Tank Francoise Small or Panthere Small

ladymadame

Apr 11, 2020
I tried panthere mini, it's nice, but really really too small. When I put it on me, it looked so stange. Normally I like small and discreet jewelry, but panthere mini is too mini. Panthere Small is perfect on me. Wonderful. But I also wanted to try Tank Francois Small, they didn't have it, only Medium, which is pretty but too big for me.
Does anyone have Francoise Small?
It will be my only watch. Which is more classic - Panthere or Tank?

I think both are equally classic, it’s just a matter of preference. The tank is a bit bulkier, more substantial, and more of a watch-like piece. It is more masculine and casual to me, especially with the brushed links. The panthere, in contrast, is more feminine and bracelet-like. It’s much shinier and a little dressier. I think it really just depends on what your personal style is and what vibe you’re going for!

I own both the small Panthere in stainless steel and the small Tank Francaise in the two-tone. When I bought the Panthere, I was worried it would be similar to the Tank Francaise, but they are very different in terms of aesthetic. The Panthere is more square with the polished finish, whereas the Tank Francaise is more rectangular with a majority brushed finish.

If I had to choose one, it would be the Tank Francaise, but I would go for the two-tone if you can. The subtlety of the gold gives it something a bit extra. I think the Panthere looks best in either stainless steel or all gold (basically not two-tone) so it depends on your preference of finish.

Reactions: ladymadame
I think both are equally classic, it’s just a matter of preference. The tank is a bit bulkier, more substantial, and more of a watch-like piece. It is more masculine and casual to me, especially with the brushed links. The panthere, in contrast, is more feminine and bracelet-like. It’s much shinier and a little dressier. I think it really just depends on what your personal style is and what vibe you’re going for!
I agree with you! Both are classics but the tank seems more masculine to me. Even the name of it sounds masculine lol I tried on the panthere a couple days ago and I'm in love with it!

Here are both watches on my hand. I really can't decide. I did not know the tank was so beautiful in person.
Panthere is really special. What do you think, ladies :angel:
I plan to buy one watch and wear it constantly and for many years to come.

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Here are both watches on my hand. I really can't decide. I did not know the tank was so beautiful in person.
Panthere is really special. What do you think, ladies :angel:
I plan to buy one watch and wear it constantly and for many years to come.
If you plan to wear constantly I would choose the Panthere.
When I got mine, I basically never took it off. Except when I have to shower or swim, it's always on me.
It is a very very comfortable watch.
Since it looks like you'll be choosing stainless steel, even better, much more durable and lighter than gold.

• Love
Reactions: chloebagfreak
If you plan to wear constantly I would choose the Panthere.
When I got mine, I basically never took it off. Except when I have to shower or swim, it's always on me.
It is a very very comfortable watch.
Since it looks like you'll be choosing stainless steel, even better, much more durable and lighter than gold.
How long do you have Panthere? And what about wear and tear?

How long do you have Panthere? And what about wear and tear?
I've had mine since Nov 2022. I have the two-toned, YG and SS in medium. I wear it with my Cartier love and a woven bracelet.

The SS parts have very very light and minor scratches and the scratches are more obvious on the gold.

However, I do not baby my pieces.
I wear them when I sleep, wash dishes, mucking around in the garden, taking out garbage, etc.
I've definitely banged my wrists/hands on doors and tables. I also prefer a looser fit for the watch, so it tends to move around more and will hit the love bracelet often.

I can take photos if you like. :smile:

I've had mine since Nov 2022. I have the two-toned, YG and SS in medium. I wear it with my Cartier love and a woven bracelet.

The SS parts have very very light and minor scratches and the scratches are more obvious on the gold.

However, I do not baby my pieces.
I wear them when I sleep, wash dishes, mucking around in the garden, taking out garbage, etc.
I've definitely banged my wrists/hands on doors and tables. I also prefer a looser fit for the watch, so it tends to move around more and will hit the love bracelet often.

I can take photos if you like. :smile:
Yes, I would appreciate it 😊

Reactions: lill_canele
I own both the small Panthere in stainless steel and the small Tank Francaise in the two-tone. When I bought the Panthere, I was worried it would be similar to the Tank Francaise, but they are very different in terms of aesthetic. The Panthere is more square with the polished finish, whereas the Tank Francaise is more rectangular with a majority brushed finish.

If I had to choose one, it would be the Tank Francaise, but I would go for the two-tone if you can. The subtlety of the gold gives it something a bit extra. I think the Panthere looks best in either stainless steel or all gold (basically not two-tone) so it depends on your preference of finish.
Which one do you wear more?