THAMES what do we think?

We got the Thames GM for my MIL and she loves it! It's very comfy. The zipper only waves when you overstuff it. I think it's a beautiful bag and perfect if you think the Galliera is too big!

I am surprised that the Thames would be a Holy Grail for someone, don't take that the wrong way, but I consider HG bags Ltd. or rare LV bags. I have a friend that has the Thames, it is a nice bag, but I really prefer the Mono Galliera.

I'm surpised that you're surprised. HG's are different for everyone. A lot of people consider the Speedy to be their HG. ;)

To the OP, I think the Thames is a great althernative to the Galliera (my personal fav). Happy Shopping!! :smile:

Go look at it IRl and then you will know...

No offense, but I really don't like this bag. Another poster put it as "too mature"... this is what I think. Mature, boring, "old".... I'm sorry , this is just my opinion. I want my LV to be fresh, chic, fashionalble- and I don't think this bag is. BUT- you may feel differently.

Goodluck and let us know!!!

Wow. That is quite an opinion. I absolutely do feel different.

I had a Thames GM for a few days. I thought it looked great in the store, but I went home and modeled it in front of the mirror with all my outfits and found that it didn't suit me. I had to go return it a few days later.
I guess I don't like how it's so structured and stiff under my arm.

I really like the thames because it resembles the galliera and has a zipper top. I almost bought one myself, but then I saw the stresa and fell in lvoe:love:

Go for the thames!

Sorry if my statements seemed too harsh- it is only my opinion from trying it on in the store. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions & if mine are "negative" about a bag I usually keep them to myself.... Unless asked.

With that said- I still have the same opinion on Thames BUT it still sells because it must look great on many people. Go try it on & let us know what you think.