That "special feeling"...

Twelve months! That is my limit of leaving unused things in my wardrobe. (yours might be different, 6 months, 2 years?) If after that I still don't want to use it , chances are I never will as it will look wrong or it doesn't fit my lifestyle or I just don't want it any more. My mother has a vintage CHANEL bag, from the 80's I think, she NEVER uses it now. It just looks wrong and aging on her, even though my sister and I love to borrow it. So don't think that because you like a style now, you will always. I think in reality fashions do change and certain items will no longer work. The cambon line for instance, I mean do you still carry it? On the other hand I do think the silver reissue still has life in it so do not be in a hurry to 'let go'.

Gosh, don't sell it if you don't have to. That DS is a very special color-- a warm DS that goes with so much. Also, based on your pic, it looks like it's the only metallic in your collection? It's good to have one metallic, I think. Also, maybe you will get that special feeling back! I also thought about selling my black metallic reissue for a LONG time (over 6 months). Now I am so glad I didn't though!! First of all, the prices have increased so it's like we "made money" (not really but you know what I mean) and second, they don't seem to be making metallic reissues anymore. Finally, your bag is a HG for many (the most desirable DS) and if you regret it later on, it will be really hard to replace. My black metallic isn't nearly as rare and I don't see it that often in the same combo (black metallic and shiny pewter hw). (More reason to be glad I didn't sell it). On the other hand, if you need the money, then be ruthless and just let it go. There will always be something pretty you can buy even if it's not the same exact thing. ;)

Good luck in your decision!!

Awhhh that is so sweet of your hubby! I think you and just about everyone else here is right.. I'll wait a little longer and see how I feel about it later. Thanks so much for responding to my SOS :smile:

Why? honey? Are you sure? I may not be the best person to say because I still love my 07 DS 225 so much as it's my first chanel & a very special one that's gifted by DH. This color matches anything & it can be dressed up & down. Do you really need to sell the bag because you didn't use it often? Maybe you should take it out for a week or so & see how you feel again later. I hope you will keep it as this is one special color & it seems it's not going to reissue more in the near future. Think twice & don't rush to make a decision now!~

One thing you said that really struck me was [/B]You might have to be okay with the fact that maybe you'll never be as in love with the bag as you once were... but that doesn't mean you still don't love your. :P [/B]. Maybe you're right. Something to think about. Also, I too have been feeling kind of bleck lately... could explain how I feel about my bags lately.

Aww, A, I understand. :hugs: I don't think you should rush to sell it though, because you may regret it. Just think... for a long time you had that special feeling every time you used it and now that feeling hasn't been there for a relatively shorter period of time... it could be phase that'll pass.

If you sell it now, you will have a hard time finding it again. I wouldn't keep the bag simply because it's rare, and if you need the money you should sell it... but if you're selling it just because you don't feel the same way you did before, well, that feeling may pass. You might have to be okay with the fact that maybe you'll never be as in love with the bag as you once were... but that doesn't mean you still don't love your. :P I really don't know what to say... but sometimes the way we feel about bags reflects the way we feel about everything else in life (which has happened to me). In any case, good luck deciding! :flowers:

Ladies.. thanks so much for taking the time to post a reply to my thread. I really do appreciate it. I'm terribly jetlagged at the moment and about to pass out. Anyways to cut a long story short, I've decided to keep my baby for at least a couple of months more, then decide. Love you girls lots!!

I kind of know how you feel cos I have the same sort of feeling for some of my LV and Balenciaga. I would keep the reissue flap if it was me because that bag is hard to come by especially in mint condition.

As you mentioned before, you don't really need the money, I would just leave it for now until you know for sure that you can part with it. I don't want you to have remorse after. :biggrin:

I have to agree with fieryfashionist, I love most of my bags and most of them probably get carried once a month if lucky. I use the same bag when I go to work from Mon - Fri, and only change bags on the weekends and evenings. But at times, I am home on the weekend, so I don't need to change bags at all. Since I LOVE buying and collecting bags, that's the choice I made.

But for the ones that I know I won't be carrying in the near future, I would definitely sell them so that I can buy something else! :P

This seems to be a theme on the board of late. Maybe it's sensory overload; who knows. OR perhaps someone put something in the water supply?

To the OP, hang onto it until you are absolutely positive, without a doubt ready to send it packing to a new home. When it's time, you will know. (No doubt about it.)

ITA!!! I think we are overloaded with new "things". Enjoy what u have. Re-establish that connection with your HG. Or maybe even buy a new stunning outfit to go with it instead of another new bag :graucho:

But don't let her go until you are 100000000% positive u will not cry once you seal that box.

Twelve months! That is my limit of leaving unused things in my wardrobe. (yours might be different, 6 months, 2 years?) If after that I still don't want to use it , chances are I never will as it will look wrong or it doesn't fit my lifestyle or I just don't want it any more. My mother has a vintage CHANEL bag, from the 80's I think, she NEVER uses it now. It just looks wrong and aging on her, even though my sister and I love to borrow it. So don't think that because you like a style now, you will always. I think in reality fashions do change and certain items will no longer work. The cambon line for instance, I mean do you still carry it? On the other hand I do think the silver reissue still has life in it so do not be in a hurry to 'let go'.

ITA! Except that I do keep my evening bags even when I don't use them in 12 months. Mainly because I can't help myself and some of them, like my McQueen skull clutch, are almost decorative sitting in my closet!

I would keep it until you are absolutely sure that you don't want it anymore. I also have some bags that I haven't used enough but have no intention of selling (unless I really needed to financially), some bags are just meant to look pretty! hehehe I guess that I just get too sentimental with my bags.:blush:

KEEP IT! If you don't, that "feeling" will come back once it's gone. Those feelings always fade away after we have the items we really desire (our HGs) because then we move onto new HGs....but we still can't get rid of a previous HG!!! Just remember how badly you wanted it at one point!!! That's just my opinion!!! Good luck!

something to think about--have you ever sold a bag before? if so, did you regret it? i have sold a few bags before and never regretted it, always using the funds for a bag i liked better, but i was absolutely sure before i did it. since you don't have your eye on anything else in particular i would wait until i was sure. if you have sold bags before b/c you felt like this and never regretted it, i wouldn't worry as much. good luck!