Talk to you all after Ernesto

thompk said:
Never lost power!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!! Or TV!

Same here. I just got up... went to look outside my kitchen window and saw that it's just very breezy. It rained some last night, but not much. Only two days of work left when I go back tomorrow! Then a three-day weekend! :wlae:

^ Nope here I am!!!!!!!!!! Everything turned out just fine!!! No leaking which was amazing!!!!!!! My parents house has leaked from Florida t-storms and didn't leak from Ernesto- so it was GOOD!!!

Habanerita- My parents renovation is HUGE. We are not adding on to the house (it is already a pretty good size) but changing so much. We have an old Florida home witha low roof, so they are re-doing the roof. We didn't have a pool at this house- just a huge yard. So there is a really nice pool with a jacuzzi being put in. Then the driveways will be chicago brick, the pool deck will be chicago brick, they are adding an outdoor fireplace to the back porch, the windows will all be the impermeable hurrican proof ones (no more shutters!!!), they are putting either marble or hardwood floors in the house rather than tile, and they have an interior decorator to change some other things. Sheesh- it is a huge project!!!!

The entire thing should be done around Thanksgiving (or so we are told) so I will post pictures sometime!!! It should be great and really nice about the storm windows :yahoo:

:yahoo: Glad to hear all is well and no leaks.....your parents renovation sounds tdf, are they raising the roof????I've always wanted to do that!! please post when it is done!!!! We were all so lucky with Ernestico the whimp!!!!

Good to hear Megs.

I was like Ernesto who? We just got a good rain about 7pm now it's pretty quiet. I was in whateva mode for this storm just from looking at what it was doing prior to hitting land. I actually went to the mall for a couple hours to get out of the house. I've lived in Florida all my life and in the past 4 yrs is the first time I've ever experienced hurricanes.

habanerita said:
:yahoo: Glad to hear all is well and no leaks.....your parents renovation sounds tdf, are they raising the roof????I've always wanted to do that!! please post when it is done!!!! We were all so lucky with Ernestico the whimp!!!!

We can all laugh in Ernestos face now!!

Yes, their renovation is truly something else!! The roof will be raised and there are going to be all sorts of things!! Even 3 fountains on the sides of the house!! I will def post pics!!

aprild said:
Good to hear Megs.

I was like Ernesto who? We just got a good rain about 7pm now it's pretty quiet. I was in whateva mode for this storm just from looking at what it was doing prior to hitting land. I actually went to the mall for a couple hours to get out of the house. I've lived in Florida all my life and in the past 4 yrs is the first time I've ever experienced hurricanes.

it sounds like you missed the big A-ndrew! a nightmare.....

I just plugged my computers in checked emails and ebay to see if I made some $$$ during the bore I mean storm and headed right here! I am in PB county-Lake Worth, and we have had steady rain now for about 3 hours...some minor wind and bursts of rain throughout the day. I hope the rest of the season stays this mild here in SoFla!