Let me know what you got!
1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
1 package Tofu, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/2 inch slices crosswise
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 scallion, cut into 11/2 inch sections
Stir-fry tomato first until soft
Add Tofu and soy sauce; blend gently & cook 2 mins
Finally Stir in scallion for 1 mins
Ready to be served. (I like egg, so I will add 1 egg and stir-fry with the above ingredients)
I usually get recipes from cookveg.com.
Baked Tofu Szechuan Style
2 T tamari soy sauce
1 T Oriental sesame oil
1 T vegetable oil
1/2 t minced fresh ginger
1 pound extrafirm tofu, cut into 3/4inch cubes and patted very dry
1/2 t chili paste with garlic*
1 T natural style peanut butter
2 T dry sherry, rice wine, or vermouth
In a medium size bowl combine the marinade ingredients. Gently stir in the tofu and coat well. Let marinate for 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours. Cover and chill if longer than 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Pour the tofu and its marinade into a shallow baking dish in one layer. Bake for 15 minutes, tossing once with a spatula.
Combine the sauce ingredients and pour over the tofu. Toss to coat evenly. Return to the oven and bake 10 more minutes, or until golden brown. Let sit 10 minutes before serving; it should be served warm, not piping hot.
Eggless Egg Salad
1 package tofu (12.3 ounces)
1 t apple cider vinegar
2 t mustard
1 t honey
½ t turmeric
2 T diced celery
2 T diced onion
1 t parsley
Mix everything together then mix with Tofu. Tofu will gradually break apart. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to let flavors meld.
THE CREAMIEST TOFU CHEESECAKE IN THE WORLD
• 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
• 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
• 1/4 cup unrefined sugar crystals or sugar
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
• 16 ounces silken tofu
• 16 ounces tofu cream cheese
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1. For the crust, in a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the ground almonds and sweetener. With a fork, blend the butter into the mixture until it clings together. Turn the mixture into a 8-inch springform pan. Spread and pat the crust until it covers the bottom of the pan. Keep working the crust up the sides of the pan to a height of about 1 inch, leaving it thicker around the bottom edge, where the sides and bottom of the pan meet. Make sure the crust is thinner around the top edge. Bake the crust @ 350 for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. For the filling, puree the tofu in a food processor. Add the cream cheese and process to blend. Add the sugar and eggs and process to incorporate them completely. Blend in the lemon juice and vanilla. Finally, blend in the arrowroot.
3. Pour the filling into the prepared crust, filling it to within 1/2-inch of the top. Bake in the center of the oven for 60 minutes. The cake will be golden on top, slightly browned around the edges, and still puffed and jiggling in the center. Turn off the heat BUT LEAVE THE CAKE sitting in the oven for 60 minutes. Set the cake on a rack and let cool to room temperature. Cover the cake lightly with foil and refrigerate 24 hours before serving.
Note: The cake will taste delicious once it is chilled through, but only reaches full creaminess after being refrigerated 8 hours, or overnight.
I've never made it but I copied this to my file and it looks like a good recipe.
Keep em comin guys! This is so exciting!
I love making Eggless Egg salad, you can make so many variations of this. I prefer to use cilantro rather than parsely, but this recipe looks yummy!
1 package of tofu
pat of butter
chopped bell pepper
dash of tumeric for yellow color
salt and pepper to taste
Saute butter, onion, and bell pepper until almost tender. Add slice mushrooms and cook until soft. Add crumbled tofu, tumeric, salt and pepper and saute until consistent yellow color and dish is thoroughly warmed and mixed.
Add cheese on top if you like.
i like to do BBQ ones... just pan fry them a bit..then toss it in BBQ sauce. hehehe
^ I've heard you can get a nice firm texture if you freeze the tofu and then thaw out before cooking it... BBQ sauce would be great with this! Almost like a riblet.
That's what I do. I go to the Asian market where they sell tofu in buckets. Usually it's too much tofu for me, so I'll use plastic wrap to wrap them up individually and freeze them. Once you defrost it, you can press it in between your two palms to get rid of the liquid, and throw it into dishes with lots of sauces, and it tastes just like sponges!!
I don't know if it has already been posted but I like this one very much
Pineapple Tofu Ice Cream
Serves: 8 (1/2 cup servings)
A summer topical refresher, Pineapple Tofu Ice Cream quenches the craving for a summer treat!
Homemade ice cream should be served as soon as possible. There are no additives or preservatives so it doesn't keep as long as traditional ice cream when frozen.
2 lbs. Tofu
2/3 cup sugar
2 scoops Fat Metabolizer Drink Mix, Vanilla Flavor (Personal Edge®)
1 1/2 cups plain soy milk
8 oz. pineapple chunks, drained
1. In a food processor, combine the tofu, sugar and Personal Edge® powder; puree.
2. While processing, add the soy milk and continue to process until the mixture is smooth. Add the pineapple chunks; stir.
3. Pour mixture into a freezer proof plastic container uncovered. Stir every 15 minutes until the mixture reaches a semi-frozen consistency.
Alternatively, pour the mixture into an electric ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Soy ice cream can be made up to 2 days in advance.
Nutrition Facts per serving)
Soy Protein: 7g
Does this actually taste like egg salad?? Because I love egg salad...so this would be awesome!! haha
I JUST MADE THIS AND ITS SOOOO DEEEELICIOUS!!!! WITH THE EGG!!