Teeth whitening help: Which one works the best?!?!

I saw my dentist in December and asked about whitening. He sold me the Crest Whitestrips Professional, which you can't buy in stores. It's stronger than what is sold at retail. Works great, and is much cheaper than having it done by your dentist!

I did something very similar to Brite Smile in December and use a brush on product 1-2x a week and am very happy with the results. These products didn't hurt my teeth like the bleach from my dentist. My teeth were sensitive for four years after that.

I'm Asian and let me tell you it's not a matter of what's "in" and what's "out". Most Asians with their Asian features do look better with pale skin. I live in Tokyo and if you go to the Shibuya district of Tokyo you see a lot of "gyaru" (girls with dyed hair and tanned skin) and no, it simply doesn't look good on Asians.

I agree!
Also 'whitening' is considered a beauty tradition in Asia tested by the test of time lol...

hmmm... lemme share a secret... pearls do wonders to asian faces ;)

I'm using a product from the Black skincare section of my drugstore. It works. I bought in the past month, so my local Long's must not know it's banned. I'll go buy them out.

It's called Genuine Black & White Bleach Creme. I was using Obagi (by prescription - and at least two of the Obagi main products contain hydroquinone, and it's definitely still on the market). However, the idea is to exfoliate, too. I also use tretinoin (sp?) 1-2X a week at this point.

I put the Black & White creme on some brownish areas on the sides of my face and on the age spots near my cheekbones and the one age spot I have under my right eye. I've been doing this for a year, though. I can compare my spots to my DH's and to other people I know, who look just as they did last year (same amount of aging spots). Mine are virtually invisible.

I put quite a bit of the hydroquinone on each of these little areas, but a very small amount overall.

Obagi and similar methods don't have to hurt like hell - there's a blender that comes with the kit and if a person has any real redness, you're supposed to cut down on the Alpha Hydroxy and retinol components - but it gets complicated, I agree. I am older than most of you, so I found the bit of redness and peeling worth it - lines are much deeper when your skin has all those extra cells piled up.

I just don't get the I want to look super pale thing.. I know its a traditional asian thing but I thought it was now "out of style" *shrugs*

I'm american, worse I'm from Southern Calfiornia where pale is considered very unattractive especially since we show lots of skin.

Anyhow, back on subject. I've heard that Chanel's whitening products sold only in Asia, are great and and not too dangerous.

I'm American too...Asian-American. And I live in California! ;) I don't think it is unattractive. Just some people look better with a deep tan, some don't. :shrugs:

I agree!
Also 'whitening' is considered a beauty tradition in Asia tested by the test of time lol...

hmmm... lemme share a secret... pearls do wonders to asian faces ;)

Can you guys elaborate on the pearls?

Do you mean cosmetics with fine crushed pearls do wonders? If so, which products?

(Or did you just mean wearing pearl jewelry piece enhance Asian skin color?)

sorry... confused.:confused1: :confused1:

I want to go out and buy some teeth whitening stuff but there are so many brands and I want to make sure I get one that really works. Which one is the best to get?

Any of you guys use teeth whitener? Which was the best one that worked for you? I need some suggestions!!

I used 20 crest white strips professional supreme.I got it at the dentist and they did a great job and got my teeth white o.o you can always use the Crest White strips that they sell at Walgreens.

If you don't feel like applying the Crest whitestrips to your teeth, I recommend Colgate Visible White toothpaste. It must have a really high peroxide content or something, but it really works - I've done the whitestrips a few times and the results are comparable.

I had mine done at the dentist with super results. People are always commenting on how white my teeth are. I do touch ups once per year or so.

Also, I brush with Colgate Vivid White in the morning and Crest Vivid White Night at night to keep my teeth their best.

I have several friends in dental school... they recommend Crests white strips (professional strength). Also, Colgate Total is the best toothpaste on the market apparently. They contain some patented ingredient no other toothpaste has. I've used Supersmile whitening toothpaste... but I haven't really seen a change. Then again, I'm a smoker so that might be it :PPP

I've used Crest Whitestrips, which I liked, but they didn't really whiten my teeth that much. I'm using Target's teeth whitening system right now. My teeth are definitely getting whiter, but I don't like the tray things I have to put into my mouth.

I'm interested in bringing this topic back up to see what people have to say...

I wanted to brighten my teeth, and I had used Crest White Strips in the past with pretty good results. I bought the equivalent of them at Target the other day... but now I'm wondering if I should have looked into this Go-Smile thing... (I am seeing results even after three days with the strips...)

I guess one question I have about the Go Smile stuff - do they have like a maintenance system that I could use everyday to maintain the whiteness? I already use whitening toothpaste.

Also... does "over-whitening" make your teeth fragile?? I am not having sensitivity issues, but for some reason I am panicked because I don't want to make my teeth very fragile. TIA! :tup: