The Agenda Club

Hello lovelies! I’m fairly new to the LV world having only gotten my first piece in July of this year. I ordered a GM mono agenda a few days ago that will be arriving tomorrow (squee!) and was wondering if it’s a bad idea or even possible to put a vinyl sticker on the front of the canvas? Like the kind that you have to peel the paper off the back and use a credit card to get it to stick. I ordered a couple for a planner I’m no longer going to use and I do love them and don’t want them to go to waste.

I don’t ever plan on selling the agenda but I also don’t want to ruin it. Any advice? I’ll attach a picture for an example of what I’d like to do. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• 00A3229D-92FB-477F-AB81-77202F4FB8FB.jpeg
    00A3229D-92FB-477F-AB81-77202F4FB8FB.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 792
Reactions: Jeny09
Hello lovelies! I’m fairly new to the LV world having only gotten my first piece in July of this year. I ordered a GM mono agenda a few days ago that will be arriving tomorrow (squee!) and was wondering if it’s a bad idea or even possible to put a vinyl sticker on the front of the canvas? Like the kind that you have to peel the paper off the back and use a credit card to get it to stick. I ordered a couple for a planner I’m no longer going to use and I do love them and don’t want them to go to waste.

I don’t ever plan on selling the agenda but I also don’t want to ruin it. Any advice? I’ll attach a picture for an example of what I’d like to do. Thanks in advance!!
Tiffany White can make some that won't harm the canvas. You can find her on facebook on my agenda love page. Hope this helps.

So my new to me agenda LOOKS perfect, BUT it smells like mothballs! Has anyone gotten that smell out of CANVAS? All the threads I researched talked about the smell on the lining of bags, but not the canvas :sad:

Did it come from Japan by any chance?
This is what she told me after I told her there was a bad smell (she had told me there was not a smell before I bought it by the way as I specifically asked), "Your agenda actually came from TX. However, the seller most likely got it from Japan".

Is there anything that I can do? I have researched for hours and feel like there will be nothing to get rid of it. To placate the seller, I put it in a ziplock bag with two dryer sheets and will let it sit for 48 hours, but I don't think it will take the smell away. I also said I would buy Ozium that she suggested, even though I don't think I should have to purchase items to get rid of a smell that I was not informed of. It is in such great condition that I am willing to try purchasing one item.

This is what she told me after I told her there was a bad smell (she had told me there was not a smell before I bought it by the way as I specifically asked), "Your agenda actually came from TX. However, the seller most likely got it from Japan".

Is there anything that I can do? I have researched for hours and feel like there will be nothing to get rid of it. To placate the seller, I put it in a ziplock bag with two dryer sheets and will let it sit for 48 hours, but I don't think it will take the smell away. I also said I would buy Ozium that she suggested, even though I don't think I should have to purchase items to get rid of a smell that I was not informed of. It is in such great condition that I am willing to try purchasing one item.

I just had this same problem with a seller. Bought a trousse through a FB group and it smells awful. Tried to be polite and notify the seller that it has a storage/moth ball smell. Got defensive said no returns it's used what did you expcet, went through PayPal and did a dispute saying that it was listed as no foul smell and it had a strong foul smell. I'm super sensitive to smells and asked the seller before purchasing that it said no foul smells but I Want to make sure it has no smells, told it didn't. Figured I'm using PayPal I'm protected. NOT!!! Paypal denied my dispute which totally blew my mind. I'm trying baking soda and some downy unstoppables in two little open containers zipped up. I'm on vacay for a couple weeks. I'm hoping when I get back it's better. Please share if you find a solution.

Reactions: p3b
So my new to me agenda LOOKS perfect, BUT it smells like mothballs! Has anyone gotten that smell out of CANVAS? All the threads I researched talked about the smell on the lining of bags, but not the canvas :sad:
I would put it in a bag with a box of opened baking soda. I purchased a pre-loved pochette assessories that had that smell too. I tried fabric sheets inside and baking soda. It took a week of sitting in a bag outside on the patio to get rid of the smell but was worth it.

I understand that sellers in Japan use mothballs to cover up mildew/musty odors so I would make sure there is no evidence of mildew. If it appears to be clean, wipe it down with Zero (I got it from BB&B) or Fabreze or some other odor neutralizer. Then moisturize it with a clean cloth and let it dry completely in open air. Then put it into a ziplock with the dryer sheets or the Downey laundry beads (do not let the agenda touch these laundry products). Then let it sit for at least a week in the sealed bag. Depending on how deeply embedded the odor, this could take a few tries, But persistence and patience will pay off. Eventually. I had a little vintage wallet that was never used that must have been stored away in a chest in the basement- it was part of an estate sale. Anyway, it wreaked of a mildew odor- since I got it for such a good price, I figured I would try to get rid of the odor. It took almost a month to get it to the point I was not embarrassed to carry it or worry the odor would transfer. But it is perfect now and there is no lingering smell. Another thing to keep in mind is to store it with air circulation so this does not happen again,

Reactions: simplyhappy and p3b
I would put it in a bag with a box of opened baking soda. I purchased a pre-loved pochette assessories that had that smell too. I tried fabric sheets inside and baking soda. It took a week of sitting in a bag outside on the patio to get rid of the smell but was worth it.

I can’t put it outside with all the rain but will try baking soda

Wow, I can’t believe all these stories about irresponsible sellers and odors. I just picked up a preloved leather item and it reeks of perfume! I too asked prior to buying if it had any odors or smells, and she said No. lol. I’m saving these tips, thanks everyone and good luck!