. I hope that Mulberry continues to find its footing in this crazy competitive luxury business.

I :heart:Mulberry even more than the over-priced Chanel /Hermes/LV bags collecting dust in my closet (I know this is blasphemy and I apologize to any who love LV/Hermes/Chanel):flowers:
The Mulberry leathers are wonderful and such a good buy.

Last edited:
Hi and Happy New Year!

These 2 Alexas are my only Mulberry bags thus far but I love them and I know I will get so much use from both colors (chestnut and black/black hardware) as these are both ‘basic neutrals’ (I admit my color palette is timid and essentially tan/white/beige/black/grey)

I thought I would be content with just one Alexa in black but then a week later I returned to the Mulberry store and I bought its chestnut sibling with the intention of using: black in the winter months and chestnut during the summer/autumn months. I thought a black bag would look ‘too heavy’ during the summer months.
View attachment 5921604

Note: I bought these in December 2023 so I am now on an extended bag ban for 2024. I have to say ‘No’ to Lily for now ;)

I got hit pretty hard by the Mulberry bug after the previous creative director Johnny Coca left Mulberry and I like the understated luxury appeal synonymous with this brand. I am also thrilled with the focus on sustainability (‘made to last’ philosophy) rather than chasing every new trend. I hope that Mulberry continues to find its footing in this crazy competitive luxury business.

I :heart:Mulberry even more than the over-priced Chanel /Hermes/LV bags collecting dust in my closet (I know this is blasphemy and I apologize to any who love LV/Hermes/Chanel):flowers:
Love your bags! How do you deal with the weight? I have a mini Alexa but would love a bigger one too..

Reactions: weezer
Love your bags! How do you deal with the weight? I have a mini Alexa but would love a bigger one too..
Hi, thank you :smile: I have the ‘regular’ size (in addition to the ‘Mini’ size there is also the ‘Oversized’ which I did not try on in the store).

I generally buy ‘big’ bags relative to mini bags so I guess I am used to the weight, haha!
Yes, the Regular size can get pretty heavy if you load it up!
(For frame of reference , I still have my old Chloe Paddington with that gigantic padlock and Chloe Marcie which are even heavier)

But I will say that Mulberry’s beautiful thick leather with suede interior (unlined) off-sets the inconvenience of weight in my personal opinion. :smile::heart:

Reactions: 24shaz and ivdw
😊 Thank you! My family loves Alexa more than the LV Pochette Metis empreinte (yes I have lately acquired a fondness for ‘school satchel’ type of bags :love:)

(Is it silly to get another Alexa in the chest nut color since I already have my gorgeous black color ?

The price point for all brands has unfortunately increased exponentially with increased cost of living and while this is still a luxury expense, Mulberry has a comparatively better price-point while still maintaining excellent quality.

Mulberry is admittedly not a well-known brand here but that adds more to the appeal of its low-key, timeless appeal. I definitely look forward to visiting the Mulberry store when I am in that area ❤️

I have three Alexa's (two oversized and one regular) and I've always loved the satchel style and always owned an Alexa. She prevented me from buying the Pochette Metis in empreinte. I just need one more Alexa...the mini.
I don't think you could go wrong with a chestnut Alexa but I'm clearly the wrong one to answer this question lol!

• Love
Hi and Happy New Year!

View attachment 5921604

Gorgeous bag!! I am just rediscovering Mulberry, after having a Phoebe in chocolate over a decade ago. I wish I could find one of those again. Do you feel the black hardware may scratch? I can’t decide on the black or the brass!

Gorgeous bag!! I am just rediscovering Mulberry, after having a Phoebe in chocolate over a decade ago. I wish I could find one of those again. Do you feel the black hardware may scratch? I can’t decide on the black or the brass!
Hi! I just got the Alexa in black hardware last month so it may be too soon to tell but so far, so good!

I read somewhere on the Mulberry forum that if there is concern for potential scratches on hardware, one option is hardware protectors from
havredeluxe (see below) from the U.K.?
I personally haven’t used it yet.
Hope this helps!

IMG_2308.jpeg

Outdoor shot of Alexa in the sunshine.
View attachment 5917210

Thank you again for letting me share, I am thrilled and honored to finally join the Mulberry Alexa club, it has been a long time coming :flowers:
Stay well and Happy holidays to all :heart:
I just bought this exact bag, but noticed mine only has the Mulberry writing engraved on the strap hooks and buckle. The buckles of the front straps are just matte black without engraving, so just wonder if yours is the same?

Anyone have a Lawn Green Alexa? Wondering how you've paired it/how the leather has worn. Hoping it isn't a colour that will pick up colour transfer. Just bought a brand new one for a great price online and can't wait for it to arrive :blush:

Anyone have a Lawn Green Alexa? Wondering how you've paired it/how the leather has worn. Hoping it isn't a colour that will pick up colour transfer. Just bought a brand new one for a great price online and can't wait for it to arrive :blush:

Check out HandbagHolic on YouTube. She has this bag and has done some videos on how to style it. Enjoy your lovely new bag!

Does anyone have 3 or more Alexas in the same size but in different colors?
I have 2 thus far in the updated heavy grain leathers (Black with black metalware and Chestnut) in the regular size.

I am about to push the ‘order’ button for another one in Mulberry Green.:blush:?

I have no green color in my bag collection (yet)

I like the idea of rotating colors depending on season/wardrobe rather than wearing one bag all the time ?

(My family members are rolling their eyes )

**Seriously I love Mulberry (also Proenza Schouler )bags for my new job and I do not feel like I have a ‘bulls eye’ on my back thanks to the lack of conspicuous logos yet this is definitely a luxury bag for those ‘if you know you know’ folks.

Thank you for reading this :heart: First world problem yes but I am grateful as always

Reactions: gichca21
Does anyone have 3 or more Alexas in the same size but in different colors?
I have 2 thus far in the updated heavy grain leathers (Black with black metalware and Chestnut) in the regular size.

I am about to push the ‘order’ button for another one in Mulberry Green.:blush:?

I have no green color in my bag collection (yet)

I like the idea of rotating colors depending on season/wardrobe rather than wearing one bag all the time ?

(My family members are rolling their eyes )

**Seriously I love Mulberry (also Proenza Schouler )bags for my new job and I do not feel like I have a ‘bulls eye’ on my back thanks to the lack of conspicuous logos yet this is definitely a luxury bag for those ‘if you know you know’ folks.

Thank you for reading this :heart: First world problem yes but I am grateful as always
I have 3 mini Alexa’s in black chestnut and pink and I love them. If you absolutely love a bag, why not get them in different colours? 😅

Pushed the ‘order’ button! Now waiting to pick it up at my local Nordstrom store next week :tup:

Yes this bag style works so well for me !

Mulberry green looks beautiful in the online photos, not too ‘bright’ but dark enough to be used as a neutral.

(There are no Mulberry shops in the Western U.S. , the last stand-alone shop was in Santa Clara, California but now gone)

Reactions: 24shaz and Ellie87