THAMES what do we think?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So DH did the taxes. I get to buy an HG bag. I have several bags, but not an HG. I liked the galliera, but I have decided it isn't for me. I am pretty set on the Thames, but I do not hear much about them. Does anyone have one? What do we think about it?

2. I was wondering about the same thing. I love the Galliera, but it always seems too big on me everytime I try it on, and I really do not need a huge bag for everyday.

One thing I read about the Thames was when zipped, it gets a wavy look that bothered some former owners. I need to check out this bag again too :biggrin:

3. by HG do you mean Holy Grail?

4. I wonder if it gets wavy if LV would fix that? I hope it has already been fixed. can't wait to see more comments.

5. yes:biggrin:

6. I think its a great alternative if you dont like the Galliera!

7. I am surprised that the Thames would be a Holy Grail for someone, don't take that the wrong way, but I consider HG bags Ltd. or rare LV bags. I have a friend that has the Thames, it is a nice bag, but I really prefer the Mono Galliera.

8. i think it's a beautiful bag!:yes:

9. I have always bought pre loved so yes going to the store and buying a thames would be a HG experience.

10. I have never seen this bag in person, but always thought it was cute when I passed it on the LV site. After seeing your post, I opened up the page for the bag and WOW...I didn't realize it was so big! I think it's a great alternative to the Galliera if you want a similar look but not so much size. I think it's a great HG item!

11. I just got the ebene thames pm in Nov-December. I love it! I didn't buy it as an every day bag, but as a rainy day alternative. It does hold a good amount of items and stays light on the shoulder with its wide strap. The shape is also very comfortabe under the arm. The only downside to the thames, that I dont mind at all, is that it doesnt really stand by itself. I can balance my pm to sit upright on its own, but Im not sure about the larger size.

12. Thames is my favorite.. there's a pic of a member sporting it on vacation on the LV in action Thread :biggrin:

13. I think it's a great alternative to the galliera if you want something a little smaller with more structure, less of a hobo style bag. I say you should definitely get it if it's your HG. nothing better than going to the boutique and bringing home the bag you love :drinkup:

14. I think Thames is very beautiful especially in Damier. I like PM though. I think GM looks a bit bulky. If you want PM, go for it.

15. Thanks for everyone's opinions. You do make me rething the galliera, but it is just too big for me.