Tell me a funny story about you and Lv.

a few years back when i allready had a love for lv but didn't own anything i went to paris with a friend and her parents
on the champs elysee an asian man and woman ask us if we want to go to LV and buy 2 bags and 2 wallets for them
we where like..WHAAAT??
they said they couldn't buy it in the store because of their skin colour (the store was packed with asian people!)
anyway, we had to pretent we didn't know each other so my friend went with her mother and i went with her father
we both got 900 euro's IN CASH and we had to buy a damier bag (don't remember which one) and a damier wallet, they told us we could choose the wallet ourselfs :l
my friend and i ended up with the same wallet without knowing that!
it was so weird, they must have NEEDED those lv's if they trust total strangers with 1800 euro cash!!

LV is much more expensive in Asia as compared to Paris. Sometimes, when we've friends going to Paris, we asked them to get bags for us. But many friends will ask the same friend to buy. And since there's a quota that Asians can buy, our friends have to resort to getting strangers to buy for them.

Edited to add: Example if 2 friends go in and ask to buy 4 bags of same model, they might refuse to sell. So friends have to go in pretending they don't know each other. Why would they buy 4 bags of same model? Because it's nice and chic and everyone happen to like the same bags. We know they have their reasons for limiting Asians' purchases but we too hope to get bags we like at a lower (Paris) price and hence have to resort to such methods.

Last edited:
I was leaving a restaurant a couple of weeks ago and had my Tivoli Gm with my LV pink denim bandeau and all of the sudden it starts raining like a hurricane all of the sudden came in.

There was no where I could take cover so..... bahahaha I was wearing a dress with leggings and had to hide my bag under my dress. So ya there were like 3 young guys walking behind me and they started laughing.... I was laughing too but still it was a bit embarrassing.
My DH didn't think it was funny, but I didn't want the handles to get wet and in that whole process I wrinkled my bandeau :shucks:

:lol:
That's funny! (Not about the wrinkled bandeau though).

Last week it started pouring before I could run into the grocery store so I dug around in my car and found a plastic shopping bag, and put my new-to-me White MC Alma inside and tied it tight and ran holding it football style in my arms! I didn't care too much about my hair or clothes :nuts:

Again, two days ago it was pouring and I'm at the same store but this time I have my huge umbrella with me. I had about five bags of groceries in my shopping cart and the same LV. People were lined up outside under the overhang waiting for a break in the rain but I knew it wouldn't let up anytime soon. I had to take action.....I dumped out three of the bags of groceries and triple bagged my LV and tied it tight so the rain couldn't get inside the top. I put it on the kiddie seat part of the cart. Then I jammed all the groceries in the remaining two bags and walked to my car holding the umbrella carefully over the Alma (who cares about the groceries :graucho:) until I got to my car. I was soaked trying to keep my LV dry and the water was ankle deep in the parking lot so I could hardly keep my flipflops on.
But, I did it!!!! I placed the LV carefully in the car and then started throwing the other bags in and running around like a crazy person getting rid of the shopping cart and trying to close the umbrella.
The whole time people were watching me since I was parked only two spots away from the entrance.:nuts:
But my LV didn't get one waterspot on it!

What we will do for our LVs. When I wear azur speedy and go the ladies room. I won't set it down on any counter while washing my hands. So I squeeze it betweeen my knees ,while I wash and dry my hands. People have given me strange looks until I saw another woman doing the same thing with her speedy. She just grinned at me. No water stains for us.

What we will do for our LVs. When I wear azur speedy and go the ladies room. I won't set it down on any counter while washing my hands. So I squeeze it betweeen my knees ,while I wash and dry my hands. People have given me strange looks until I saw another woman doing the same thing with her speedy. She just grinned at me. No water stains for us.

I do the same with all my handhelds lol I don't care how weird I look

LV is much more expensive in Asia as compared to Paris. Sometimes, when we've friends going to Paris, we asked them to get bags for us. But many friends will ask the same friend to buy. And since there's a quota that Asians can buy, our friends have to resort to getting strangers to buy for them.

Edited to add: Example if 2 friends go in and ask to buy 4 bags of same model, they might refuse to sell. So friends have to go in pretending they don't know each other. Why would they buy 4 bags of same model? Because it's nice and chic and everyone happen to like the same bags. We know they have their reasons for limiting Asians' purchases but we too hope to get bags we like at a lower (Paris) price and hence have to resort to such methods.

Don't mean to go off topic....

Completely understand that in countries outside of Europe luxury goods are more expensive. But it is not just Asians they put this limit on. If it were, I would assume so many lawsuits have been filed already.

First hand experience is they do this with all foreign passport holders wishing to get VAT refund. Even in the Chanel forum they have mentioned a limit of this sort.

Don't mean to go off topic....

Completely understand that in countries outside of Europe luxury goods are more expensive. But it is not just Asians they put this limit on. If it were, I would assume so many lawsuits have been filed already.

First hand experience is they do this with all foreign passport holders wishing to get VAT refund. Even in the Chanel forum they have mentioned a limit of this sort.
When I was in Paris last week they even asked for my passport when I bought the eva. So I think that they keep track of what everyone buys there. But they didn't asked when I was buying my cles.

Haha... I do this too! It's funniest to see me "waddle" from the sink over to dry my hands with the bag still in between my legs!

My DH was showing his parents the Mono Cles he surprised me for Mother's Day. My FIL replied that it was nice. MIL grabs it and says to FIL, "Oh you don't know anything about designer stuff. It's an Yves St. Laurent, silly - look at the intials!":okay:

I know my MIL's eyes are bad, but I didn't think they were that bad.

I do this all the time. Look at me all you want but I am NOT putting my bag down anywhere in a public bathroom.