Teeth whitening help: Which one works the best?!?!

xikry5talix said:
I want to try Go Smile. Do I need to start with the kit or can I just use the toothpastes?

The toothpaste usually contain bicarbonate soda which acts as an abrasive which usually gets rid of surface stains, it gives you the appearance of slightly whiter teeth.

It's better with the whitener supplied by your dentist.

I would have them professionally done to start with...I had custom trays made by my dentist like 6 years ago..I use the rembrandt whitening gel in the syringes about once a week to maintain...Works great!!

Go Smile B1 advanced formula kit from Sephora is fantastic! I highly recommend it. Its also WAY less expensive than going the dentist route. It worked for me.
I tried that..I didn't like it..I didn't think it was as effective as the custom trays/gel...You can purchase the gel syringes at your dentist's office as well...but truthfully the only difference I noticed was the $$$ !! You should talk with your dentist about it and see what he says.

I've tried Crest Whitening Strips a couple times, and they've always worked for me perfectly. :smile: I use the strips like maybe once a year. I use a Sonicare toothbrush to keep them white in between.

I tried the Crest WhiteStrips and the GoSmile. Crest hurt my teeth really badly and gave me a headache. The GoSmile didn't do a thing. It's probably like diets -- what works for one won't necessarily work for another, KWIM.

I used the Zoom Weekender kit a few years ago, and it made my teeth SO sensitive I couldn't breathe through my mouth or have a glass of lukewarm water without having it hurt like :censor: I couldn't even finish the procedure. I intended on having it done in-office this winter, but frankly I was just too scared of the pain to ever get around to it. I read somewhere that fluor helps prevent sensitive teeth, so I started using fluor mouthwash religiously, and chewed on fluor tablets. I never did work up the courage to have my teeth whitened at the dentist before it was too late to schedule an appointment (I wanted to whiten them for a particular event) so I ended up using the Zoom Weekender kit again, and this time there was NO sensitivity! They do get whiter when you use Zoom, but my teeth weren't that yellow to begin with so the difference wasn't that big, but I'm happy with the result :flowers:

I tried the Crest WhiteStrips and the GoSmile. Crest hurt my teeth really badly and gave me a headache. The GoSmile didn't do a thing. It's probably like diets -- what works for one won't necessarily work for another, KWIM.

OMG I tried the Crest Renewal over the weekend. I didn't think I had sensitive teeth. I only got to day 3 and I couldn't take it anymore. The pain shot right from my teeth to my head. Ouch! I was told to use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth for 2 weeks before trying it again. I don't know if I could take the professional strength ones.

I would suggest that you have it done professionaly in a clinic. My dentist did mine and I am happy with the result although my teeth didnt achieve the "whiteness" I am looking for (due to genetics) but I am satisfied with how it came out. I also do use the trays as maintenance about once a weel too and use crest vivid white toothpaste everyday