Food Taco Bell & a Worm in my Salad

Gross! That is why I don't like to dine out too often.

About a month ago, I had a can of Bumble bee premium white albacore tuna. After "chopping" it up and making tuna salad, I chomped onto something VERY sharp and cut my gums. I spazzed and spit out a BONE! Totally pissed, I called the customer service line and the rep told me that it was quite a common occurence and treated me like an idiot. It really angered me and I'm passing on tuna these days.

Granted it's not a worm, but it actually injured me! haha

Ugh!!! I would've vomitted. I have a real hard time eating at fast food places. I'm always afraid of what might be in my food. Sounds like you had a (GROSS) maggot in your salad. Ewwwwww!

About a month ago, I had a can of Bumble bee premium white albacore tuna. After "chopping" it up and making tuna salad, I chomped onto something VERY sharp and cut my gums. I spazzed and spit out a BONE! Totally pissed, I called the customer service line and the rep told me that it was quite a common occurence and treated me like an idiot. It really angered me and I'm passing on tuna these days.

Granted it's not a worm, but it actually injured me! haha

Yeah, it's happened to me 2x's within a month with the packets of hickory smoked tuna. The 1st time, I thought it was an isolated incident. Then it happened 2 weeks later. Ick.

Ewww, I'm sorry this happened to you.

Something similar happened to me, kinda....
I had bought some Romaine lettuce, you know, the kind in the produce section in the supermarket, left out in the open that you bag yourself...

Anyway, I was at home making a salad and I was pulling apart some of the Romaine when I felt something move. I freaked out and screamed and dropped the lettuce on the floor. Once I composed myself I picked it back up and saw that there was a green (a bit lighter than the lettuce) worm / caterpillar thing STILL ALIVE and wiggling on the lettuce.

I don't think I've ate lettuce since..lol.

Two recent occasions, one time at shooters in fort lauderdale, there was the long piece of curved plastic in my rice, working in restaurants so long it was easy to see that it was the curve of a long plastic laddle.They didn't say much just took it off.
Another time I was at one of my favorite restaurants in F.L. and I was with these guy friends of mine and one of them had a metal looking disc in there goat cheese mash pots, again working in that industry and from cooking we all knew what it was it what from the pan, where the handle attaches I think it's called a trivot or something. They were so funny with the server, had a chuckle and let it go, they were saying I know I'm going to be going for the veneer look soon but not tonight and handed it to him in his hand. We were all laughing. Thank god it wasnt a worm or big ole bug!

My boyfriend and I thought the worm was a nasty peice of ground beef at first but inspected it more closely and saw it's eyes!!!quote]

Bleeeegh! I was already disgusted by the idea of a worm in my salad, but YUCK, his eyes?! I don't know why, but that makes it even more gross.
And how can that manager not care? Some manager that is.

Blegh, now I'm kinda happy we don't have a Taco Bell here!

Just a real story for you why I ABSOLUTELY FORBID my DH from eating at Taco Bell.

Late nite at about 10:30 pm my DH (BF then) was hungry but the Taco Bell we always go to (I don't eat tacos but DH do) was closed for the night. We had to drive past the dumpster which was full of boxes (like over 30 of them) labelled "Grade D barely edible beef"....:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Never been back to any Taco Bell since and it was a couple of years ago.
Even DOGS eat better quality meat (serious, except nowadays they are mostly from China, but if you toured the local Dog food factory...) than that labelled "Grade D barely edible beef" (my DH can also vouch for that IS what we saw)....

We ARE what we eat!

Just a real story for you why I ABSOLUTELY FORBID my DH from eating at Taco Bell.

Late nite at about 10:30 pm my DH (BF then) was hungry but the Taco Bell we always go to (I don't eat tacos but DH do) was closed for the night. We had to drive past the dumpster which was full of boxes (like over 30 of them) labelled "Grade D barely edible beef"....:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Never been back to any Taco Bell since and it was a couple of years ago.
Even DOGS eat better quality meat (serious, except nowadays they are mostly from China, but if you toured the local Dog food factory...) than that labelled "Grade D barely edible beef" (my DH can also vouch for that IS what we saw)....

We ARE what we eat!

I had heard someone say that before, and had looked it up on Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/badmeat.asp

Is it possible the boxes said something else?

OMG that is sick! :throwup: My bf used to work as taco bell, and he used to bring home taco bell every night, so I hate it now, even the smell makes me sick,:yucky: so good thing I will never eat there again. :nogood:
I'm sorry for your shock and encounter with your little worm friend. That is sick. I would have kept it and sued their pants off.:yes:

Why would the box say barely edible??? You mean printed on the packaging?? 'Tis true - we really have no idea what kind of 'meat' we are eating. Sooooo gggrrroooossssssssssss.

We have no take away mexican in my city (middle of no where in australia) - and I always wished we had one!!...... until now.
A take home Old El Paso kit will do me just fine!!

I had heard someone say that before, and had looked it up on Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/badmeat.asp

Is it possible the boxes said something else?

Nope, not false, but a visual truth.

would you say that it is false if you actually see it with your very own eyes???
Saw it with me and my DH's (we went there for him) very own eyes:throwup::throwup::throwup:... "Grade D barely edible beef"... so eat on at your own risk. We saw it personally not HEARD someone says it (and me and DH is not paid to say anything for or against Taco Bell, just stating a fact). It is not as though we got "sick" from eating Taco Bell, so there is a complaint... there is not. We choose not to eat that then get sick from it.

Oh and DH was a frequent customer (Not a sue-happy person and with no quarrels with Taco Bell, just base upon our own eyes) even till then (the dumpster incident), and we are not complainers since after we saw those empty boxes (some 30 of them) we just choose not to eat them anymore. DH "loved" them because they were "healthier" than Micky Ds... just don't do them anymore because of what we saw.