Talk to you all after Ernesto

I am still so...............tired, and now bored and with definite cabin fever....shutters are up, laptop charged, ups up and running, had to cancel airline tickets for tomorrow morning for friday instead, had to pay all bills on the phone today, just in case I can't do it on the web, staghorn ferns have been tied to trees, orchids have come inside as well as patio furniture, umbrellas, etc......bought a great little item at radio shack today, it plugs into my car lighter and allows to appliances to plug into it,......my car is safely in garage so I can run an extension cord to the kitchen and plug the kitchen tv to it or the coffepot in the a.m., or my laptop......have to turn the car on every 45 minutes while in use.....I thought it was brilliant if power fails, will see.......our phone system is all portable and plugged into electricity so I can also plug the phone in to use if power goes off, but........the truth is, right now, Ernesto is nothing more than a cloudy afternoon.............drove around a while ago and actually was able to have a great late, late lunch/early dinner at one of our favorite South Miami restaurants.............hope it stays this way, but.....................we are so bored!!!!!!

habanerita said:
I am still so...............tired, and now bored and with definite cabin fever....shutters are up, laptop charged, ups up and running, had to cancel airline tickets for tomorrow morning for friday instead, had to pay all bills on the phone today, just in case I can't do it on the web, staghorn ferns have been tied to trees, orchids have come inside as well as patio furniture, umbrellas, etc......bought a great little item at radio shack today, it plugs into my car lighter and allows to appliances to plug into it,......my car is safely in garage so I can run an extension cord to the kitchen and plug the kitchen tv to it or the coffepot in the a.m., or my laptop......have to turn the car on every 45 minutes while in use.....I thought it was brilliant if power fails, will see.......our phone system is all portable and plugged into electricity so I can also plug the phone in to use if power goes off, but........the truth is, right now, Ernesto is nothing more than a cloudy afternoon.............drove around a while ago and actually was able to have a great late, late lunch/early dinner at one of our favorite South Miami restaurants.............hope it stays this way, but.....................we are so bored!!!!!!

Sounds like our day!!! We are bored out of our minds- like ridiculously bored. My dad just moved the cars to the front of the house in the grass- furthest point from any trees. It looks a tad creepy looking out over the cars to the storm. We went to Starbucks... TWICE. I made brownies and lunch. We did our best to secure our leaky roof... and now we are waiting. We have buckets and sponges galore for the inevitable flooding. Ughh.

Last hurricane we played monopoly... and FINISHED it!!!! :wtf: LAst year we lost power for a little under 1 month. It was AWFUL.

Anyone want to play monopoly??? I get to be the car!!! :nuts:

Megs said:
Last hurricane we played monopoly... and FINISHED it!!!! :wtf: LAst year we lost power for a little under 1 month. It was AWFUL.

Anyone want to play monopoly??? I get to be the car!!! :nuts:
Holy cow! I've never finished monopoly. That takes a looooong time.

Megs said:
^ 3 weeks with no power... many boring games around candle light finished... :amuse:

Only one of my friends down there had a generator - so everyone would go to their house for coffee and internet use. Its crazy how long the power took to come back up, isn't it? My mom just left the area and went to visit my sister at school so she didn't have to deal with it.

OMG I have a friend with about 50 orchids in his back yard, I wonder what they're doing?

:wtf: Just for an update...damn it! We just lost Satellite...:rant: ...still have internet...unplugged all major computer devices and now have the laptop...when it gets worse and we lose internet I have the Bluetooth Windows 8125 for email and such...

Just to let all of you guys know...if I don't get in touch with anyone for any reason...it just means that I am sitting in a VERY HOT, MUGGY, WITH NO ELECTRICITY HOUSE! & no internet!!

Megs...where in Lauderdale are you...I am in Rio Vista...:upsidedown:
Hope all is well with your house construction and all...I know my ceiling will leak at some point:upsidedown: ! Last year my air conditioner (whatever that thing is on the damn roof) WAS IN MY BACKYARD!!!!!

At least all my bags are safe!!! WOW, would I be in trouble!!!:nuts: :wtf:

Kristy

Megs said:
^ 3 weeks with no power... many boring games around candle light finished... :amuse:

Same here...my neighborhood WAS THE LAST TO GET POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wtf: AND I WAS BY MYSELF & MY TWO DOGS WITH NO HURRICANE SHUTTERS....FOR KATRINA & THEN WILMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wtf: :nuts: :hysteric: