tell me about the Chloe Paddy hobo?

Is this the Paddington Hobo? I saw it in this orange color in a boutique window in Los Angeles. The maniquin was wearing all black, this orange Chloe and an orange cashmere wrap. I WANTED IT RIGHT THEN AND THERE... but the store was closed!! I'm going back for that bag and wrap.

Is this the hobo? The asking price is $1,585, correct?

I saw this bag IRL and LOVE:heart: it!!! It feels totally comfortable on your shoulder and is a great size (in my opinion, I'm 5'7")! I especially LOVE it in the new gray and black with silver hardware - here on bg.com

Bergdorf Goodman  - Paddington Hobo

taking a break from (well really trying to escape from) the mother in law for a minute...

nw...you are truly the inspiration, thanks so much for your encouragement and reassurance, i really do love my bag!

and hippiechic...i forgot to mention last night, besides taking off the lock i found when i had the strap on it's shortest setting the bag seemed lighter somehow, it could be totally my imagination or it might have something to do with the center of gravity but i carried it that way all yesterday with a ton of my daughter's stuff and it felt great!

okay back to familial obligations...

Hey NYCmom and Hippiechic (we are bag triplets!), I am so glad you are enjoying your new shoulder hobos! I too shortened the strap to the shortest setting and it seems to feel just right weightwise.
I love the way this bag can hold so much but yet looks so chic. The weather is great in Seattle today so I am off to show it off.

taking a break from (well really trying to escape from) the mother in law for a minute...

nw...you are truly the inspiration, thanks so much for your encouragement and reassurance, i really do love my bag!

and hippiechic...i forgot to mention last night, besides taking off the lock i found when i had the strap on it's shortest setting the bag seemed lighter somehow, it could be totally my imagination or it might have something to do with the center of gravity but i carried it that way all yesterday with a ton of my daughter's stuff and it felt great!

okay back to familial obligations...

Oooh I will have to try that - thanks! According to my fiance (an engineer), it's all about the center of gravity and the fulcrum point. :idea:

Wishing you luck with your MIL this weekend...she has to go home sometime, right?

Hey NYCmom and Hippiechic (we are bag triplets!), I am so glad you are enjoying your new shoulder hobos! I too shortened the strap to the shortest setting and it seems to feel just right weightwise.
I love the way this bag can hold so much but yet looks so chic. The weather is great in Seattle today so I am off to show it off.

How cool is that - not just twins but triplets! And we're all at opposite corners of the country. Now we just need another one in southern CA, and we'd have perfect balance. :yes:

I feel exactly the way you do, about the Paddy shoulder bag holding a lot but still looking fabulous. Let us know how many compliments you get in Seattle! :wlae:

I need to say one thing about the hobo since for the most part no one seems to like the hobo. I love the hobo. It's way easier to carry than the satchel IMO. I'm not skinny and I have difficulty wearing the satchel on my shoulder. It's not meant to be carried that way in the first place. So I bought the hobo and I've never been happier. I'm actually thinking of giving away my satchels because they aren't worth it anymore.

THAT IT!!! I'm convinced that the orange hobo/shoulder bag shall be mine!!! :drool:

The darn boutique is in a large traffic area on Sunset Blvd. It's only open from 10am to 5pm Mon-Friday!!!! I work and would hate to drive during lunch hours.

Doesn't matter... I'm DETERMINED to get that bag and cashmere wrap!

Thanks guys

I need to say one thing about the hobo since for the most part no one seems to like the hobo. I love the hobo. It's way easier to carry than the satchel IMO. I'm not skinny and I have difficulty wearing the satchel on my shoulder. It's not meant to be carried that way in the first place. So I bought the hobo and I've never been happier. I'm actually thinking of giving away my satchels because they aren't worth it anymore.

I would totally carry the hobo (slightly different from the shoulder bag as I understand it?), for exactly the same reasons you mentioned. I'm not a small girl, and I'm not a fan of 2-strap shoulder bags either - the satchel would have to be a handheld bag for me. Now, if only I could find a hobo...

i found when i had the strap on it's shortest setting the bag seemed lighter somehow, it could be totally my imagination or it might have something to do with the center of gravity but i carried it that way all yesterday with a ton of my daughter's stuff and it felt great!

I tried this today, and it worked! It really did feel lighter with the strap shorter. I had left the Nordie's price tag on, tucked into a pocket just in case, but thanks to you and NWpurselover, I completely found my comfort zone with this bag today - no more tag! I can't imagine parting with her now.:wlae:

I got a Paddy satchel over the weekend, and I can't comfortably wear it on my shoulder either. It's definitely going to be a handheld/arm carried bag for me. That's OK, I like both shoulder bags and handheld, but it's definitely not practical for me as a shoulder bag.