Tell me why you think the Cartier Love Bracelet is worth the $

To me, it is not worth it. Because i'm not really that into it. Even if it were something i really wanted i still don't think i would pay the cost.

This is me. I actually do love the bracelet and even though it is on my wishlist, unless I was to win the lottery or have an obscene amount of disposable income on a monthly basis, I can't see paying for it. Love the look, what it symbolizes and the fact that it is a great everyday bracelet by a great company, but I have so many other things that I would rather spend the money on....even if I had the $$ lol

Reactions: pureplatinum
The love bracelet is an iconic piece of jewelry that is just as coveted and admired now as it was when it first came out in the 70's- a true classic that stands the test of time. Its instantly recognizable yet not over the top flashy and understated. It's meant to wear as a symbol of love every day for decades and then passed down to the next generation. If you ask me you get what you pay for.

I love the Love and for me it is worth it.

I agree with previous posters who mentiond:
1- Classic!
2- Resale value will always be retained with the constant price increases.
3- The idea of passibg it on to someone.

I have the cuff only because I cant wear jewelry 24/7.

Reactions: *xtina and Noyerx
This is hard because I bought mine when they were under $4k. I have the YG and at that price it was and still is totally worth it. It's just a fabulous piece that becomes your signature thing that does life with you. It's super comfy to sleep in but getting the right size is essential. This particular bracelet goes with my personal style and looks great alone or with other pieces. That being said - would I want a new one at this price? I don't know. Probably! But I would not buy another to stack with it. The Juste Un Clou is a different story, though!!

I absolutely love my love bracelet! Never fails to bring a smile to my face when I see it first thing in the morning or before I go to bed. But I loved jewelry & have grown up wearing & loving different pieces almost 24/7. DH does not understand why I especially loved this piece over all my other jewelries.... but he loves that I am super happy with it. That in itself makes it worth it! I also tend to choose jewelry over any other things I fancy... I know the value will increase but I have no intentions of ever selling it, maybe passing it to DS or future daughter in law (if I like her.. lol) :smile:

I don't like love bracelets at all, they look like hardware to me. They're also way too common and show no imagination at all. Like a couple of other people have said, they are mass-produced and look it. To me, they're the grown up version of the silver 'Return to Tiffany' jewelry.

Reactions: pureplatinum
I bought my Love 2 years ago going on 3. I always wanted it but hesitated to buy it because I thought it was so odd wearing screws and such an expensive piece. One day, I decided to check it out and tried on different sizes and was surprised by the quality and the amount of gold. Months later I bought it. It took me 2 weeks to adapt because is heavy but now if I take it off my arm feels naked. It's going to b for my daughter although it might be until I am 100 years old; lol! I may get another one for that reason.

Reactions: Louish
This is hard because I bought mine when they were under $4k. I have the YG and at that price it was and still is totally worth it. It's just a fabulous piece that becomes your signature thing that does life with you. It's super comfy to sleep in but getting the right size is essential. This particular bracelet goes with my personal style and looks great alone or with other pieces. That being said - would I want a new one at this price? I don't know. Probably! But I would not buy another to stack with it. The Juste Un Clou is a different story, though!!

What year did you get yours that it was under 4k? It really puts it in perspective doesn't it, that if you were to get another Love it would be over 1k more for the exact same bracelet. That is how I feel when I see what my LV bags now cost if I were to get them brand new again from what I paid for them when I got them years ago.

Reactions: Noyerx
I'd say it's worth it if you like the design... Personally, I am not a huge fan because I cannot pull it off and it's not very practical for me. I tried some at a store and still they did not look great on me. Even the SA recommended that I get more dainty ones. Plus, I am not patient enough to screw/unscrew each time I want to take it off. I can't even wear a simple bracelet when I work on my computer and I don't want any more hassle in addition to what I have, when I need to chance my clothes and remove jewelry before ballet classes. I think it's romantic if you want to have it as a token of relationship, though!

What year did you get yours that it was under 4k? It really puts it in perspective doesn't it, that if you were to get another Love it would be over 1k more for the exact same bracelet. That is how I feel when I see what my LV bags now cost if I were to get them brand new again from what I paid for them when I got them years ago.

Two years ago it was $3800. Exactly like LV bags! :smile:

Reactions: Noyerx
It's definitely an investment. It has pretty much doubled in price over the last 5 years so even if you get it and get fed up of it (which I highly doubt but nonetheless!) and sell it on it's unlikely you'll lose money. Plus as everyone's saying it's a classic piece that goes with everything!

I think the number one reason it's worth the money is because of the 24x7 nature of it. I bought mine at just about $3K (in St. Thomas) about 3 (4?) years ago. I think I would still want it at today's prices. If I wear it for the next 30 years, I think I'll have gotten my money's worth for sure!

I was just discussing this with my hubby today. While we were in Paris I debated buying a love bracelet. I have on and off wanted 1 for the past year or so, but I admit to not really being in love with it. The price increase made me think of buying one now just in case I do end up really wanting it lol. Hubby thinks it's not worth it because I have 24k gold bracelets that he likes way more than the love design. I don't think the love bracelet is worth it's price tag either because to be honest, it's sort of boring and doesn't make me feel like I have to have it. I'd probably buy it, wear it in the beginning and then get tired of it. I have other bangles that I can dress up or down, so the love bracelet is no more versatile than any other bracelet I have. Sure you could resell it in the future and get back probably whatever you paid for it, but if that's the case why don't people just buy love bracelets instead of investing in the market lol.

For me it's worth it because the reason I got it is for my own enjoyment and every time I look at it I feel a bit giddy lol! I'm in love with it and cant wait for it to be back in my arms again (gone for repair).. so that says a lot.
I think it's up to an individual as to weather it is worth it or not.

Reactions: k76 and Noyerx