Tell me more about the "Naissance d'une idee" scarf

kenzie1980

Patina in progress
Feb 14, 2008
Can anyone tell me more about the inspiration for this scarf and the meaning behind its design? I love the name (it's meaningful to me on several levels) and I want to learn more about it before deciding whether to buy it. Thanks!

Kenzie - it's also one of my faves, and I just bought one on e-bay! I too would like to know more of the story behind the design. One of the things I love about H scarves is - they make you think.

Woo hoo, congrats on your new purchase! I'd love to study that particular scarf up close so I can read everything written on it. That one in particular seems to be quite thought-provoking.

It´s such a beautiful design. I don´t know about the idea behind it but I´m sure someone will see this thread soon and knows.

I was curious, so I did a web search on the title. It appears that it's a common expression in French, and there's a philosophy book by that title, but I didn't find anything more helpful (even on French webpages -- of course, I was relying on Google's translation service, so I undoubtedly was missing most of the meaning of those pages). I also ran a search, adding "Hermes" as a required term, but nothing popped up explaining the background of the scarf.

It means "birth of an idea," correct? From what I could read on the scarf, it's almost looks like a map of the creative process. Or maybe it's just my brain doing free association. :biggrin: